Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Suburb guide - NSW?

Suburb guide - NSW?

Old Aug 20th 2008, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

Brentacc is just really niceBrentacc is just really niceBrentacc is just really niceBrentacc is just really niceBrentacc is just really niceBrentacc is just really niceBrentacc is just really niceBrentacc is just really niceBrentacc is just really nice
Default Suburb guide - NSW?

Dear All,

I have an excellent suburb quide for the gold coast and a lonely planet guide for Queensland which have been very eplful during my research.

However, thanks mainly to reading some comments on here we are now considering the suurbs of Sydney rather than the GC.

Are there any similar guides or websites that people would recommend to help us narrow own our parameters??

Thanks in adance and best regards,

Russell.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suburb guide - NSW?

You could try the Explorer Guide "Sydney - The Complete Residents' Guide". It cost £12.99 from Daunt Books in Marylebone. An overview of what you get is here - http://www.explorerpublishing.com/re...al-information. I'd recommend it.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

kunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nice

I found www.cityhobo.com quite helpful - although I think it only covers Sydney rather than all of NSW

hope thats helpful!
Old Aug 21st 2008, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Brentacc is just really niceBrentacc is just really niceBrentacc is just really niceBrentacc is just really niceBrentacc is just really niceBrentacc is just really niceBrentacc is just really niceBrentacc is just really niceBrentacc is just really nice

Thanks for those suggestions, will try both as I think I might have to start researching again from scratch!!

Best regards,

Russell.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

The Sydney Morning Herald published their "Good suburb guide" fairly recently. You can have a look at smhshop.com.au I had a flick through it recently and it's fairly brief and concise, but seems to be pretty accurate.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud of

Hi Russell

Are you looking at suburbs to rent or buy in?
It really depends on your personal preferences and budget!
Old Aug 26th 2008, 6:06 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kunjal and shamir
I found www.cityhobo.com quite helpful - although I think it only covers Sydney rather than all of NSW

hope thats helpful!
I found cityhobo quite good. But like all guides, doesn't beat getting out there and seeing for yourself!! The obvious start is look at the rental prices, low prices crap area, high prices good area!!
Crap doesn't necessarily mean deprived by the way, usually means not near the coast/river and poor transport links.