Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Student Visa - Article from Australian

Student Visa - Article from Australian

Old Aug 27th 2008, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

roxyinitalia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Student Visa - Article from Australian

I thought this might be interesting to share with those applying for student visas.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...89-601,00.html
Old Aug 27th 2008, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Student Visa - Article from Australian

Originally Posted by roxyinitalia
I thought this might be interesting to share with those applying for student visas.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...89-601,00.html

Oh oerr....

there are some sorry tales in there!
Old Aug 28th 2008, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Stephen Jones
Oh oerr....

there are some sorry tales in there!
Love it! Being locked for completing your course early!!!!!
Old Aug 28th 2008, 2:02 am
SNH
BE Enthusiast

SNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud of

Gee that was a balanced article.

Something tells me there's a lot more to these stories than is being said.

There is a massive problem with students from places like India and China using a student visa as an 'in' to Australia, and then disappearing before completing any of their course.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 5:20 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone who is in Australia should be here legally. The onus is on the individual to make sure that they are. These people knew the rules, broke them and were locked up.

Where's the problem here?
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

I am on a student visa, which I researched before coming over, I would have been stupid not to.

I know the consiquenses if I work more than 20 hours a week, drop out of my course, don't attend enough classes etc etc, it is not like they hide it in the small print. If I got to the end of my visa and did not know what to do I would go to immigration and ask!
I wish some of the people on my course would 'vanish'. They obviously are not interested in it at all, must be very frustrating for our teachers.