Reload this Page >

Suggestions for Sydney Suburbs?

Suggestions for Sydney Suburbs?

Old Apr 5th 2007, 5:39 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Suggestions for Sydney Suburbs?

Ok I know there is a similar thread running but I know very little about Sydney
except there may be an opportunity for my husband in Sydney.
What suburbs do you recommend? bearing in mind we'd like competitive housing prices, reasonable size back garden for the kids and fairly nice or wonderful areas

Not asking too much I know and it's only a maybe at the moment.
We've been out to Melbourne and thats where we thought we might be going but we feel relationswith the company may be up in the air?
So we thought it wouldnt hurt to look at this job opportunity in Sydney.

Thanks

Jen
Old Apr 6th 2007, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future
Default Re: Suggestions for Sydney Suburbs?

I would love to recommend the Northern Beaches .Great area.
There is a term used here ,people call this area the insular peninsular, and it is very true.Wife has probably only been south of the spit bridge (a bridge sort of separating the northern beaches from the rest of Sydney) a dozen times in 18 months. It's that good.

However you pay a whole lot more money to live here than in the western suburbs. We settled here initially because of family and now wouldn't move. Dural, St Ives , Chatswood Terry Hills pretty good. But as with everywhere UK or Aus, nicer areas cost more. Very much depends on where you are working, what you want from schools ,nightlife etc. Northern beaches don't have the best links to the CBD.(however if you live in Manly you can get the ferry to the middle of the city ,which is pretty cool. Saying that Manly is Very expencive) .

If there is any other information you are after please ask.

Alex
Old Apr 6th 2007, 6:17 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ali south
I would love to recommend the Northern Beaches .Great area.
There is a term used here ,people call this area the insular peninsular, and it is very true.Wife has probably only been south of the spit bridge (a bridge sort of separating the northern beaches from the rest of Sydney) a dozen times in 18 months. It's that good.

However you pay a whole lot more money to live here than in the western suburbs. We settled here initially because of family and now wouldn't move. Dural, St Ives , Chatswood Terry Hills pretty good. But as with everywhere UK or Aus, nicer areas cost more. Very much depends on where you are working, what you want from schools ,nightlife etc. Northern beaches don't have the best links to the CBD.(however if you live in Manly you can get the ferry to the middle of the city ,which is pretty cool. Saying that Manly is Very expencive) .

If there is any other information you are after please ask.

Alex
Thanks Alex will check those out

Jen
Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud of

Hi Jen

It really depends on your individual family needs, place of work (I'm assuming Sydney CBD?) and your budget, either for renting or buying.

I live in the Hills District, about 30km from Sydney, but it takes 30mins to drive in now, thanks to the newly built and opened wonderful Lane Cove tunnel. Sydney is such a huge place, so give us some more information about what you want and how much you can spend, and I'll be happy to help.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 12:22 am
Banned

007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JenJen
Ok I know there is a similar thread running but I know very little about Sydney
except there may be an opportunity for my husband in Sydney.
What suburbs do you recommend? bearing in mind we'd like competitive housing prices, reasonable size back garden for the kids and fairly nice or wonderful areas

Not asking too much I know and it's only a maybe at the moment.
We've been out to Melbourne and thats where we thought we might be going but we feel relationswith the company may be up in the air?
So we thought it wouldnt hurt to look at this job opportunity in Sydney.

Thanks

Jen
I would seriously try and work something out with the Melbourne mob.

Melbourne shits all over Sydney.

Most people I know who live in Sydney are either planning their exit strategy or are just plain miserable.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Jen Jen

If you read other posts by 007, you will find he has a real axe to grind with Sydney, so take his comments with a pinch of salt.

Sydney is a fab place to live. I second what others have said about the Hills district. It's cheaper than the northern beaches and is great for families.

Good luck with whatever you do.

Rudi
x
Old Apr 12th 2007, 10:15 am
Banned

007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rudi
Jen Jen

If you read other posts by 007, you will find he has a real axe to grind with Sydney, so take his comments with a pinch of salt.

Sydney is a fab place to live. I second what others have said about the Hills district. It's cheaper than the northern beaches and is great for families.

Good luck with whatever you do.

Rudi
x

Time will tell.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 10:42 am
Account Closed

Right o guys. please don'y argue over it
Old Apr 12th 2007, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

emmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jacque
Hi Jen

It really depends on your individual family needs, place of work (I'm assuming Sydney CBD?) and your budget, either for renting or buying.

I live in the Hills District, about 30km from Sydney, but it takes 30mins to drive in now, thanks to the newly built and opened wonderful Lane Cove tunnel. Sydney is such a huge place, so give us some more information about what you want and how much you can spend, and I'll be happy to help.
Sorry to but in, but could you please give the names of a few nice family friendly suburbs in the Hills area. Thanks.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

hubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nice

Eastern suburbs are great - good schools, low crime, easy access to CBD, good public transport links, near some great beaches and parks, cafes and restaurants on your doorstep, lots of different architecture. Try doing a search on Paddington, Woolhara, Centennial Park, Vaucluse, Bondi, Bronte and see what you come up with.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 10:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hubbard
Eastern suburbs are great - good schools, low crime, easy access to CBD, good public transport links, near some great beaches and parks, cafes and restaurants on your doorstep, lots of different architecture. Try doing a search on Paddington, Woolhara, Centennial Park, Vaucluse, Bondi, Bronte and see what you come up with.
And also ensure that you come with access to a million dollar mortgage!!
Old Apr 12th 2007, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by emmo
Sorry to but in, but could you please give the names of a few nice family friendly suburbs in the Hills area. Thanks.
Sure
Castle Hill, Baulkham Hills, Winston Hills, Kellyville (parts I don't like due to the ugly housing estates but each to their own out there!), Cherrybrook, West Pennant Hills, Glenhaven, Kenthurst, Dural (these last two are rural, however, and so may be too far from CBD for your liking), North Rocks.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 11:32 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
And also ensure that you come with access to a million dollar mortgage!!
Vaucluse...? Better make that $5m...!
Old Apr 13th 2007, 5:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rodders39
Vaucluse...? Better make that $5m...!
LOL - Agree....I was thinking Clovelly way
Old Apr 13th 2007, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

Originally Posted by 007

Time will tell.
We've been here in Sydney for over 2 years, just bought here and love it....It doesn't work for everyone, but then Melbourne doesn't do it for me either.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.