Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sucessfully (I think) Emigrated on £5,000

Wikiposts

Sucessfully (I think) Emigrated on £5,000

Old May 19th 2005, 2:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sucessfully (I think) Emigrated on £5,000

Originally Posted by wholeworldwindow
Thanks for that Louise. Well done yourself and to all who give it a shot with no safety net. There must be others that, through no choice, have to come back to UK, as it's harder than we had thought to get work here. But then again I guess that depends on what you do. I have no work experience in those areas where jobs are abundant, but I'm also underqualified for some of the jobs I did in UK as here things seem to be more qualification based.

Hey, hey. Guess what I've just seen
Lecturer in Film and Television Studies

The School of English, Media Studies and Art History wishes to appoint a full time continuing Lecturer in film and television studies. The School is a large research-intensive unit with an international reputation in Art History, Australian Studies, Communication, Media and Cultural Studies (including film and television studies), Creative and Professional Writing, Drama, Linguistics, Literary Studies and Women's Studies. Within the area of Communication and Cultural Studies the School offers undergraduate majors in Film and Television, Media Studies, and Communication and Cultural Studies.

In the role of Lecturer in Film and Television Studies, you will be expected to convene courses and teach into the Film and Television studies major as well other areas within Communication and Cultural Studies. You will also be required to undertake research and supervise research students and carry out administrative duties within the School.

You should possess a PhD in film and television studies or a related field and be able to show evidence of successful teaching, administration, research and publication in the area.

This is a continuing, full-time appointment at Academic Level B. The remuneration package will be in the range of $69,895 to $83,000 per annum, including employer superannuation contributions of 17%. Applicants must be able to commence duties with the University in early 2006.

Obtain the position description and selection

http://seek.com.au/users/apply/index...4156&Keywords=

What d'ya think?
Old May 19th 2005, 10:44 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that Sue, that was a very kind gesture. I had seen this job and called to find out more about it. 2 things, it is apparently a role that delves greatly into the research and analasis side of film and tv - I have only previously taught practical video production! Also you need a PHD - I only have a degree equivalent! Thanks again for this though, how very thoughtfull. I was a visiting lecturer that taught 1st, 2nd and 3rd years Practical Video Production on Media Studies and Communication Courses. i.e - basics to intermediate production based around hard/soft news themes, to tie in with journalism and photography. See all my other jobs were very spesific too! (Video Youth Worker, 1st AD, ran my own environmentally friendly Nappy Laundry service, plus small corporate stuff with my hubby who was a cameraman). Although we came with no cash - we do have around 10 grand worth of video equiptment, so I'm looking into self employment too! Seems you need so many licences to run a business here - lots of research to do though. Only barrier really is not having funds to market a small business yet. There seems to be very little here to support small businesses - and being a migrant we get very little help from job centres as it seems to have to be on the dole to get any help.
Old May 19th 2005, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

Dant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud of

An inspirational thread! My wife and I moved to the US (I know, I know, wrong continent!) with barely a $1000 tax rebate in our pockets. Everyone said it was impossible and we were fools, but it really can work out. Your family's bravery and willingness to go all out to achieve a dream is commendable and makes for a refreshing antidote to all those WITH money who continue to moan! With your attitude I'm sure you'll not have to search for work for long, and I hope everything prooves successful for you in the future.