Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is is a stupid move to leave job in home country and arrive in Oz?

Is is a stupid move to leave job in home country and arrive in Oz?

Old Oct 20th 2013, 6:10 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is is a stupid move to leave job in home country and arrive in Oz?

Originally Posted by erfanonline

My actual question was about the "better" period to start applying for jobs --- after coming to Australia or before coming to Australia

I am coming to Australia on April 2014 (no matter what). I was wondering whether I should apply for job after April 2014 (when I am in Australia, my original plan, which my friend thinks will not work) or February 2014 (when I am not in Asia, my friend's advice, which he thinks is the best option).

I guess, the best option could be start actively applying online 1 month before arrival and look out through other means after arriving.
you start the process as early as possible - no time limit such as one, two or three months before IMO. Why not begin now to see what kind of warm or cold responses you get - then as time gets closer you'll know several things such as which approach is best, which areas of employment & employers meet your criteria. This is no different than asking the common questions that emigrants ask ... 'which areas should I live, how much money should we bring, prices of things, is there work for my occupation, how much will I make, do I need to be certified in my profession in the new country'...etc.

Each person approaches it different, some want a total solution no hassle move with a job lined up, place to stay etc, others just wing it by moving to a new country & take what lifes journey gives them

If you started today to look at jobs, would you be prepared to go to OZ to secure a job prior to making the big move?