Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Storage and Removal Advice

Storage and Removal Advice

Old Sep 5th 2003, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Storage and Removal Advice

Sold house due to complete 24th Sept.

Anyone got info/tel no for companies who offer storage with a view to ship belongings over if required from overseas.

Been looking at renting, but after viewing houses that are terrible for double my exsiting mortgage, have decided to go to NZ for 1-2 months when house sell is completed.

Need to move quick now, so any help gratefully recieved.
Old Sep 5th 2003, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Storage and Removal Advice

Originally posted by GetMeOutOfHere

Anyone got info/tel no for companies who offer storage with a view to ship belongings over if required from overseas.

Been looking at renting, but after viewing houses that are terrible for double my exsiting mortgage, have decided to go to NZ for 1-2 months when house sell is completed.

we are in limbo waiting for visa to aus but have done the donkey work for removals.nearly all of them do storage working up to shipment later to most companies.we had quotes from allied pickfords,brittania,robinsons,simpsons,avalon,ster ling and excess international all of which have reasonable websites.hope this is of help-sorry if it isn't-not sure if nz is same as aus.regards karen
Old Sep 5th 2003, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Storage and Removal Advice

Originally posted by cookies
we are in limbo waiting for visa to aus but have done the donkey work for removals.nearly all of them do storage working up to shipment later to most companies.we had quotes from allied pickfords,brittania,robinsons,simpsons,avalon,ster ling and excess international all of which have reasonable websites.hope this is of help-sorry if it isn't-not sure if nz is same as aus.regards karen

Thank you, what were the quotes like?

I'm getting all excited now
Old Sep 5th 2003, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

S/pick is an unknown quantity at this point

PSS were very reasonable. A 20' container to Auckland £2654 includes all documentation for custom, packing, uk and unpacking NZ, port charges, removal of packing materials, 2 weeks free storage in UK.

Storage for NZ handling charge (once only payment) $146.00
Storage per week $37.00

I personally think this is a good deal, compared to some of the other quotes I received.
Old Sep 5th 2003, 1:22 pm
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point

We are in a similar position and have just put our goods into storage with PSS (yesterday in fact!).

The office is always available to take your calls, and the packers were exceptional. Everything packed and wrapped on Wednesday then loaded into the lorry on Thursday (approx 700cft).

Will post pic's over the weekend to show just how well stuff was wrapped....
Old Sep 5th 2003, 2:33 pm
NZ 2004 ... Inshallah

robernelli is an unknown quantity at this point

I emailed 7 companies, only 3 got back to me. The best 2 were PSS and John Mason who quoted around £1330 for 320 sq cubic mtrs for Sutton Coldfield to Auckland (though it is more likely we will be going to Tauranga now). We are not taking the entire contents of our 3 bed as we are buyying some bulky items new over there - sofas, beds. We are going on a search for jobs at some point between Jan and Sept 04 depending on my wifes completion of studies at UCE.

The new look Bull Ring hasn't tempted you to stay then????

Rob
Old Sep 5th 2003, 2:37 pm
NZ 2004 ... Inshallah

robernelli is an unknown quantity at this point

....sorry thats 320 cubic feet, not metres....blimey, that would be good value
Old Sep 5th 2003, 3:28 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice
Default Re: Storage and Removal Advice

Originally posted by GetMeOutOfHere

Just had the excess removals man around They offer 4 weeks free storage in UK if you use them. Good man professional and knowledgable. Very busy at present so get in quick
Old Sep 5th 2003, 3:31 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Originally posted by S/pick
PSS were very reasonable. A 20' container to Auckland £2654 includes all documentation for custom, packing, uk and unpacking NZ, port charges, removal of packing materials, 2 weeks free storage in UK.

Storage for NZ handling charge (once only payment) $146.00
Storage per week $37.00

I personally think this is a good deal, compared to some of the other quotes I received.

I know my geography is useless but why is UK auckland with PSS so much cheaper than UK to Sydney for the 20ft container we were quoted just under £3,000
Old Sep 5th 2003, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

S/pick is an unknown quantity at this point

Have'nt got a clue, but very happy it's cheaper but with the insurance will still be around £3000 anyway and that's within our budget.
Old Sep 5th 2003, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by robernelli
I emailed 7 companies, only 3 got back to me. The best 2 were PSS and John Mason who quoted around £1330 for 320 sq cubic mtrs for Sutton Coldfield to Auckland (though it is more likely we will be going to Tauranga now). We are not taking the entire contents of our 3 bed as we are buyying some bulky items new over there - sofas, beds. We are going on a search for jobs at some point between Jan and Sept 04 depending on my wifes completion of studies at UCE.

The new look Bull Ring hasn't tempted you to stay then????

Rob
The new bullring, LOL, will be as dated as the last one in a couple of years. I haven't been to Brum for a while, and if I do it's be train, driving is a nightmare!
Had to laugh, today colleague at work went up and said nobody was going into the shops, just looking around, I can well believe that.
Whats your wife studying at UCE? Will it help your application into NZ?

And thanks to all who replied, gives me a ball park figure to work with.

Last edited by GetMeOutOfHere; Sep 5th 2003 at 9:33 pm.