Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Stopover question - Kuala Lumpur

Stopover question - Kuala Lumpur

Old Sep 28th 2005, 12:46 pm
UK Bound

keep smiling is a jewel in the roughkeep smiling is a jewel in the roughkeep smiling is a jewel in the roughkeep smiling is a jewel in the rough
Question Stopover question - Kuala Lumpur

Hi

Can anyone tell me what HOTEL ANCASA is like for a 4 day stopover in Kuala Lumpur. It is in the Chinatown district and looks great value for money. Has anyone stayed in the Chinatown district ? Or are there better areas to stay where you can make the most of the limited time you have.

Thanks
Old Sep 28th 2005, 1:50 pm
XDA
Forum Regular

XDA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stopover question - Kuala Lumpur

Ths hotel looks very good for the money. The website is good and the rate of £25 per night per room sound to good to be true. I would check this out with a travel agent first.

Have a great trip.

XDA
Old Sep 28th 2005, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by keep smiling
Hi

Can anyone tell me what HOTEL ANCASA is like for a 4 day stopover in Kuala Lumpur. It is in the Chinatown district and looks great value for money. Has anyone stayed in the Chinatown district ? Or are there better areas to stay where you can make the most of the limited time you have.

Thanks
Hi
I do not know the answer to your question but why not post on the travel section of this forum, someone on there might know
Tara
Old Sep 28th 2005, 9:42 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by XDA
The website is good and the rate of £25 per night per room sound to good to be true.
Not in Malaysia.

Hotels are very cheap in the far east. I have stayed in several good hotels in Malaysia for less than that.

G
Old Sep 28th 2005, 10:19 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Try looking them up on www.tripadvisor.com I use it all the time, however, it is personal views and they can very considerably.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

nmccallum has a spectacular aura aboutnmccallum has a spectacular aura aboutnmccallum has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by keep smiling
Hi

Thanks
We didn't stay at this particular hotel when we were in KL, however I do remember walking passed it on my way to Chinatown. So locaton wise - you can't go wrong. I think it's a geat location if you want to walk around and get a real feel for the city. The main road of chinatown is not too far and it's right in middle of the busy area. Also not too far to the Indian district which is full of intersting things.

Word of advice about arriving in KL. To get to the city you can either take the KL express - which is a fast train or a taxi. We just assumed that the train would be a better option, however it stops at the main station in KL, which then requires a further taxi ride to the hotels. I would recommend pricing a taxi direct from the airport to the hotel - coz you can save heaps. We did that to get back to the airport and it was much better. It's about a 30 min train journey into the city and 45 min taxi ride.

Have fun!
Old Sep 28th 2005, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice

I have stayed in the hotel ISTANA and also the swiss garden hotels both were less than £19 per night and both in the golden triangle. Central for everywhere. China town is great to visit for the street markets but I wouldn't want to stay the as it is very busy and very noisey at all times of the day and night.
Change to a hotel in the golden triangle and a taxi to china town costs about 5 ringots = approx £1 sterling
Good luck
Josie
Old Sep 29th 2005, 7:18 am
UK Bound

keep smiling is a jewel in the roughkeep smiling is a jewel in the roughkeep smiling is a jewel in the roughkeep smiling is a jewel in the rough

Thanks everyone,

Some great advice there - I will shop around a bit more before booking anything. Sounds like an interesting place to visit anyway.

Everything okayed for Visa and the house goes for auction today, so hopefully we will be Perthbound soon

Theresa
Old Sep 29th 2005, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice

Yeah we're going to Perth aswell. four weeks at Xmas then making the move April 06
Maybe catch you around
Old Sep 29th 2005, 11:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

We haven't stopped over in KL but my brother-in-law and his wife gave rave reviews to the Hotel Istana in KL. We flew Malaysia in July/Aug and had an extremely pleasant 4 or 5 hours in KLIA in each direction.

OzTennis