Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Stress Buster (esp for the girls)

Stress Buster (esp for the girls)

Old Oct 29th 2003, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stress Buster (esp for the girls)

Here's one for the stressed amongst us....trust me, it works!

Chocolate and Hazelnut Tart

Base:
100g digestives
100g whole hazelnuts (and some to decorate top of tart)
75g melted butter
50g light soft brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 180/gas 6/350F
Put biscuits and nuts in food processor and chop till like fine breadcrumbs.
Add butter, sugar & cinnamon and mix thoroughly. Use this mixture to line the bottom and sides of a 20cm loose-bottomed flan/cake tin (I went about an inch - inch and half up the sides - doesn't matter if it ends up with rough edges - that's part of the way it's supposed to look)
Bake for 20 mins and leave to cool (leave in the tin until you've finished the whole thing)

Filling:
150g bitter dark chocolate (plus a tiny bit to grate/decorate)
7ml orange juice
7g powdered gelatine (about 3 level teaspoons)
3 eggs, separated
200g marscapone

Melt chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water (or microwave).
Put OJ in a small pan and add gelatine and stir thoroughly. Heat very gently until dissolved. Remove from heat and beat in with melted choc and egg yolks. Add the mascapone and beat until smooth.
Whisk the egg whites in a bowl until they are completely stiff, then fold into the choc mixture using a metal spoon.
Spoon the mixture into the biscuit case, smooth over the top and chill for at least 4 hrs.
Remove from tin, decorate with hazelnuts and grated chocolate (or whipped cream)
Eat and try not to feel guilty

This is really easy to make (I only do easy recipes) and it looks the business. You gotta try it, it's just YUMMY!

HP

p.s. this is a 'lifestyle' forum isn't it? If so, I have taken it that we can include recipes!!
Old Oct 29th 2003, 3:55 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Angry Re: Stress Buster (esp for the girls)

Originally posted by HiddenPaw

p.s. this is a 'lifestyle' forum isn't it? If so, I have taken it that we can include recipes!!
lol, if you decide to stay in Oz you will need to practice your cooking for when you are making all those biscuits and cakes to take to school , every mother bakes, I HOPE YOU KNOW THAT!! lol

Next you will be having Tupperware parties and learning how to make quilts!!
But I will have a go at the recipe it sounds scrummy!
Old Oct 29th 2003, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

lynn kennedy is an unknown quantity at this point

You forgot to metion to really bring down the stress levels you need to drink at least 2 litres of wine whilst waiting for it to cook!

Always works for me!

Lynn
Old Oct 29th 2003, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

before I left the UK I had never baked a thing. Now I can do anything as the desserts here are very syrupy and sweet so I had to learn to make my own. I can now make almost anything from doughnuts, danish, muffins and all sorts of things so I should be ok when I go to OZ.
Will try your recipe.
Debs
Old Oct 29th 2003, 6:04 am
suz
Forum Regular

suz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stress Buster (esp for the girls)

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
Here's one for the stressed amongst us....trust me, it works!

Chocolate and Hazelnut Tart

Base:
100g digestives
100g whole hazelnuts (and some to decorate top of tart)
75g melted butter
50g light soft brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 180/gas 6/350F
Put biscuits and nuts in food processor and chop till like fine breadcrumbs.
Add butter, sugar & cinnamon and mix thoroughly. Use this mixture to line the bottom and sides of a 20cm loose-bottomed flan/cake tin (I went about an inch - inch and half up the sides - doesn't matter if it ends up with rough edges - that's part of the way it's supposed to look)
Bake for 20 mins and leave to cool (leave in the tin until you've finished the whole thing)

Filling:
150g bitter dark chocolate (plus a tiny bit to grate/decorate)
7ml orange juice
7g powdered gelatine (about 3 level teaspoons)
3 eggs, separated
200g marscapone

Melt chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water (or microwave).
Put OJ in a small pan and add gelatine and stir thoroughly. Heat very gently until dissolved. Remove from heat and beat in with melted choc and egg yolks. Add the mascapone and beat until smooth.
Whisk the egg whites in a bowl until they are completely stiff, then fold into the choc mixture using a metal spoon.
Spoon the mixture into the biscuit case, smooth over the top and chill for at least 4 hrs.
Remove from tin, decorate with hazelnuts and grated chocolate (or whipped cream)
Eat and try not to feel guilty

This is really easy to make (I only do easy recipes) and it looks the business. You gotta try it, it's just YUMMY!

