sun creams

Old Apr 7th 2006, 4:55 pm
visa granted 16/5/06

soonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond repute
Default sun creams

Funny question, but does suncream cost a lot over in Oz, and what sorts can you buy, one of the only ones that I and my youngest can use is that P20 that you buy in duty free, (we are both very pale skinned)
thanks
Old Apr 7th 2006, 5:52 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sun creams

Originally Posted by soonbethere
Funny question, but does suncream cost a lot over in Oz, and what sorts can you buy, one of the only ones that I and my youngest can use is that P20 that you buy in duty free, (we are both very pale skinned)
thanks
Most people use at least 30+

It is generally cheaper in Australia.

G
Old Apr 7th 2006, 7:47 pm
visa granted 16/5/06

soonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Most people use at least 30+

It is generally cheaper in Australia.

G
cheers g
we were thinking as it is something that is needed daily,if it was as dear as it is in england,it would cost a fortune.
annettee
Old Apr 7th 2006, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
Supermarkets do own brand ones, as cheap as 1 litre for $12, I dont find it as effective (its watery), many people use it tho.

We use Banana Boat sensitive, thick cream that lasts 4 hours, 90g is about $8, thats a toothpaste size tube, does both kids for a week. Best I have found for people with sensitive skin.
Old Apr 7th 2006, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

fluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud of

Hi,

We have been here 9 months now and use 30+ from Big W. It is $26 for 2.5 litres and is the best we have found. It is not watery and lasts a few hours before having to be reapplied. It is also water resistant upto 3 hours. My daughter has sensative skin too and it has been fine with her.

Marie
xx
Old Apr 7th 2006, 11:08 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
My son (7yrs) gets up every morning and puts on 30+ before school. We have large pump action 30+ by the front door and we find that if we're heading for the beach a 'rash' vest (like the surfers wear) and a hat is also required.
The power of the sun is very different to the UK and needs to be respected. You just have to look at the skin of some older Australians to see the damage it can do over time. Unfortunatly cost doesn't come into the equation, just buy 30+.... you'll need it!

Neil.
Old Apr 7th 2006, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

As your still in the UK you should look out for the offers that places like Boots have ie 2 for 1 and things like that. We brought quite a bit over using the Boots points card that Kaz had.
Old Apr 8th 2006, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

g-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to all

thanks
suncream is as cheap as chips here factor30, 3 litres from bi-los just 10 dollars
Old Apr 8th 2006, 3:27 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

there is a colourless zinc on the market now which has to be good
Old Apr 8th 2006, 8:34 pm
visa granted 16/5/06

Originally Posted by sassenach
there is a colourless zinc on the market now which has to be good

Thanks for that info.. factor 30,, we are going to HAVE to educate our 16 yr old, she has olive skin, and loves it when people comment on her skin colour, so whenever we go away she always wants a tan, I can see her wanting the sunkissed look when we get there, she needs to learn that its sooo dangerous if your not careful,

I am scared of the sun, having very pale skin and getting bad sunstroke as a child, but madam is in a differnet league to me !!

Thanks again for that info
Old Apr 9th 2006, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

Mrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for that info.. factor 30,, we are going to HAVE to educate our 16 yr old, she has olive skin, and loves it when people comment on her skin colour, so whenever we go away she always wants a tan, I can see her wanting the sunkissed look when we get there, she needs to learn that its sooo dangerous if your not careful,

I am scared of the sun, having very pale skin and getting bad sunstroke as a child, but madam is in a differnet league to me !!

Thanks again for that info

Our son has olive skin colouring and he still gets a tan even with factor 30 on. Nicola
Old Apr 9th 2006, 5:52 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

My 2 sons (6 and 9) have a real healthy glow. They always use factor 30 and have even got used to putting it on each other before they get in the pool! In the year we have been here they have never had sunburn. My sister who is a sun goddess came out over summer, she would normally use factor 2 oil on holiday, but I advised her to use our factor 30. She still went home with a tan but without burning.
If you see it cheap in the UK, buy it, but don't worry if not cos it's cheap over here anyway. To be honest I don't sunbathe like I thought I would over here. Annual 2 weeks in Spain and you sunbathe all day, every day because you know it may be all you are going to get for the year! I take the sun for granted now and apart from the inital first couple of weeks, very rarely sunbathe now. May lie on the sunlounger for an hour while the kids are in the pool or sit in the sun whilst eating a meal.

Tracey
Old Apr 9th 2006, 6:19 am
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tracey brien
My 2 sons (6 and 9) have a real healthy glow. They always use factor 30 and have even got used to putting it on each other before they get in the pool! In the year we have been here they have never had sunburn. My sister who is a sun goddess came out over summer, she would normally use factor 2 oil on holiday, but I advised her to use our factor 30. She still went home with a tan but without burning.
If you see it cheap in the UK, buy it, but don't worry if not cos it's cheap over here anyway. To be honest I don't sunbathe like I thought I would over here. Annual 2 weeks in Spain and you sunbathe all day, every day because you know it may be all you are going to get for the year! I take the sun for granted now and apart from the inital first couple of weeks, very rarely sunbathe now. May lie on the sunlounger for an hour while the kids are in the pool or sit in the sun whilst eating a meal.

Tracey

Same here Tracey. We used to be sun worshippers on holiday in the Med or Carib, soaking it all up as much as we could.

Here, we look for shade after an hour or so.....not once have we burnt, even our littlest who is very prone.

Even a day like today in NSW, it was chilly with the wind but you could feel the power of the sun after 5 minutes. We slap on 'Banana Boat' - found it to be the best.

HTH
Old Apr 9th 2006, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Does anyone in Sydney know where you can get high factors such as 40 & 50 from I have only seen 30+ and I burn with that.
Old Apr 9th 2006, 7:53 am
sunshinesarah

sunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud of

I use that colourless zinc on my nose. It;s the first place to burn and my dad recently had a cancerous lump removed from his nose (and he lives in England) so I'm paranoid. The zinc is so good - lasts all day.

Cream wise I reckon the Coles own brand Persona is good value. Factor 30 plus and is around $5 for a medium bottle. Lasts for hours and is good in water.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.