Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Stress, Stress, Stress.........

Stress, Stress, Stress.........

Old Mar 10th 2006, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

elfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to all
Angry Stress, Stress, Stress.........

Two weeks ago accepted an offer 29k below original asking price, don't care just want to leave!
Buyers asked us to include a ruck of stuff which we agreed and since then NOTHING, ZILCH, NOWT I feel drained this limbo land is driving me mad, I can't sleep, I'm losing weight (which is no bad thing!) why oh why can't the system be changed to stop us all feeling so god awful?
Moan over.
Love and Light,
Elfin x
Old Mar 10th 2006, 9:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stress, Stress, Stress.........

Originally Posted by elfin
Two weeks ago accepted an offer 29k below original asking price, don't care just want to leave!
Buyers asked us to include a ruck of stuff which we agreed and since then NOTHING, ZILCH, NOWT I feel drained this limbo land is driving me mad, I can't sleep, I'm losing weight (which is no bad thing!) why oh why can't the system be changed to stop us all feeling so god awful?
Moan over.
Love and Light,
Elfin x
Get your estate agent to chase it up, that's what you pay them for.

I agree it's crap selling houses.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Stephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond repute

Moan over.
Love and Light,
Elfin x
29k in Aussie dollars is a lot to climb down with. Unless of course your house was over valued by some jockstrap of an estate agent.

You know what they say about estate agents (or auctioneers as they are called in ireland)?............The sole criteria for becoming one ...is having a pulse!!
Old Mar 10th 2006, 10:34 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stephen
29k in Aussie dollars is a lot to climb down with. Unless of course your house was over valued by some jockstrap of an estate agent.

You know what they say about estate agents (or auctioneers as they are called in ireland)?............The sole criteria for becoming one ...is having a pulse!!
How can they have a pulse when they don't have Harts?
Old Mar 10th 2006, 10:40 am
One of Big G's girls.

Loubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to behold

Elfin - it'll all work out ok. We're in same situation. We've taken a big drop from asking price as we want to go asap and its a cash buyer. No other offers either. Thought it would go smoothly, but never does. I'm trying to chill about it all but it is really difficult.
I'll send you some Karma to help you out.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice

[You know what they say about estate agents (or auctioneers as they are called in ireland)?............The sole criteria for becoming one ...is having a pulse!![/QUOTE]

ha ha!! As an estate agent here...we're not all that bad!!! though to be honest some of the older estate agents you do tend to worry if they dont show any movement every five minutes!! There are some very slack agents - and i guess bit like Emmigration Agents you do tend to get what you pay for.

My advice is to just keep hastling them everyday...they should be chasing it through for you anyway. Hopefully they will just try to speed things up

The days of Agents getting paid for doing nothing (like the last few years!) are long gone!
Old Mar 10th 2006, 11:08 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Moan over.
Love and Light,
Elfin x
it must be driving you mad all that uncertainty ,i know you are going to melbourne and the real estate system is a bit different to west australia but what i can say the system here work well as once the offer and acceptance form has been signed by the vendor and purchaser there is no backing out unless a subject to finance clause is put in,after a week you can guarantee they havent got finance and they do have to prove they have tried so you can sell to someone else .I have found this system good and gives you peace of mind especially if buying as there is noway of getting gazumped
Old Mar 10th 2006, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

conkishay is an unknown quantity at this point

Moan over.
Love and Light,
Elfin x
Hi Elfin, just gonna have to join in on that moan with ya. I feel like we have been in limbo for a lifetime. Our house is sold and we r playing the waiting game. I am so scared that the phone will ring and our buyers will back out at the last minute. We have got to validate our visas by August and I want to flying out to Brissie on a one way ticket otherwise I am not gonna be held responsible for what i do to my four kiddiewinkles if I have to do three trips. My life is in the hands of an estate agent which makes me just slightly crazy, unfortuately for me it just makes me wonna eat chocolate so no weight loss for me to be happy about. Hope things speed up for u soon and i agree that hassling the agents is sometimes the only way to go .Chin up it will be soooo worth it in the end. :scared:
Old Mar 10th 2006, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold

Moan over.
Love and Light,
Elfin x
Oh you poor things - I went through a sale from hell also which cost me a lot more than I hoped! 29K is a lot of Aussie dollars - if you can muster up the energy - get a number of estate agents in on the hurry up to give you a valuation. Small independents preferably. It may be that your property was valued a little on the high side - that may not be the case. Find out what similar properties have sold for in your area recently. Also suggest that you get your current estate agent to chase up your time wasters. It is a tough call but if they know that you are desperate to leave then they will take advantage.