HP

MMMMMMM sounds like heaven, I shall try this one out
Guilt, who mentioned that !!!!!!!!

Suz
Old Oct 29th 2003, 7:09 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

my thighs have expanded just looking at the recipe!!!

sounds gorgeous....

sue
Old Oct 29th 2003, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Along with our temporary 6 year old came a jar of Cadbury crunchy chocolate and hazelnut spread. (Purple lid for those in need). Its totally irresistable, Ive been eating it by the spoonful with every cuppa, untill I read the jar, 500 calories per 100g, couple of spoonfuls in other words. I totally freaked having just eaten 2000 calories worth of choc spread. Steamed veg for tea tonight.
Old Oct 29th 2003, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lynn kennedy
You forgot to metion to really bring down the stress levels you need to drink at least 2 litres of wine whilst waiting for it to cook!

Always works for me!

Lynn
Sorry my error - Lynn is right. Whilst the tart is cooling in the fridge for 4 hrs you will be subjected to the whiff of chocolate & marscapone each time you open the fridge door. It is therefore essential to have a bottle of wine to hand to counteract the stress caused by the excessive waiting time

(I must admit, last time I made it, I only lasted 2 hrs!!! (as long as the centre has firmed up, which the gelatine will ensure happens, it's good to go!!)

Jane ray...are you serious aboutmaking cakes for scholl? oh no......
Old Oct 29th 2003, 8:35 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by dotty
Along with our temporary 6 year old came a jar of Cadbury crunchy chocolate and hazelnut spread. (Purple lid for those in need). Its totally irresistable, Ive been eating it by the spoonful with every cuppa, untill I read the jar, 500 calories per 100g, couple of spoonfuls in other words. I totally freaked having just eaten 2000 calories worth of choc spread. Steamed veg for tea tonight.

Reminds me of my wife....she seems to have developed a Nutella addiction Sometimes i go out to the kitchen and catch her with a spoon in one hand and the jar in the other
Old Oct 29th 2003, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PeteY
Reminds me of my wife....she seems to have developed a Nutella addiction Sometimes i go out to the kitchen and catch her with a spoon in one hand and the jar in the other
Jar of nutella = indispensable, especially when you have a hormonal woman in the house who can't be bothered to go out to the shops! Get her to try the Asda finest (or whatever) - chocolate spread for grown ups! The praline is really yummy but didn't last more than a couple of days!!
Also, chocolate is a good source of iron...
Old Oct 29th 2003, 8:54 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Larissa
Jar of nutella = indispensable, especially when you have a hormonal woman in the house who can't be bothered to go out to the shops! Get her to try the Asda finest (or whatever) - chocolate spread for grown ups! The praline is really yummy but didn't last more than a couple of days!!
Also, chocolate is a good source of iron...
And apparently (according to Sus) choc counts towards your 5 daily portions of veg. Now, when i questioned this she just looked at me and said "well its made of beans is'nt it??"
Old Oct 29th 2003, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

If this is going to work as a stress buster then surely somebody else has to cook it for you?!

The chocolate here does taste slightly different, but it doesn't take long to not notice the difference. Who mentioned Crunchie bars, I'm starting to drool.........

Yes the mums here do like to bake biscuits and cakes. Any excuse for a baking session it seems; morning tea with your friends, fund-raising coffee mornings, cakes to take to school at birthday time, good job they stock a nice selection at my local supermarket!
Old Oct 29th 2003, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jacqui
If this is going to work as a stress buster then surely somebody else has to cook it for you?!

The chocolate here does taste slightly different, but it doesn't take long to not notice the difference. Who mentioned Crunchie bars, I'm starting to drool.........

Yes the mums here do like to bake biscuits and cakes. Any excuse for a baking session it seems; morning tea with your friends, fund-raising coffee mornings, cakes to take to school at birthday time, good job they stock a nice selection at my local supermarket!
Must admit - quite like doing a bit of baking / general cooking.... but with my family I'd have to quadruple the ingredients for there to be enough to take into school!!!
Larissa
Out of the closet now...
Old Oct 29th 2003, 1:12 pm
WBB

why should you women have all the fun???

this one looks like a great for us men too!!!!!

Old Oct 29th 2003, 1:13 pm
WBB

just thought though, you need a woman present to do the cooking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.