Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Stopovers and Baggage Allowance

Stopovers and Baggage Allowance

Old Mar 15th 2005, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

flumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really nice
Default Stopovers and Baggage Allowance

Emirates give you 40kg luggage allowance on pr visa but beware if you want to stop off en route for a break, it then reverts back to 20kg. Various travel agents were giving the wrong information out - very frustrating and confusing.
Old Mar 15th 2005, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

Pipers Mummy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Stopovers and Baggage Allowance

I'm not sure if EK have their act totally together in regard to extra baggage allowances - it's not only the agents.

The reason I say this is that I travelled out with EK from MAN in January this year, had a week long stopover in Dubai and then went on to Melbourne - and got my 40KG. I booked my ticket through EK and faxed a copy of my visa to their Sales Office in London who upgraded my luggage allowance. At the same time, I had email contact with the E-reservations centre and was advised that I was not entitled to the extra baggage allowance if I had a stopover in DXB..... Hey-Ho.

Might be worth contacting their Sales Office direct?