Study in Oz?

Old Oct 6th 2008, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

TimeForAChange is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Study in Oz?

Hi I'm new to the site. Was wondering if anyone had any basic advice/guidance on study in Oz. if I did a years postgrad study would I be able to work whilst studying and also would it provide me with any way to stay in the country for a little time afterwards to try and find work? Cheers.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 1:42 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Study in Oz?

You would have to do 2 years study to apply for PR, and you can only work 20 hours per week in term time (which is hard to come by sometimes).

A year post-grad course would maybe allow you time to find a sponsor for a temporary visa - but these do not always lead to PR.

Also, post-grad study is expensive for international students ($7000 min per semester at a good uni).

Good luck.