Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Suggestion regarding Posting

Suggestion regarding Posting

Old Apr 8th 2005, 12:51 pm
A New Day at Mid-Night...

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice
Lightbulb Suggestion regarding Posting

Hello Folks,
I been hitting the forum since few weeks no more... now..
But always it made to search and research to get my data out of those threads.
Can we facilitate the search?
I think we can do some help to all and newbies by putting appropirate subject line and with proper emotions. Like:
Moving: To Sydney: From Manchester: Cheaper Airtravel
Melbourne: Cheaper way to commute
Oz: Bank Question: TCs or AUDs
etc etc

the one decent I saw was the Broadband/dial up subject line...and it was too good to refer everytime I think of internet access...

Its a suggestion and request to put short and proper subject line so that its helps in search and we dont get new thread every day...
Old Apr 8th 2005, 1:23 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Suggestion regarding Posting

These sorts of suggestions have been made before and whilst they are a brilliant idea and would make life much easier nobody every seems to follow the suggestion...
Old Apr 8th 2005, 1:28 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pandya_m
Its a suggestion and request to put short and proper subject line so that its helps in search and we dont get new thread every day...
I disagree. Without new threads everyday the board would die.

Telling people how to word a thread title is a kind of censorship. This could make people who were nervous about asking a question never ask it for fear of being "told off"
Old Apr 8th 2005, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really nice

Originally Posted by hevs
I disagree. Without new threads everyday the board would die.

Telling people how to word a thread title is a kind of censorship. This could make people who were nervous about asking a question never ask it for fear of being "told off"
I agree Hevs. The last thing you want is for the board to die. I wish I had found this forum a year ago. Fine the way it is. Surfing would be boring if you found everything on your first search.
Old Apr 8th 2005, 1:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Folks,
I been hitting the forum since few weeks no more... now..
But always it made to search and research to get my data out of those threads.
Can we facilitate the search?
I think we can do some help to all and newbies by putting appropirate subject line and with proper emotions. Like:
Moving: To Sydney: From Manchester: Cheaper Airtravel
Melbourne: Cheaper way to commute
Oz: Bank Question: TCs or AUDs
etc etc

the one decent I saw was the Broadband/dial up subject line...and it was too good to refer everytime I think of internet access...

Fine idea, but its not how the psychology of this forum works.

It took me a while to understand as well. People ask the same questions over and over again, and the regulars just post the links to the best threads to answer their query over and over again.

I understand your frustration, but I'm afraid its human nature. One lot of people are too lazy to follow rules about thread titles, the other lot of people are too lazy to search previous threads.

C'est la vie,

JTL
Old Apr 8th 2005, 1:59 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

New threads everyday are good but I do agree that sometimes the subject lines could be a bit more informative...
Old Apr 8th 2005, 2:47 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Suggestion regarding Posting

Originally Posted by bridiej
New threads everyday are good but I do agree that sometimes the subject lines could be a bit more informative...
I agree with subject line being better. It seems people post a cryptic line to encourage others to read it, and it works too.

You do need new threads too as things are changing constantly and its probably the best way to keep up to date with everything. There is nothing worse than reading an old thread. The other day someone revived one from 2003, the people at the end of it did not realise and were asking them things that are not relevant anymore.

Anyways, it passes the time...

R.
Old Apr 8th 2005, 3:17 pm
A New Day at Mid-Night...

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Suggestion regarding Posting

Originally Posted by Carruss
I agree with subject line being better. It seems people post a cryptic line to encourage others to read it, and it works too.

You do need new threads too as things are changing constantly and its probably the best way to keep up to date with everything. There is nothing worse than reading an old thread. The other day someone revived one from 2003, the people at the end of it did not realise and were asking them things that are not relevant anymore.

Anyways, it passes the time...

R.
My issue is with the time.. It apasses time..those are time wasters... if we laid down some rules then its easy to play within. Else people will make their own rules.
Of course mine is suggestion, its upto us how we laid those rules..
Old Apr 8th 2005, 3:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

My issue is with the time.. It apasses time..those are time wasters... if we laid down some rules then its easy to play within. Else people will make their own rules.
It also helps to check the dynamic of a forum before suggesting changes,

I'm trying to be subtle,

JTL
Old Apr 8th 2005, 3:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm trying to be subtle,

JTL
Old Apr 10th 2005, 1:44 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad

I'm trying to be subtle,

JTL
I'm proud of you mate
(ha!! you didn't kill this thread at least )
Old Apr 10th 2005, 1:48 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by JackTheLad

I'm trying to be subtle,

JTL
Lol.....not that bloody subtle.....he probably heard you first time

Old Apr 10th 2005, 1:50 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Lol.....not that bloody subtle.....he probably heard you first time
PMSL
Old Apr 10th 2005, 1:53 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by hevs
PMSL
Aye...he might be daft.....but he aint deaf...lol

[only kidding Pm ]

Old Apr 10th 2005, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

Dont change what isnt broke

If you want to know something search for it, the search facility picks up on the content of the threads and not just the titles so you can always find what you want no matter what title it is under. If not and you need to ask the question then just ask.

Andy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.