Reload this Page >

Suburbs in Perth

Suburbs in Perth

Old Dec 5th 2007, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

therobertsons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Suburbs in Perth

Hi There,

Can anyone advise on any nice suburbs to live in Perth, within resonable travelling distance from central Perth..there are just soo many we don't know where to start!

Thanks
Old Dec 5th 2007, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all
Default Re: Suburbs in Perth

I would be interested to hear replys about this too, especially in areas with good secondary schhols.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

fryertuck is an unknown quantity at this point

Me to!! As we are hopefully coming to Perth someytime next year!!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fryertuck
Me to!! As we are hopefully coming to Perth someytime next year!!
Hi Guys,

Im heading for Armadale which i know has been snubbed for being rough but its where my sister lives and that is where we gonna start out.

But would like to suggest you have a look at the settling in perth thread and see where people have moved to and maybe ask them, they have a list there so you can see where most people are heading for or already there.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469263

Hope this helps

Last edited by mum01753; Dec 5th 2007 at 4:33 pm. Reason: added link to thread
Old Dec 5th 2007, 4:43 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by therobertsons
Hi There,

Can anyone advise on any nice suburbs to live in Perth, within resonable travelling distance from central Perth..there are just soo many we don't know where to start!

Thanks
Yes there is a lot. Mostly comes down to the price of house or rent. So maybe give a budget, then can give you an idea of areas.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

debbies is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There,

Thanks
To some extent it will depend upon what you want, how much you want to spend and what you consider 'nice'. If - by nice - you mean generally crime free, tidy, near good schools etc then - as a rule of thumb, the nearer the sea you are the better. I live North of the River (in Churchlands) so know more about those suburbs than South. Another marker, is west io the Mitchell freeway tends to be 'nicer' than those east - but, again, this a gross genralisation and there are lots of lovely places over that way.

Personally - I would steer clear of Girrwaheen, and Balga and suburbs that way. There are still some lovely suburbs in that area so it is difficult to be specific.

The nearer Perth you go, the houses tend to be older, whereas those further North (and South) are newer suburbs so the houses are newer.ity

Houses in the Western suburbs (older, usually bigger blocks, about 10 to 15 mins drive from the central CBD, and access to many of the private schools and 'good' state schools) will probably cost in the range of $1000000 plus.

I would recommend Subiaco, City Beach, Cottesloe, Swanbourne Churchlands, and Floreat in that area. Suburbs of Dalkeith, Peppermint Grove are extremely expensive (but very lovely).

North of these suburbs - Trigg, Hillarys, North Beach, and any of those suburbs on the coast - and then further North Mullaloo, Ocean Reef and so on. These are all lovely, but cost upwards probably of $500000. Travel from Ocean Reef at peak hour time to the Perth CBD will probably take about 45 mins by car but there is a train link.

As far as my suburb is concerned - 5 mins drive to the beach, 10-15 mins in to work in the Perth, CBD. Generally large blocks (1/4 of an acre), a short ride by bike to a number of state and catholic school. We live on a large lake/nature reserve. Median house price is now just under $1000000.

Hope that helps - ask me more questions and I will try to help.

Debbie
Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

Debbie has fairly hit the nail on the head...you really need to rent some where short term and have a look around for whats right for you...we live in Forrestfield heading towards the hills...love it there...what put us off NOR was the size of plots.lots and lots of new builds..somebody once said on here"when they had a BBQ,might as well invited everyone" it was so close to each other and all had BBQ it was terrible... with the plot sizes from a little of 450 its easy to see why.

Steve
Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:50 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Iluka is nice. 5 mins to beach. All new houses, reasonable size blocks no "hillbilly" families who moved there 10/15 years ago when it was dirt cheap. Median price around $850k.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:16 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi There,

Thanks

We are in Carramar. Its one on the newer burbs, about 15/20 minutes from the beach and 50min drive to the city. We are close to both Currambine and Joondalup stations, Joondalup Lakeside for shopping.

There are 2 good primary schools, Carramar and Tapping Primary Schools and a private one - St Stephens that also has a High school.

By the end of next year we will have a small shopping centre, which will have a Woolworth’s and also hopefully a family Tavern/Restaurant.

Some useful links:

http://www2.ststephens.wa.edu.au/

http://www.carramarps.det.wa.edu.au/index.htm

http://www.peet.com.au/land-estates/...estate-D14.asp

http://www.carramarestate.com.au/

http://www.carramar.org.au/

http://reiwa.com/

http://www.realestate.com.au/

Lots of people who come to Perth do find it very quiet. If you like lots of pubs and clubs and to shop till you drop you may need to think about living near the city and closer to trains and buses

Hope this info helps

Sam
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Connolly also is very nice. Good size blocks and short distance to train station.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:48 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manc1
Connolly also is very nice. Good size blocks and short distance to train station.
I second that but I would cos I live here!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I second that but I would cos I live here!

Sold our house there for $200,000 5/6yrs later it was worth $750,000
Old Dec 5th 2007, 11:44 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manc1
Sold our house there for $200,000 5/6yrs later it was worth $750,000
yeah 2 in our street at the mo on the cheaper side of connolly for 639 and 699
Old Dec 6th 2007, 1:04 am
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

Hi There,

Thanks
What's your budget and what do you call 'reasonable travelling distance?'
Old Dec 6th 2007, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by renth
Iluka is nice. 5 mins to beach. All new houses, reasonable size blocks no "hillbilly" families who moved there 10/15 years ago when it was dirt cheap. Median price around $850k.
Bit of a hike to the CBD though... best thing is to write what your priorities are and then see which 'burbs fit the bill, someone told me that you could draw vertical lines down the Northern part of Perth, West of Mitchell freeway is generally nice, but pricey, between Mitchell and Wanneroo road is ok, less pricey and east of Wanneroo road there will be a lot of dodgy 'burbs... we looked at a lot of places and chosr the hills in the end, big blocks and houses for your money, the drive into work is ok (40 minutes) and it is a beautiful location.. Schools are apparently good too. There is also a really nice commnuial spirit that seemed to be lacking in the Nothern 'burbs but looks can be deceptive...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.