Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sun , Sea and healthy life ?

Sun , Sea and healthy life ?

Old May 6th 2003, 5:27 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sun , Sea and healthy life ?

Having tried to watch Aussie telly I can understand why its now the land of the fat , get your junk food meal turn on the box 20 minutes later you are bored to the point of dropping off to sleep and bingo the crap that you have eaten is turning to body fat.

Obesity in Australia, the land of surfing and bushwalking, has more than doubled over the past two decades thanks in the main to sedentary lifestyles, a new medical survey reports.

The nationwide study of 11,247 people over the age of 25 found 39% were overweight and 20.8% obese - 2.5 times the levels found in the last comparable study in 1980.

National television broadcaster ABC reported the findings under the headline "'Bronzed Aussies no longer".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/3001315.stm

:scared:
Old May 6th 2003, 5:30 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Are you a Bloater then?
Old May 6th 2003, 5:32 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by paulf
Are you a Bloater then?
Put 2 stone on in 9 years here but thats age catching up and the beer intake.

Last edited by pommie bastard; May 6th 2003 at 5:36 am.
Old May 6th 2003, 5:35 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah know what you mean, lager and vindaloo has started to have it's affect on me too. in more ways than one
Old May 6th 2003, 5:51 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Sun , Sea and healthy life ?

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Having tried to watch Aussie telly I can understand why its now the land of the fat , get your junk food meal turn on the box 20 minutes later you are bored to the point of dropping off to sleep and bingo the crap that you have eaten is turning to body fat.

Obesity in Australia, the land of surfing and bushwalking, has more than doubled over the past two decades thanks in the main to sedentary lifestyles, a new medical survey reports.

The nationwide study of 11,247 people over the age of 25 found 39% were overweight and 20.8% obese - 2.5 times the levels found in the last comparable study in 1980.

National television broadcaster ABC reported the findings under the headline "'Bronzed Aussies no longer".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/3001315.stm

:scared:

I don't know about your area, but this fitness thing is a joke here. Most people here won't walk anywhere. If they can't pull up in their car - they don't go there. The most peaceful places are places which you need to walk/hike to, get away from the crowds.
And please someone tell these people here - wearing short skirts/dresses (I mean SHORT almost thigh length - show your knickers length) when you are twenty stone is not funny! the sights I see here - I must take my camera next time. My next door neighbour you'd laugh at too - he swans around the garden with his shirt off - and always looks to see if I'm admiring him - macho! He looks as if he's about 9 months pregnant - it's disgusting, no really it is - grotesque - it should be banned! he's about 47 , short and fat, but boy for some reason he seems I want to look at his fat pot! - Bl**dy pervert! I always look twice before I go into my garden to see if he's not around, he gives me the "Heebe geebies".

Not funny at all.

I do not know why Aus is perceived by outsiders as being slim and bronzed - they are second fattest nation in the world after America who is number one.
cheers

P.S I'm not having a go at overweight people (my mum is fat and I wouldn't swap her for the world - actually she would look funny if she was slim) - - if it was my mum wearing a mini skirt ( and I mean mini - really short) - I'd have a go at her too.

Last edited by Ceri; May 6th 2003 at 6:02 am.
Old May 6th 2003, 5:56 am
?????????

My next door neighbour you'd laugh at too - he swans around the garden with his shirt off - and always looks to see if I'm admiring him - macho! He looks as if he's about 9 months pregnant - it's disgusting, no really it is - grotesque - it should be banned! he's about 47 , short and fat, but boy for some reason he seems I want to look at his fat pot!
So you live next door to PB do ya.
Old May 6th 2003, 6:03 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by paulf
So you live next door to PB do ya.
Well if PB is like my neighbour - go on a diet for christ's sake! and stop taking off your shirt.
Old May 6th 2003, 6:07 am
?????????

LOL
Old May 6th 2003, 6:09 am
Banned

Originally posted by Ceri
Well if PB is like my neighbour - go on a diet for christ's sake! and stop taking off your shirt.
Never offend the ladies , keep me shirt on all the time never go topless me breasts could not compeat with you girls but they are growing its them additives in the food , must wash them out with more beer.

Old May 6th 2003, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Gareth W is on a distinguished road

Personally, I'm cultivating a look that allows me to enjoy the benefits of being both scrawny AND fat. Skinny white body, (tattooed of course) with a fat belly. So, yes folks, you CAN have the best of all worlds !