Sun Screen

Old Jul 9th 2004, 8:53 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sun Screen

Fussy I know, but the sun screen we like to put on our kids is simply called P20.
Tried several brands but this is best for them.
Anyone know if this one is available in oz and how much it costs there as it is very expensive here!
TIA

Andrew
Old Jul 10th 2004, 12:25 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sun Screen

Originally posted by andrew63
Fussy I know, but the sun screen we like to put on our kids is simply called P20.
Anyone know if this one is available in oz and how much it costs there as it is very expensive here!
TIA

Andrew

Cant say i have heard of this brand, but there are plenty 30+ sunscreens around all good. About $15 for a 1 litre bottle. Something you will have to use daily for at least 6 months of the year.

Siren's better half
Old Jul 10th 2004, 12:46 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

TIA

Andrew
I use it aswell so just looked on the Net, It lookslike you cant get it, I can only find places in the Uk that sell it, you can buy it on line at £50 for 3 bottles plus delivery charges, so not a bad price for over here but crazy when that works out at $125 for 3 bottles on sunscreen

Kala
Old Jul 10th 2004, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

You can buy it really cheaply from the cancer shops.
Old Jul 11th 2004, 11:18 am
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Larissa
You can buy it really cheaply from the cancer shops.
Cancer shops? Not sure I like the sound of those! A rich vein of sick satire to mine there, I think...
Old Jul 11th 2004, 11:23 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

TIA

Andrew
P20? Isnt that the stuff that needs to 'bind' to the skin for about an hour before exposure to sunlight?
Old Jul 11th 2004, 11:45 am
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by NedKelly63
P20? Isnt that the stuff that needs to 'bind' to the skin for about an hour before exposure to sunlight?
Yup. That's the one. Brilliant stuff, especially for kids. When we were in Fuerteventura earlier this year I'd put it on my son as soon as he got up in the morning. He'd then disappear to play after an hour and a half and I didn't have to worry about finding him a couple of hours later to re-apply cream. One application lasts all day. It's a bit smelly when you first apply it but that wears off. Thoroughly recommend it - it's cheaper on ebay
Old Jul 11th 2004, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

lee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nice

It's good stuff, but beware, my boys still got a bit burnt in Oz. Use it, but still cover up after a few hours at first. It's great on your face as it sinks right into your skin and doesn't make you feel like a greasy chip.

jane
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 10:24 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute
Default In Australia?

Thanks for all your replies - but can anyone verify that it can be brought at most shops in Australia (Brisbane)?

Thanks

Andrew
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In Australia?

Thanks for all your replies - but can anyone verify that it can be brought at most shops in Australia (Brisbane)?

Thanks

Andrew
Hi Andrew,

Spoken to mates and as far as they're aware you can't get in Brisbane. On the subject of sun screens, I went to oz from August to Oct last year and found it very difficult to get hold of any sunblock. Luckily I took some factor 50 (Banana Boat Baby Block) with me. Moving in 3 weeks with three kids ages 8, 7 and 5 (all very fair) so taking a job lot over with me in hand luggage! Good luck Annie
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Andrew
Hi Andrew,

Spoken to mates and as far as they're aware you can't get in Brisbane. On the subject of sun screens, I went to oz from August to Oct last year and found it very difficult to get hold of any sunblock. Luckily I took some factor 50 (Banana Boat Baby Block) with me. Moving in 3 weeks with three kids ages 8, 7 and 5 (all very fair) so taking a job lot over with me in hand luggage! Good luck Annie
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by glittababe
On the subject of sun screens, I went to oz from August to Oct last year and found it very difficult to get hold of any sunblock.
Difficult to find sunblock? Where did you look? Every chemist shop in every town has shelves full of the stuff. Every supermarket/department store/KMart/Big W/Target/corner shop stocks sunblock. Cancer council shops (in most large centres) stock almost nothing but sunblock. You even find it in souvenir shops and beach kiosks along with the ice-cream. Even my newsagent sells it!
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 10:44 am
ABCDiamond

Thanks

Andrew
To be sure of the answer, try ringing the company that supplies it to the shops:
Keyline Brands Ltd
Tel : (0208) 893 5333
Fax : (0208) 893 5139
(They are probably the manufacturer aswell as the trade distributor)

I'm not sure you will find it here. But if it is that good, maybe we should import it

Old Aug 2nd 2004, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by nickyc
Difficult to find sunblock? Where did you look? Every chemist shop in every town has shelves full of the stuff. Every supermarket/department store/KMart/Big W/Target/corner shop stocks sunblock. Cancer council shops (in most large centres) stock almost nothing but sunblock. You even find it in souvenir shops and beach kiosks along with the ice-cream. Even my newsagent sells it!
Nope seriously couldn't find any (well except for the ones with a SPF of 4!) When i asked my cousin he said "what do you want it for, its not summer?" To be on the safe side I'll take my job lot! I didn't even see a Cancer council shop! Mind you I was stuck on Hamilton island!
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

Foggies is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by NedKelly63

I discovered a drawback to P20 binding to your skin.............I'm very allergic to it and spent a very uncomfortable & itchy/blotchy 4-5 days in Spain whilst it "unbound" itself and got out of my system I did look particularly attractive covered in red itchy lumps for the majority of the holiday!!!!
As far as I can see this is the land of sun cream with a suitable one for everyone.
Having just filled in our tax returns we discovered that Mr Foggy can claim tax back against sun cream cos he's outside for some of his working day Good eh?

Claire

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.