Reload this Page >

stopovers in Dubai

Wikiposts

stopovers in Dubai

Old Dec 28th 2005, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

TheGreenz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default stopovers in Dubai

Hi everyone we are flying out to Mackay on a four year work visa in march 06 and are looking to stopover in Dubai.We are pricing up hotels and I was just wondering if it is worth while paying a bit extra and stay at a beach hotel or use the free shuttles from sister hotels in the town as they seem to be more reasonable,we will have our daughter with us to who will be 16 months. Also any suggestions about hotels would be great too.

Rachel G
Old Dec 28th 2005, 9:36 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: stopovers in Dubai

Originally Posted by TheGreenz
Hi everyone we are flying out to Mackay on a four year work visa in march 06 and are looking to stopover in Dubai.We are pricing up hotels and I was just wondering if it is worth while paying a bit extra and stay at a beach hotel or use the free shuttles from sister hotels in the town as they seem to be more reasonable,we will have our daughter with us to who will be 16 months. Also any suggestions about hotels would be great too.

Rachel G
Hi Rachel,
If you are flying with Emirates they can give you great deals with their stopover hotels - just ask your agent or look it up on their website. The nice thing about booking with Emirates is that you pay per 24 hour, so if you arrive at 11pm and dont leave until 3pm the next day you only pay for one night rather than 2!
Otherwise most hotels ask you to check out at 11am.
To be honest, unless you are complete sun freaks I really wouldnt bother with the beaches - it is incredibly incredibly hot & dusty in Dubai outside. Far nicer for you & your daughter to have access to indoor swimming pools.
Taxis are cheap & plentiful - use them to go places eg the shopping malls or restaurants.
I always use http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g2...ai-Hotels.html to check out the hotels when I stop over.
Any other questions, just ask.
OS