Reload this Page >

....strange job interview

Wikiposts

....strange job interview

Old Mar 22nd 2004, 11:27 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ....strange job interview

In the middle of moving house today I had a job interview and it was the strangest I have ever had. Nurses, the shortage here must not be exagerated as the director of nursing at this place almost did a presentation to me on why I should work there, then asked what hours I would like to work and gave me the job without asking me a single question, other than did I have any further questions!!!!
Its not the job of my dreams but they've allowed me to choose my hours, are paying fairly well and its 5 minutes away from my house so I'll give it a go. I'm a bit suspicious but I'll keep you posted..........:scared:
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 11:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hooray! Well done, strange or not, its a job, and even if it turns out to be no good, its an Aussie job on your resume, and its a start!
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 11:40 pm
Account Closed

Thanks Polly, you're right, its ideal in many ways, I just left feeling that there must be something terrible about the place if they're so happy to have someone turn up for an interview!!!
It seemed much better than a similar facility I was interviewed at last week though, where I nearly walked out of the interview!
Fingers crossed
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 9:15 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Fab news Michaela,

Not a nurse as you know but I hope I get a job that quickly.

Good Luck
Sarah
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

bazfer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Congratulations
I am a nurse and would be very interested to know a bit more about the job and how you find nursing over there. any info greatly appreciated
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 9:24 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mcmercer
Thanks Polly, you're right, its ideal in many ways, I just left feeling that there must be something terrible about the place if they're so happy to have someone turn up for an interview!!!
It seemed much better than a similar facility I was interviewed at last week though, where I nearly walked out of the interview!
Fingers crossed
Yeah, but have you actually told the other woman that you dont want the job yet?

Congrats on this one, as Polly said, at least its something on the resume, although by the sounds of both those interviews so far, it looks like you dont even need that!

for lunch tommorrow or Friday?
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 9:24 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

OH my god, another one. There must be something in the water
Big congrats, go girl
H xxx
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 2:51 pm
Account Closed

Thanks all!
Mrs D, I did finally turn the other job down, went for the diplomatic approach in the end rather than telling the woman I couldnt bear to spend another minute in the same room as her and her unit was crap!!!
Lunch Friday sounds good, will give you a call
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 3:27 pm
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all

Congratulations! I had the same when i went for a remote job. It was all about 'when you start it will be like this' and not 'if'. Does make you feel a bit surreal afterwards though almost as if you've missed the bit when they say ' just joking'!
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 3:52 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: ....strange job interview

Originally posted by mcmercer
In the middle of moving house today I had a job interview and it was the strangest I have ever had. Nurses, the shortage here must not be exagerated as the director of nursing at this place almost did a presentation to me on why I should work there, then asked what hours I would like to work and gave me the job without asking me a single question, other than did I have any further questions!!!!
Its not the job of my dreams but they've allowed me to choose my hours, are paying fairly well and its 5 minutes away from my house so I'll give it a go. I'm a bit suspicious but I'll keep you posted..........:scared:
Well done, that's both of you working, and you've hardly been here 5 minutes

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know just what you mean. I'd been doing agency work which is a bit thin on the ground to say the least and so contacted a hospital I'd been in touch with last year. The unit manager asked me to go in and meet with her the following monday where I was duly shown around the unit, told what I would be paid, she apologised that I would have to work 4 weeks days (I work nights usually as I'm too tight to pay for childcare ).
I was asked if I had any questions, taken to personnel to sort out the paperwork and then taken for my uniforms. The parting shot was " I hope you will choose to come and work here".
Fortunately the unit is just what I am after and I start next monday

So even thought the agency work didn't pan out at least i now have a job and know exactly what I will be working as they are fixed nights.

Claire