Which Suburb?

Old Nov 17th 2007, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

ballesteros is on a distinguished road
Default Which Suburb?

Hi,

Looking to make the big move to 'OZ' next year. I've been looking at where I would prefer to live (gosh there is hundreds) and I am wondering where people have chosen to live when they made the move. Of course its only personal preference, but which suburbs in which areas of Oz do you recommend and which would you not. Maybe this could turn into a guide for future migrants.

Old Nov 18th 2007, 1:33 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Which Suburb?

Originally Posted by ballesteros
Hi,

Looking to make the big move to 'OZ' next year. I've been looking at where I would prefer to live (gosh there is hundreds) and I am wondering where people have chosen to live when they made the move. Of course its only personal preference, but which suburbs in which areas of Oz do you recommend and which would you not. Maybe this could turn into a guide for future migrants.

We live in shailer park, south brissy, its great because you have the hyperdome down the street (20mins walk-2 mins car) which has all the shops, hardware, gym,food court, resturants and bars. Its also 20 mins to the city and 35 mins to surfers paradise- on a weekend that is. You are between the two so thats why we like it and only 3 mins to the pacific motorway but still cant hear any of the traffic. Hope this helps, Pete
Old Nov 18th 2007, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really nice

Hi,

Which state should come first surely?
Old Nov 18th 2007, 2:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Well I live in the national capital - Canberra - and it is as good as anywhere really. We dont have a beach right here but it isnt far away. We have excellent facilities, 4 seasons, reasonable employment prospects, the feeling of being in the country while in the middle of town. Yup, couldnt do better!
Old Nov 18th 2007, 2:30 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Sydney's Northern Beaches...
Old Nov 18th 2007, 5:58 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eastend Girl
Which state should come first surely?
I was thinking that and then maybe a city before you even start considering suburbs.

We live in quite a big place here lol.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 6:30 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pete jackson
We live in shailer park, south brissy, its great because you have the hyperdome down the street (20mins walk-2 mins car) which has all the shops, hardware, gym,food court, resturants and bars. Its also 20 mins to the city and 35 mins to surfers paradise- on a weekend that is. You are between the two so thats why we like it and only 3 mins to the pacific motorway but still cant hear any of the traffic. Hope this helps, Pete
OMG I thought you said "trailer park" and hippodrome. Thought you were being mischievous....sorry not meaning to offend, just my mind playing games.

But what is this hyperdome?

And how far is it now from Brisbane airport to Surfers? Its years since I last drove (pre 1987) and I need to meet up with my sister and her OH next year so will be sussing out accomodation etc around that area.

How far to wetnwild?
Old Nov 18th 2007, 6:32 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
OMG I thought you said "trailer park" and hippodrome. Thought you were being mischievous....sorry not meaning to offend, just my mind playing games.

And how far is it now from Brisbane airport to Surfers? Its years since I last drove (pre 1987) and I need to meet up with my sister and her OH next year so will be sussing out accomodation etc around that area.

How far to wetnwild?
http://www.hyperdomeshopping.com.au/
Old Nov 18th 2007, 7:10 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Thanks mate

Better hide that from the OH
Old Nov 18th 2007, 7:40 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent

How far to wetnwild?
The distance between the two hasn't changed You're looking at about just over an hour going south, slightly longer going north again. Wet n' wild is about the same length of time but is very slightly further north from Surfers.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

ballesteros is on a distinguished road

Thanks for taking the time to add your preferences, I really should have added I would prefer Brisbane as a 1st choice, I also fancy Adelaide as a 2nd choice. Obviously there's quite a difference between the two, therefore, I would appreciate as many opinions as I can get.

Thanks again.