Stupid Optus

Old May 7th 2005, 11:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid Optus

I had a guy at the door yesterday from aapt. He claimed he could reduce all my phone and broadband costs. I thought I was in for a long boring argument (you know what salesmen are like), then I had the brainwave to tell him I was on a two year plan with Optus, no get-out clause, massive penalties. That shut him up.

Maybe aapt are cheaper than Optus. Anybody use them? Are they any good?

I just refuse to buy from cold callers on principal, it only encourages them

Cheers,
JTL
Old May 7th 2005, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
I have Optus Broadband......if I cant get it to connect the first thing I do is to call their helpline.....they r very prompt at updating any problems......I have also signed up for their casual use dial up......this is charged at $2.95 an hour, and is always there to use in emergencies should the BB go down
They what?

If their broadband doesn't work, they charge you for a dialup number, by the hour ??

Jesus tap dancing christ, they must have seen you come off the plane.

Or did I read your post wrong?

Hop over here, cruise around and see what is on offer

http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/
Old May 11th 2005, 7:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: Stupid Optus

Unbelievable. I've been away for three days, no internet access, getting serious withdrawal symptoms.

So when I get home, I hopped on the internet, checked my mail, read the news, and then decided to come on here. And what happens... Internet dies.

So I rang Optus helpline again, and STILL the same recorded message about them having Nationwide access problems for customers. Though now they're claiming its because of a 'major upgrade'. Well it better bloody mean 2Mb broadband for all for it to have been worthwhile.

I'm going to email them to get an explanation, and threaten to change networks (even though I think we are tied in, I'd love to see them claim breach of contract on my part when they can't even keep their broadband connections up for 30 minutes). Also going to demand at least a discount of this months fees, after all its now a quarter of a month with only intermittent internet access.

If anyone else is having the same problems, (and if you can read this without internet access ), their email is

[email protected]

Give 'em hell, its beyond a joke now,

JTL
Old May 11th 2005, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

wortho is an unknown quantity at this point

Theres 2 flavours of Optus Broadband at the moment, cable & DSL. Cable is 100% Optus own network. Optus DSL however is currently using Telstra equipment in Telstra Exchanges as with most of the other smaller broadband players. Optus will be rolling out there own Exchange equipment soon so hopefully less outages on the DSL network, the equipment will be DSL-2 compliant too so much faster than the current DSL & up to 40Mbits.
Old May 11th 2005, 11:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by wortho
Optus will be rolling out there own Exchange equipment soon so hopefully less outages on the DSL network, the equipment will be DSL-2 compliant too so much faster than the current DSL & up to 40Mbits.

Well maybe they've just started rolling it out and b*ggered up their entire system.

It was 100% reliable for the first 7 months we had it (while it was using the Telstra network as you say). Just the last week its become really flakey, its off more often than it is on.

I think by this stage they should at least have sent all their DSL customers an email explaining what is wrong, or what they are doing. God knows they're quick enough to send us stupid promo emails.

Cheers,
JTL