Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which Suburbs are nice near Rockingham, Perth

Which Suburbs are nice near Rockingham, Perth

Old Jun 10th 2006, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

carolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nice
Default Which Suburbs are nice near Rockingham, Perth

Hi Folks

Can anyone give some advice on nice suburbs near Rockingham, Perth.

Hubby offered a job in Rockingham today and we are coming over in July to have a wee look/see.

We have 2 kids (8 and 5) and are looking for a place with a good catholic school, shops nearby, doctor, hospital (am a nurse so looking for a job also).

Thanks folks

Carol x
Old Jun 10th 2006, 12:50 am
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which Suburbs are nice near Rockingham, Perth

Originally Posted by carolwilk34
Hi Folks

Hubby offered a job in Rockingham today and we are coming over in July to have a wee look/see.

We have 2 kids (8 and 5) and are looking for a place with a good catholic school, shops nearby, doctor, hospital (am a nurse so looking for a job also).

Thanks folks

Carol x
Hi Carol,, we stayed in Rockingham for the first 3 weeks of our stay and were fairly indifferent about it (visit the local mall to find out what the area's like ) However on the outskirts of Rockingham you've go the new Settlers Hills development and the Rivergums at Baldivis but apparently it's nigh on impossible to get blocks here. Going slightly south, there's a stack of building in and around Mandurah but you'll pay a premium to get in there, but by the same token any investment in Madurah at the mo' will make you a mint as it's going off big time mainly due to the rail link. There is allegedly a good catholic girls school near Yangebup 20km south of the cbd and there's still land available in and around Atwell, Aubin Grove, Thomsons Lakes which is a nice area and in close proxomity to the freeway,

Hope this helps

Dave
Old Jun 10th 2006, 12:57 am
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.emmanuel.wa.edu.au/

There you go.
Old Jun 10th 2006, 4:04 am
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

Hi Folks

Thanks folks

Carol x
Hi Carol, there is a boom in Rockingham at the moment, there is Rockingham Beach with the cafe strip on the beach. There is Palm Beach estate which is a new estate minutes walk to the beach. Point Peron is a nature reserve(that is what they call it) to my way of thinking it will be much better when it is turned into an inland marina and tourist precinct. There is Shoalwater Bay where there is penguin and seal islands then there is safety bay, Waikiki beach warnbro beach and port kennedy and further down the road is Secret Harbour. all with housing going inland. There are loads of doctors and two hospitals. there is catholic primary and college in Star of the Sea and Kolbe College. If you need anything else as I have lived in Rockingham for 12 years. also there is a major extension happening to the main shopping centre at the moment(expected to take two years) there is 5 shopping centres close by and commercial districts as well.If you are looking for accommodation check out our web page at www.cedarcottagewa.com There is also a TAFE (further education) and a university campus. Suzette
Old Jun 10th 2006, 5:32 am
Pet
Forum Regular

Pet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nice

Hi Carole, sorry can't help much with places in and around Rockingham, but for schools have a look here www.kolbe.wa.edu.au (my youngest daughter teaches there and she just loves her school)
Pauline
Old Jun 10th 2006, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

carolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nice

Thanks everyone for replying, it's l ike looking for a needle in a haystack at the moment.

Carol xx
Old Jun 10th 2006, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Darren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant future

To be honest, Rockingham looked like a dive and was the only place we didn't like in Perth but opinions vary (roadhouse)

Hi Folks

Thanks folks

Carol x[/QUOTE]
Old Jun 10th 2006, 2:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Rockingham rocks. I live here it's fab by me. We have bot stopped since we have been here.

Suzy are you coming to the coffee morn in Rockingham on Wed?

Wavy my mate I will ring you soon hun, I am in the process of breathing through my arse now whilst cartwheeling lol. Come on Wed morn if you want, would love to see you. I want to see your place anyway. See what you raving about lol

Just try Rockingham as a base you can always move hun

hugs Lace xxxxxx
Old Jun 10th 2006, 4:55 pm
Drifting back to earth

Originally Posted by lacey21
Rockingham rocks. I live here it's fab by me. We have bot stopped since we have been here.

Suzy are you coming to the coffee morn in Rockingham on Wed?

Wavy my mate I will ring you soon hun, I am in the process of breathing through my arse now whilst cartwheeling lol. Come on Wed morn if you want, would love to see you. I want to see your place anyway. See what you raving about lol

Just try Rockingham as a base you can always move hun

hugs Lace xxxxxx
Where are you guys meeting on weds Lace, I'll be working but I'm sure the wife may pop down or giz' a ring and we'll sort summat

Glad to hear you're well

Dave
Old Jun 10th 2006, 5:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

hi Dave just got your phone number from my server on the web. I'll give you a ring tomozz if you like other than that I think they are meeting at one of the cafe bars on the foreshore.

hugs to ya L x
Old Jun 10th 2006, 5:16 pm
Drifting back to earth

Originally Posted by lacey21
hi Dave just got your phone number from my server on the web. I'll give you a ring tomozz if you like other than that I think they are meeting at one of the cafe bars on the foreshore.

hugs to ya L x
I start work at 3 tomorrow and we're out in the morning but I'll keep the mobile close by!

You've got both numbers haven't you?
Old Jun 11th 2006, 12:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

think I have a moby, will have a check hun

L x
Old Jun 11th 2006, 4:01 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Folks

Thanks folks

Carol x
Hi Carol,

We're in Port Kennedy, south of Rockingham, and love it. Our 8yo goes to Endeavour Primary down at the south end of PK, and I'd highly recommend that school, but there is also a catholic school, St. Bernadette's, in PK. Not sure if Squeezii or Yvsie are reading and have any feedback, but I've heard that it's a very good school. Certainly PK is a lovely suburb to live.

HTH.

Sue
Old Jun 11th 2006, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Hi Sue

Port Kennedy is one of the options we will look at when we come out, have been looking at Endeavour Primary as well. OH's bas is rockingham so it's not too far from everywhere. Will told me you stayed at Cedar Cottage? When we come out with the kids we might consider renting for a while until we get settled in.

Carol
Old Jun 11th 2006, 10:26 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Wellard, Leda, Kwinana, Port Kennedy are all tipped as the place to invest, further south, Secret Harbour, Golden Bay and Madora. Further north Speerwood, Hamilton Hill and Coolbellup are rising in price.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.