Good Luck and let me know how it pans out.

Sue

Old Mar 10th 2006, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Moan over.
Love and Light,
Elfin x

Hope everything works out for you, so I'll wish you good luck .
We're currently in the midst of going for skills assessment and the stress from this is unbearable, god knows what I'll be like when it's time to pack!!!! :scared:. Currently bricking it that skills assessment will fail, it really is doing my head in!!!!!!
Old Mar 10th 2006, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

[/QUOTE]ha ha!! As an estate agent here...we're not all that bad!!! though to be honest some of the older estate agents you do tend to worry if they dont show any movement every five minutes!! There are some very slack agents - and i guess bit like Emmigration Agents you do tend to get what you pay for.

My advice is to just keep hastling them everyday...they should be chasing it through for you anyway. Hopefully they will just try to speed things up

The days of Agents getting paid for doing nothing (like the last few years!) are long gone![/QUOTE]

OH!

You've just said this to stir everybody up right?

Sorry but, you are not one of the 'norm' you must be one in a million!!!!!! Everytime we have tried to sell a house, we have had the same problem - no feedback unless we phone them as ask for it - crap service - as for 'get what you pay for' they were ALL reputable high street agents so that doesn't follow now does it!!

We are now in the same situation as we were before we left - constantly waiting for them to keep us up to date - but sadly - its just not happening! They dont even seem to be able to get their heads around emails let alone anything else! Phoned them last night to correct a few details on our contract - whilst speaking to one of them - he calmly said - "oh two people have looked at it so far - but will not be taking it any further" gee thanks - we have been waiting for them to actually confirm to us that it is on the market as are still processing paper work - honestly!!! We need 'feedback' ! Cant believe they didn't bother to send us an email - email whats that!!!! computer literate - ha ha - are you?? And dont say - they are too busy - bla!!! As you say, its their job to keep their clients up to date with everything - would you like to be our agent ? Oh - and its nothing to do with age - so dont try and make that excuse - the people we are dealing with are all in their 20's or 30's!!

We are 12,000 miles away which is making it even harder to communicate - it was a nightmare whilst we were still there - but now, well - cant find a word to describe it quite honestly

So, good on ya for being such a lovey estate agent - may you flourish in your job and teach others to be the same - we can always hope eh

Right, thats my rant over for the day - glad to get that off me chest - thanks

Last edited by Bix da Boss; Mar 10th 2006 at 11:41 pm.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Moan over.
Love and Light,
Elfin x

Really feel for you Elfin - know what you are going thru - its sucks

Take care - its not easy to relax I know, but do try - its important to switch off if you can - I had to learn to and I'm not the type of person who can do it easily as Bix would tell you - he he

Gill
Old Mar 11th 2006, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

What a total nightmare!.
I sympathise totally .Sending you some much needed Karma.
Dreamaway.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 9:11 am
Blah Blah Blah

Buttockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond repute

So, good on ya for being such a lovey estate agent - may you flourish in your job and teach others to be the same - we can always hope eh

Right, thats my rant over for the day - glad to get that off me chest - thanks [/QUOTE]

Now a nice inflammatory estate agent thread might bring a few trolls out of the woodwork. Boss of Bix.........?
Old Mar 13th 2006, 7:53 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Now a nice inflammatory estate agent thread might bring a few trolls out of the woodwork. Boss of Bix.........?

Boss of Bix here - what? Me not know what you on about? Me dont know anything about trolls - only the ones in LOTR Will have 2 ask BIX I spose!!

Oh boy! Wish I'd never started that conv with BIX

I'm outta here - bye bye:scared:

BTW - are you a LOST fan or are you just LOST? As I said, not on here enough to know

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.