Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

This subject not discussed before (I think)

This subject not discussed before (I think)

Old Mar 5th 2004, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

DaisyNZ is on a distinguished road

But I would love to see the suit & nailgun thing, any chance of a pic
You must be joking, 12 yrs ago was the last time a suit came near our house, and it was hired!!!

along with an element of the 'power' thing it may represent.
A suit?? - I think the nail gun has an element of power!!!

we'll be talking about uniforms next
Ahh, now, this kiwi builder of mine did spend 8 years working for the Dept of Conservation - I must admit, that uniform was kinda cute!! but crap wife I am, it was never ironed, I think the guys in the ironed stuff got a bit of grief!!!
Old Mar 5th 2004, 6:42 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

In IT some minimum standards have to be set because some geeks and other types have no idea how to dress. Out come the stonewash jeans, tye dies tshirts and you get a fashion disaster zone. This is the same in the UK.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
LOL Daisy, what about his birthday suit with a nailgun in his hand?

I really only fancy Dagboy, some people might called it stalking, I like to think Im just obsessed

But I would love to see the suit & nailgun thing, any chance of a pic?
Hmmm.... there is something about Blim in a suit... but he's now dressing down at work and has grown a beard!
Anyway, my wealth of psychological knowledge (I'm qualified you see) makes me think that it could possibly be to do with >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>rather than any "power" thing.

Last edited by Larissa; Mar 5th 2004 at 8:17 am.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 7:02 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Daisy, I meant the birthday suit & the nailgun LOL .

Larissa, so what is my obsession about then? Like I said, even the sound of his shoes on hard floors conjures up images. . One of my fav pics is him in a suit.

As for the ironing, get him to do it, preferably naked. Ohh la la!
Old Mar 5th 2004, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

DaisyNZ is on a distinguished road

Mrs Dagboy !!!
Old Mar 5th 2004, 7:10 am
Badge

Originally posted by HUP
Nothing wrong with uniforms, just a pity I can't get H to wear one
now we're talking!! (Not about Hevs, but women in general).

I remember this 2nd Lieutenent I had who was young, 24, (I was 21) and she always had her hair tied up in a bun. One of the senior blokes - in his fifties - I think also used to sit right behind her occasionally glancing up, which I couldn't quite work out. A few months later, he told me he found a women's exposed neck between her hair and collar an extreme sensual delight....(!)

The three of us were working together on the night shift, on some job at that time, and I recall revelling in the fact that she had a pistol down her front - one night she got it out to show me - joy of joys - and we had a right old laugh(!) .

She ended up marrying a donkey walloper in the end a few years down the line IIRC.

Do like a nice pair of jodphurs too, HUP, as evidenced at the show last weekend.

badge

Old Mar 5th 2004, 7:13 am
Badge

he was wearing clothes that time I visited MrsD. I remember as I used the iron myself after he had finished with it.

Anyone got any more Aussie sartorial stories, or are we going to be confined to meandering off-topic?

Badge

Old Mar 5th 2004, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

For me, its not just hte suit, but also has to be a crisp white shirt. I drool when i see a guy take his jacket off to reveal big muscly arms under a white shirt. Even better if he has a trendy tie too...i get the urge to grab it (the tie i mean )
Old Mar 5th 2004, 7:25 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by badgersmount
he was wearing clothes that time I visited MrsD. I remember as I used the iron myself after he had finished with it.

Anyone got any more Aussie sartorial stories, or are we going to be confined to meandering off-topic?

Badge

You wouldnt expect him to be wandering around naked in front of a male houseguest would you Badge? Or a female one!

And since when did you become the off-topic police? We're still talking about clothes ... errrrrr ironing them, or lack of, take your pick

The next logical extention of the conversation is what shoes do you wear with your suit? Pair 54 or pair 196?
Old Mar 5th 2004, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

You wouldnt expect him to be wandering around naked in front of a male houseguest would you Badge? Or a female one!

And since when did you become the off-topic police? We're still talking about clothes ... errrrrr ironing them, or lack of, take your pick

The next logical extention of the conversation is what shoes do you wear with your suit? Pair 54 or pair 196?
Just make sure they're not pointy - can't bear a man in winkle pickers!
Old Mar 5th 2004, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Daisy, I meant the birthday suit & the nailgun LOL .

Larissa, so what is my obsession about then? Like I said, even the sound of his shoes on hard floors conjures up images. . One of my fav pics is him in a suit.

Its probably that you have begun to associate the sound of boots, with Dagboy wearing his suit... so now the sound of the shoes will make you think of DB.... just be careful that you don't go on to develop a boot fetish :scared:
Old Mar 5th 2004, 7:59 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by badgersmount
you're doing fine. In my opinon, most blokes can look good in a suit as it hides many unwanted bumps. So it's not a miracle that many women claim to like them - along with an element of the 'power' thing it may represent.

Reminds me - we'll be talking about uniforms next. Again hate them. I always used to push it. The way I used to get away without ironing my shirt with starch was to make sure I was sufficiently fit that I filled out my shirt in the chest and arms. Roll my sleeves up a bit more than I was supposed to. All the skinny blokes used to get picked up, I felt sorry for them. The staff used to walk past me, pause, then move on.

lol

Badge
O my god, all this talk of men in uniform so early in the morning (for me!). It's just too much for my raging hormones. Do the unfiorms include peaked caps, as well...?!

Next this thread will move on to discussing men in Dinner Jackets (mmmmmm....) and I won't be able to concentrate for the rest of the day...

Anya (sorry Badge, I must be in 'take this thread to Cuba' mode' ).
Old Mar 5th 2004, 8:03 am
Badge

Originally posted by Larissa
Its probably that you have begun to associate the sound of boots, with Dagboy wearing his suit... so now the sound of the shoes will make you think of DB.... just be careful that you don't go on to develop a boot fetish :scared:

lol Pavolian Dog Syndrome and all. MrsD whats pair59 and etc.? I've got a ten year (they look new!) pair of black, newly resoled, smooth Oxfords which when bulled to a shine make me look like bloody Douglas Bader. I lost my other pair, a 7 year old pair of Brogues.

Badge