Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Subsidised Non-Government Schools WA

Subsidised Non-Government Schools WA

Old Oct 19th 2011, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Lois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really nice
Default Subsidised Non-Government Schools WA

Hi, am i correct in thinking that you get some form of contribution to non-governement fees in WA? If so, can anyone give me a rough idea of what sort of contribution you can expect?

Thansk in advance !
Old Oct 19th 2011, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Subsidised Non-Government Schools WA

Originally Posted by Lois1
Hi, am i correct in thinking that you get some form of contribution to non-governement fees in WA? If so, can anyone give me a rough idea of what sort of contribution you can expect?

Thansk in advance !
- you pay to go to non-govt schools, have never heard of receiving payment to go there. Where did you hear this from?
Old Oct 19th 2011, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

Lois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really nice

Hi Helen TD,

Have been lookining at a website, www.wa.gov.au, and there is a link "non government education", which states "Are you looking for a school for your child? Would you like information on non-government schools? Click here for information including A Parents Guide, financial assistance to non-government schools, and much more."

But i cant open the link? Also, i thought someone i spoke with the other day, mentioned this too, but maybe i misunderstood?
Old Oct 19th 2011, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lois1
Hi Helen TD,

Have been lookining at a website, www.wa.gov.au, and there is a link "non government education", which states "Are you looking for a school for your child? Would you like information on non-government schools? Click here for information including A Parents Guide, financial assistance to non-government schools, and much more."

But i cant open the link? Also, i thought someone i spoke with the other day, mentioned this too, but maybe i misunderstood?
I couldn't open http://www.education.wa.gov.au/ either, looks like it's down and will have to try again tomorrow.

I found this site http://www.det.wa.edu.au/policies/de...ine-id-6921051 with the following info:

"SECONDARY ASSISTANCE SCHEME
The State Government, through the Department of Education, provides financial support to eligible parents through the Secondary Assistance Scheme. This assistance applies to both public and private schools.
1.1 ELIGIBILITY
1.1.1 YEARS OF SCHOOLING
Students must be enrolled in Years 8 to 12 studying a full-time secondary course.
Allowance is paid up to and including the year the student turns 18 years of age i.e. not eligible if born prior to 1992.
1.1.2 PARENTS/GUARDIAN CONCESSION CARD DETAILS
Claimant must hold one of the following cards which must be valid for a period of no less than 4 weeks:
􀁺 Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card.
􀁺 Centrelink Family Health Care Card:
Card holders must be Parent/Guardian using a family card only. Claims cannot be made by a parent using a student’s card (ie. student may hold a card for disability purposes) or by a parent quoting a student’s card number.
􀁺 Department of Veterans’ Affairs Pensioner Concession Card (Blue card only).
TPI and Gold Cards cannot be accepted as they are issued for Medical Benefit purposes only.
􀁺 Card held must be current some time in first term (1 February – 1 April 2010).
􀁺 For overseas applicants applying throughout the year, the card held must be current at time of application. Interstate applicant’s card must be valid some time in first term. Application for Secondary Assistance must be made within one month of the student enrolling at the school.
􀁺 Years 11 and 12 students will possibly not be listed on the parent/guardian concession card, however parent/guardian card must still be produced to prove eligibility.
􀁺 The parent/guardian card concession number must be noted on the application. The only exception to this is when a student holds their own healthcare card and has been declared independent by Centrelink e.g. Living Away from Home. In this instance, a letter of confirmation from Centrelink needs to accompany the application.
􀁺 Cheque is made to the parent/guardian. Cheque will be made payable to the student only if declared independent by Centrelink."

There was a link for other training, probably TAFE http://www.trainingwa.wa.gov.au/trai...detcms/portal/.