Reload this Page >

Suggestion regarding Posting

Suggestion regarding Posting

Old Apr 10th 2005, 3:05 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Suggestion regarding Posting

Originally Posted by andy thomas
Dont change what isnt broke
<..> If not and you need to ask the question then just ask.
Andy
But make sure your thread title mentions your question or people who don't look at ALL the threads won't see your question

Old Apr 10th 2005, 3:35 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
One lot of people are too lazy to follow rules about thread titles, the other lot of people are too lazy to search previous threads.
And the last lot are daft enough to keep answering the same "where's the best place to live in Brisbane/Perth/Melb/Adelaide/Sydney" threads over & over ad naseum .

I dont think you will ever be able to force people to use the search facility all the time, just as you can't dictate what people can & cant put in their thread titles, but I'm with ABC (& Pandy in principle), please try to make the thread titles reflect the question otherwise some of us who dont have time to read every thread wont even bother to read it.

And lets face it - the goal of asking a question on this board is to get the most peoples opinions/experiences that we can. (Or even just one valid one )
Old Apr 10th 2005, 9:07 am
A New Day at Mid-Night...

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice
Wink Re: Suggestion regarding Posting

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
And the last lot are daft enough to keep answering the same "where's the best place to live in Brisbane/Perth/Melb/Adelaide/Sydney" threads over & over ad naseum .

I dont think you will ever be able to force people to use the search facility all the time, just as you can't dictate what people can & cant put in their thread titles, but I'm with ABC (& Pandy in principle), please try to make the thread titles reflect the question otherwise some of us who dont have time to read every thread wont even bother to read it.

And lets face it - the goal of asking a question on this board is to get the most peoples opinions/experiences that we can. (Or even just one valid one )
Thanks for understand us Ms Dagboy.
Ok lets put so eg. How many times we hit the "ToDo list before and after coming to Oz" question....???
I think 3 times myself. And all the redirection was made to the older threads.
This itself is ok for the person who starts the thread or silly question to force him to search and feel of guilt of asking stupid question.
Our task is to ask them to go search since the ans is already answered. Thats how the other will know to do it first and then ask.
We dont want to force but they have to do some homework, before raising a question or doubt. We are here to facilited them and get facilitated. Lets make the help not so cheap...
Old Apr 10th 2005, 9:49 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pandya_m
Thanks for understand us Ms Dagboy.
Ok lets put so eg. How many times we hit the "ToDo list before and after coming to Oz" question....???
I think 3 times myself. And all the redirection was made to the older threads.
This itself is ok for the person who starts the thread or silly question to force him to search and feel of guilt of asking stupid question.
Our task is to ask them to go search since the ans is already answered. Thats how the other will know to do it first and then ask.
We dont want to force but they have to do some homework, before raising a question or doubt. We are here to facilited them and get facilitated. Lets make the help not so cheap...
Well i'm lost

If you are saying that we should word a thread title so that it facilitates a searcher to be able to find something that has been posted already, then i agree in principle. (eg, stuff to do MELBOURNE or living in SYDNEY etc is easy)

However stuff changes all the time so the banking question, although it has been asked at least 100 million times i learnt something the time before last when someone posted a link to bank west 6% rate. These questions are viable Australia wide.

Everyone has a right to ask whatever they want, its up to the person replying weather they take the time to post the link to HSBC, DIMIA etc etc for the 50th time

I open most things, skim them and if i have the patience to answer i do, if not i don't. Simple really. The board has been a valuable source of info for me since i joined and it will only continue to be so if people bother to ask stuff and reply to stuff. Its a forum, surely thats how it works
Old Apr 10th 2005, 10:26 am

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice
Lightbulb Re: Suggestion regarding Posting

Originally Posted by hevs
Well i'm lost

If you are saying that we should word a thread title so that it facilitates a searcher to be able to find something that has been posted already, then i agree in principle. (eg, stuff to do MELBOURNE or living in SYDNEY etc is easy)

However stuff changes all the time so the banking question, although it has been asked at least 100 million times i learnt something the time before last when someone posted a link to bank west 6% rate. These questions are viable Australia wide.

Everyone has a right to ask whatever they want, its up to the person replying weather they take the time to post the link to HSBC, DIMIA etc etc for the 50th time

I open most things, skim them and if i have the patience to answer i do, if not i don't. Simple really. The board has been a valuable source of info for me since i joined and it will only continue to be so if people bother to ask stuff and reply to stuff. Its a forum, surely thats how it works
Ok let put it that way.
Bank works with govt guidlines so with minor changes in policy it will be gereric to all the 6 states across. Talking about the banking norms across Oz.

Now if one wants to aks specific question about SYDNEYrinking water Purification. That makes sense in putting subject line with the name of city/state.

If the query does not reflect pertaining to state then its obviouly gereric and no need to put the state. But yes the question about bank can go like this.
BANK: Cheaper tansfer/
BANK: Higher Interest

Again if more feedbacks are added to the thread other than Transfer or Interest thats all knowlege around the issue. Its always better to have 120% then 100% of the matter...
Hope this clarifies..
Old Apr 10th 2005, 10:28 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm still waiting for you to return my karma...
Old Apr 10th 2005, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by bridiej
I'm still waiting for you to return my karma...
Not me I havent commited you anything hey...
Old Apr 10th 2005, 10:34 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Again if more feedbacks are added to the thread other than Transfer or Interest thats all knowlege around the issue. Its always better to have 120% then 100% of the matter...
Hope this clarifies..
so................. Are you our newest moderator then
Old Apr 10th 2005, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Jamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really nice

Ok let put it that way.
Bank works with govt guidlines so with minor changes in policy it will be gereric to all the 6 states across. Talking about the banking norms across Oz.

Now if one wants to aks specific question about SYDNEYrinking water Purification. That makes sense in putting subject line with the name of city/state.

If the query does not reflect pertaining to state then its obviouly gereric and no need to put the state. But yes the question about bank can go like this.
BANK: Cheaper tansfer/
BANK: Higher Interest

Hope this clarifies..
The general consensus seems to be that everyone (myself included) is happy the way things are.

Stop meddling.

Old Apr 10th 2005, 10:36 am

Talking Re: Suggestion regarding Posting

who me...
Not me
Sue is the one.. ask her...she has lots of blue stars she can give you some
Old Apr 10th 2005, 10:42 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Me thinks it's a wind up hevs

I'd even go as far as to say this is a poster who's posting under a different name

Ooooo armchair theatre is soooo much fun

Someone pass the popcorn please

Old Apr 10th 2005, 10:45 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Not me I havent commited you anything hey...
I gave you some on Friday, the idea is to return it!
Old Apr 10th 2005, 11:09 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Me thinks it's a wind up hevs

I'd even go as far as to say this is a poster who's posting under a different name

Ooooo armchair theatre is soooo much fun

Someone pass the popcorn please
You reckon?? Who? tell me who and i'll bloody slap 'em
Old Apr 10th 2005, 11:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
I gave you some on Friday, the idea is to return it!
Is it? I thought the idea was you gave Karma when you thought the poster/person deserved it, and expected nothing in return?

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 10th 2005, 11:15 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

You reckon?? Who? tell me who and i'll bloody slap 'em
Okay, I own up....tis me

Now, will you slap me, when ? go on, when will you slap me ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.