Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emigrate Show - agents, really fed up now.

Emigrate Show - agents, really fed up now.

Old Mar 20th 2004, 7:06 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Red face Emigrate Show - agents, really fed up now.

Hiya,
Really fed up and stressed out now. Spoke to many different agents about Andrew's Ex wife and kids and the fact that DIMIA will request meds. Totally out of the question to ask her!
One agent said without meds we have a 90% failure rate and not to bother wasting our money applying. Another assured us that we wouldn't be asked to obtain meds if kids are not coming with us. A couple said we would definitely need to get meds done, without them it's up to the case officer whether we get visa or not. Turning into a saga this - sorry! Then another said put all supporting info with main application and they probably will let it go through, we laughed at this because of the info we had already been given. And finally one said that she really didn't know and would get in touch with DIMIA and explain the situation, see what they say and then e-mail us.
Now we are both really fed up and Andrew is currently saying we won't bother. Not a good day at all. Hope you all had a better one.

Sarah
Old Mar 20th 2004, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Tazzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Emigrate Show - agents, really fed up now.

Originally posted by teach
Hiya,
Really fed up and stressed out now. Spoke to many different agents about Andrew's Ex wife and kids and the fact that DIMIA will request meds. Totally out of the question to ask her!
One agent said without meds we have a 90% failure rate and not to bother wasting our money applying. Another assured us that we wouldn't be asked to obtain meds if kids are not coming with us. A couple said we would definitely need to get meds done, without them it's up to the case officer whether we get visa or not. Turning into a saga this - sorry! Then another said put all supporting info with main application and they probably will let it go through, we laughed at this because of the info we had already been given. And finally one said that she really didn't know and would get in touch with DIMIA and explain the situation, see what they say and then e-mail us.
Now we are both really fed up and Andrew is currently saying we won't bother. Not a good day at all. Hope you all had a better one.

Sarah
Sarah,

We are in the same situation but, again, we've been given different advice from our agent.
Basically, the reason DIMIA want medicals from your husband children is because if something happens to your husbands ex-wife, your husband is next of kin to his kids, therefore, if you are in Aus they will have to join you and Aus need to know that they will be no drain, medically, on the state.
We've been told there's two routes to go down. 1) Get your husbands ex wife to agree to the meds, if that's a no go than 2) Your wife writes a letter which says under no circumstances will she let her kids go through the meds, therfore showing unreconcilable differences between the two parties, which DIMIA has to take into account.
Don't quote me on this, as this is only what we understood from talking to our agent, Concept Australia, about our situation. Fortunatly, my husbands ex as given us the go-ahead.
Good luck. PM me if you want anymore info.
Tazzy
Old Mar 20th 2004, 7:50 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Tazzy,
Both of those options are a no no. I'll send you a PM.

Sarah
Old Mar 20th 2004, 9:02 pm
Account Closed

dazzac is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Tazzy,
Both of those options are a no no. I'll send you a PM.

Sarah
Forge the letter!! Jeez they won't contact her , they take everything at face value. They don't know what her signature looks like.
I would , but thats just me.
In for a penny in for a pound. What the worst that could happen - they still don't give you the visa ??. At least you tried.
Old Mar 20th 2004, 11:15 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Head up Sarah.
You are on the boomerangs outward flight but it does come back.
Stick with it
Old Mar 21st 2004, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Hiya,

Sarah

Have you talked to a solicitor, they are Andrews children too. He has as much right to take them to a doctor as she does. Is she doing this just to spite him, does she realise that it is not an intrusive medical on a child and besides it would be a good way of getting rid of you both!!!! lol
Old Mar 21st 2004, 8:08 am
Loving it in Bundy

Thanks for your replies.

Yes, I have considered forging the letter dazzac.
The woman is unstable, she has already tried to burn our house down. The son was arrested and cautioned for attempted criminal damage, our cars have been done plus all the abuse we have had in the street. We have had goodness knows how many visits from the police because Andrew has been sitting outside her house stalking her, well at least that is what she told the police. If our solicitor contacts her who knows what she will do next. :scared:
Thankfully there is a small glimmer at the end of the tunnel. Toni @ Arriveaustralia is going to get in touch with DIMIA to see if we can get around meds for the kids. Had a good sleep last night so things don't seem so bleak this morning.

Sarah
Old Mar 21st 2004, 8:44 am
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all

Just had a thought. If you think of it another way you actually have a lot in your favour. You have police reports of her actions and you could always resort to a letter/statement from people who have seen her being verbally abusive. At least then if and more than likely when she refuses the medical etc you will have evidence for DIMIA to support irreconsilable differences. Don't know if this is of any help but it's woth a try.
Old Mar 21st 2004, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Tazzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by rob&lucy
Just had a thought. If you think of it another way you actually have a lot in your favour. You have police reports of her actions and you could always resort to a letter/statement from people who have seen her being verbally abusive. At least then if and more than likely when she refuses the medical etc you will have evidence for DIMIA to support irreconsilable differences. Don't know if this is of any help but it's woth a try.

