Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

storm on its way

storm on its way

Old Jan 6th 2006, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Unycorne is on a distinguished road
Default storm on its way

OK so BOM is classifying this storm as Very Dangerous - my dad has just called and said that this will be the most violent storm in the last few years. It is heading straight for bayside brisbane and at the moment we are getting a spectacular light show

Anyone else crapping themselves yet?????

michelle :scared: :scared: :scared:
xxx
Old Jan 6th 2006, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: storm on its way

Originally Posted by Unycorne
OK so BOM is classifying this storm as Very Dangerous - my dad has just called and said that this will be the most violent storm in the last few years. It is heading straight for bayside brisbane and at the moment we are getting a spectacular light show

Anyone else crapping themselves yet?????

michelle :scared: :scared: :scared:
xxx

Feeling quite pleased we stayed in tonight. The light show has been raging for about an hour now. We can just hear the thunder now - due to hit us (Brisbane CBD) in 10 minutes (8.35pm). Eeeeeeeekkkkkkk!!!!!
Old Jan 6th 2006, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Brizbound will become famous soon enoughBrizbound will become famous soon enough

BEing hit fairly hard in Ormiston though certainly not worst of the summer as yet, let alone the last few years. However had a power outage for about 30 seconds a couple of mintes ago.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brizbound
BEing hit fairly hard in Ormiston though certainly not worst of the summer as yet, let alone the last few years. However had a power outage for about 30 seconds a couple of mintes ago.

It was pretty bad here about an hour ago (Brisbane CBD). There's been an amazing amount of rainfall and some huge thunder claps and lightning strikes very close by. All quiet now..... well just back to the light show stage.....
Old Jan 6th 2006, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all

I thought it was mean't to be summer now,
Glad i'm not coming in your winter
Old Jan 6th 2006, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pazza
I thought it was mean't to be summer now,
Glad i'm not coming in your winter
Storm season will go on till at least February - i.e in the summer. The winters out here are beautiful. Fabulous clear blue skies, great temperatures (not too hot), and the nights can be refreshingly cool. Have to take the rough with the smooth.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 11:17 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnAndNetta
Storm season will go on till at least February - i.e in the summer. The winters out here are beautiful. Fabulous clear blue skies, great temperatures (not too hot), and the nights can be refreshingly cool. Have to take the rough with the smooth.
We had a brilliant storm a couple of hours ago bottom of GC - loudest thunder I have heard for years.

Just the odd rumble now and the occasional flash
Old Jan 6th 2006, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all

We're going to Gold Coast Jan 20th, (3 weeks) please don't tell me it's going to a disaster weather wise . With 2 young kids, it'll be a nightmare.

Cheers
Steve.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 11:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pazza
We're going to Gold Coast Jan 20th, (3 weeks) please don't tell me it's going to a disaster weather wise . With 2 young kids, it'll be a nightmare.

Cheers
Steve.
Well I love it. Depends on where you are staying. With little ones you will need air con. My two are 13 and 10 and we didn't use any air con until the last week and then only for short bursts but little ones might get a bit hot. The storms are not all the time. In the five or six weeks we have been here we have probably had 3 blinders but have heard the odd rumble out to sea a bit more. When we were on Main Beach we got great shows of lightning miles out but nothing close.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 11:56 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Got to say that was one of the weirdest storms electrically I've ever seen . We were at a friends place at Holland Park at a party when we saw it coming. The whole sky had mini forked lightning between all the clouds (weird!) for about an hour before it hit & then it started! Massive lightning, golf ball sized hail & the strangest lightning that was GREEN struck twice! Lost power over there after the lightning strikes for about an hour.

Got home & have had just over 2 inches of rain here, left some windows open, so some wet patches , but no damage & no power out.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 11:58 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I'm sure its not the first wet patches youve had.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 12:00 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Got to say that was one of the weirdest storms electrically I've ever seen . We were at a friends place at Holland Park at a party when we saw it coming. The whole sky had mini forked lightning between all the clouds (weird!) for about an hour before it hit & then it started! Massive lightning, golf ball sized hail & the strangest lightning that was GREEN struck twice! Lost power over there after the lightning strikes for about an hour.

Got home & have had just over 2 inches of rain here, left some windows open, so some wet patches , but no damage & no power out.
Green lightning - I thought you didn't drink We only had rain no hail. Unfortunately because of all the trees around we don't see the lightning properly but it lit up the garden a treat.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 12:22 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

By refreshingly cool you mean bloody freezing of course
Old Jan 6th 2006, 12:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Just rang my sister as my mum has been taken into hospital and she had to get off the phone as the storm was approaching. She says it is going to be a bad one.

Thinking of you all
lace x
Old Jan 6th 2006, 12:38 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
I'm sure its not the first wet patches youve had.
LOL, very true, but at least Dagboy doesnt have to sleep in these ones .

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Green lightning - I thought you didn't drink We only had rain no hail. Unfortunately because of all the trees around we don't see the lightning properly but it lit up the garden a treat.
Don't smoke anything either , seriously freaky lightning, havent ever seen anything like it before. There were about 10 of us standing on the verandah when it struck (twice), even the kids were gobsmacked by it & were still going on about the green lightning when they went to bed .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.