Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sugestions for family on Central Coast NSW

Sugestions for family on Central Coast NSW

Old Apr 8th 2007, 8:38 pm
UK to Brissy - August 07

smoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nice
Default Sugestions for family on Central Coast NSW

Hi There

Could anyone suggest somewhere nice on the Central Coast for a family. OH has to travel to the CBD, is this doable. He currently commutes into London so is use to the drive but a reduction in drive time would be nice, at present it can be between 1-3 hr one way.

Any info would be great, kids are of school age so schooling is also an important factor.

Cheers
Old Apr 9th 2007, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sugestions for family on Central Coast NSW

Originally Posted by smoggieswilltravel
Hi There

Could anyone suggest somewhere nice on the Central Coast for a family. OH has to travel to the CBD, is this doable. He currently commutes into London so is use to the drive but a reduction in drive time would be nice, at present it can be between 1-3 hr one way.

Any info would be great, kids are of school age so schooling is also an important factor.

Cheers
All of the Central Coast is nice and totally suited to families.

Half the population up there travels to Sydney for work so it's certainly do-able - if rather a long commute. Most people take the train rather than drive. I've known a few people who live up there and they all said they're happy to suffer the commute because the weekends are so fantastic.

The older suburbs are those closest to Sydney and they're more expensive than the newer suburbs further away. So much like Sydney itself, the longer your commute is, the cheaper your house.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:14 am
UK to Brissy - August 07

smoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nice

Originally Posted by NickyC
All of the Central Coast is nice and totally suited to families.

Half the population up there travels to Sydney for work so it's certainly do-able - if rather a long commute. Most people take the train rather than drive. I've known a few people who live up there and they all said they're happy to suffer the commute because the weekends are so fantastic.

The older suburbs are those closest to Sydney and they're more expensive than the newer suburbs further away. So much like Sydney itself, the longer your commute is, the cheaper your house.
Thanks for that, I'll check out the property prices.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smoggieswilltravel
Thanks for that, I'll check out the property prices.
I live in Umina which some people dont like, but we do and we are a quick 5 min walk to beach. Woy Woy is 5 min drive from here and this is where the train station is. Hubby used to commute to central and it takes about an hour 10 mins on the fast train. Trains are very regular rush hour and half hourly during day. Terrigal and Avoca are popular with expats but for us it was just that bit to far away. Hubby now drives to North Ryde as there are no trains to that are yet and it takes him an hour but not in rush hour. House prices where I live are around $500-600k for a 4+ bedroom with/without pool depending on style and location. Ours was an older style hardiplank (which we never invisaged looking at or buying) which was lovely inside and we have 5 beds, 3 bath + extra toilet, pool and 2 lounges at a cost of $480k.

Jo
Old Apr 9th 2007, 10:45 am
UK to Brissy - August 07

Originally Posted by joho
I live in Umina which some people dont like, but we do and we are a quick 5 min walk to beach. Woy Woy is 5 min drive from here and this is where the train station is. Hubby used to commute to central and it takes about an hour 10 mins on the fast train. Trains are very regular rush hour and half hourly during day. Terrigal and Avoca are popular with expats but for us it was just that bit to far away. Hubby now drives to North Ryde as there are no trains to that are yet and it takes him an hour but not in rush hour. House prices where I live are around $500-600k for a 4+ bedroom with/without pool depending on style and location. Ours was an older style hardiplank (which we never invisaged looking at or buying) which was lovely inside and we have 5 beds, 3 bath + extra toilet, pool and 2 lounges at a cost of $480k.

Jo
Hi Joho

Thanks for the information, we keep receiving quite differing information on travel times to the CBD. But I guess if we look a the central coast then we'll have to check the drive or train our selves. The area really looks nice and a mixture of beach and bush which what we're looking for.

Many thanks