Hi Sarah,

Got your PM, thanks. OMG, this woman sounds a right pyscho, no wonder you want to move to the other side of the world.
Been thinking your situation over and I agree with the above posters. I know you don't want to tell her your moving as that will make life even more difficult, but she's got to know sooner or later. Another thing that our agent said; get your solicitor to send her a letter informing her of your intention to emigrate and the need for medicals. If after 1 month she hasn't replied, then that to shows unreasonable behaviour and unreconcilable differences between the two parties. Which DIMIA again has to take into account, along with the police reports of her harrassment.
However, the other thing you PMed me about, well that needs to be sorted straight away, and then there's no problem about your visa at all.
Anyway, sorry I couldn't have been of more help, if anything this will bump your thread back up and maybe some others will be able to help.
Good Luck
Tazzy
Old Mar 21st 2004, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

neal is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your replies.

Yes, I have considered forging the letter dazzac.
The woman is unstable, she has already tried to burn our house down. The son was arrested and cautioned for attempted criminal damage, our cars have been done plus all the abuse we have had in the street. We have had goodness knows how many visits from the police because Andrew has been sitting outside her house stalking her, well at least that is what she told the police. If our solicitor contacts her who knows what she will do next. :scared:
Thankfully there is a small glimmer at the end of the tunnel. Toni @ Arriveaustralia is going to get in touch with DIMIA to see if we can get around meds for the kids. Had a good sleep last night so things don't seem so bleak this morning.

Sarah
Hi Sarah-Mrs.Neal here.Really sorry to hear all this.It brings back (very recent)memories for me!!I truly believe there's always a way,even if it doesn't seem obvious at first.Easy for me to say now because we've beaten our dragon,but hang in there.There will be dark days when there seems no way out ,but very few situations like this one are cut and dried,and judging from the e-mail we had from Adelaide when we were in your shoes they take every set of circumstances and judge it on it's own merit.
My biggest piece of advice would be to get absolutely as MUCH evidence of anything and everything as you can-it'll keep you busy and will show how determind you are(and how mad she is )
Loads of luck to you-don't be beaten by it.
Mrs.Neal
Old Mar 21st 2004, 8:17 pm
Loving it in Bundy

Thanks for all your replies, makes things easier when people offer their support. I'll get through it fine, it's Andrew I'm worried about. Poor bugger had to deal with the nutter when he divorced her and then again last year when she started harassing us. I have a sneaky feeling that things are about to kick off again soon. Andrew's kids have started visiting his parents again and my beetle was only back from the garage a few hours when it got spray painted then today his son was hanging around our street. Not a good sign. Ah well these things are meant to test us.
Regards
Sarah
Old Mar 21st 2004, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light

Sarah,

I have complete empathy for your situation, have to say that we are in a similar one. I've read many threads on here about this, mostly it seems that you can get by without the childrens meds if you can show that you have tried or that you get no cooperation at all. Would your solicitor wright you a letter confirming the volitile situation and that she doesn't cooperate?

I can appreciate you fearing she will sabotage your efforts to get to Oz, I know this as my hubby and I have been his ex's hobby from the day we met. I will never doubt the efforts that someone will go to, to make anothers life hell.

And it seems that in the middle of all of this are the children, often becoming as disturbed as their affected mothers. Being a mother myself with my own ex I find it really hard to accept that these mothers don't stop for one moment to think of the impact their behaviour will have on their kids.

If there's anything I might be able to help you with let me know.

Take care

Tracey.
Old Mar 21st 2004, 9:10 pm
Loving it in Bundy

Thanks Tracey,

I agree with you totally about the children turning out just like their deranged mothers. The daughter shouts c*** at us if we pass her in the street, she is only 15 what the hell will she be like when she gets to 18. Scary thought.

Sarah
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

traceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant future

We may be in a similar position when we come to our medicals. Do you know if we can take the child to the medical without the mothers consent? My partner has joint custody and regular visits? If anyone can help many thanks.

Tracey
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

bettytweena is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by traceyandian
We may be in a similar position when we come to our medicals. Do you know if we can take the child to the medical without the mothers consent? My partner has joint custody and regular visits? If anyone can help many thanks.

Tracey
really feel for you all, and you bet...you've got my support big time, although it is not always the ex WIVES, the thorn in my side is an ex hubby...but we are having the same probs (not meds, but harassment & abuse). Bloody nightmare......makes you more determined to successfully proceed with application.I have sworn that if we dont get to oz, i'll move to the furthest place possible in this country!!

take strength ffrom the fact that you are not alone...affiliation and all that!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.