Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

STOP OVER IN SIN

STOP OVER IN SIN

Old Nov 20th 2008, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

MUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really nice
Default STOP OVER IN SIN

Just looking at our options with 2 kids age 4 & 5 what to do about a stop over in SIN.
If we go for the 3 to 5 hour stop, is there anything to do for kids. Somewhere for a shower etc.
Or do we get a room for a night, but again is there much to do to de-stress kids.

Then again if anyone thinks another transit airport is better than Sin, please let me know.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 11:23 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: STOP OVER IN SIN

SIN??? where's that lol, do you mean Singapore.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

We had a 2 hour (well supposed to be anyway) re-fuelling stopover at Bangkok with our then 3 and 6 year olds and it seemed rubbish. All we did was get shepherded from departures through customs then into a lift and straight into customs to the departure lounge. It was awful. Perhaps you go to a different area for longer stopovers - bloody hope so. Can't help you with Singapore though.
Lorraine
Old Nov 20th 2008, 11:32 am
Account Closed

deborahjane is an unknown quantity at this point

We always use Singapore as a stopover to Perth, have done for the last 5 years.

We have three children, older than yours but there is so much to do there even for the younger children.

Places include the Zoo, Sentosa Island, with the cable car and lot's of shopping, flower gardens.

We feel it is a nice safe stopover city and have always used The Futurama Hotel which is in a good location.

Will be stopping off there again in January whe we return home to the UK to live.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 11:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing like a bit of sin to start off the new life
Old Nov 20th 2008, 11:40 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Nothing like a bit of sin to start off the new life
Depends what 'sin' you are on about.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

MUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really nice

Just want to keep kids happy. I hate shopping and cant think of any reason to do any on a transit flight.
Just would prefer to fly with Sing
Old Nov 20th 2008, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

If you're only going to be there for 3-5 hours, then you won't want to clear customs, you'll just want to stay in the transit/departures lounge.

It's huge in the terminal I used last year (was with Qantas - term 2 I think?)

There was a swimming pool you can use, and there's a transit hotel, where you can get a room, or you can just use some showers to refresh yourself. There are loads of shops to look around, and loads of places to eat.

I was there an hour on the way and 6 hours on the way back. I never ran out of things to do lol.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 11:45 am
Account Closed

We always fly with Singapore Airlines too. Great airline.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 11:45 am
Just Joined

Gina73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we stopped over in Sin for 15 hours with kids aged 2 and 4. There are hotels in each terminal which u can book in 6 hour slots-quite reasonable if I remember! Lots of stuff for kids as mentioned playgrounds and butterfly gardens and also a pool at one of the terminals and free internet access. Compared to Manchester Airport it's out of this world!
Old Nov 20th 2008, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute

Singapore is a great destination and worth staying for a couple of days if you do decide to stop over.
Otherwise, a few hours in Changi Airport is fabulous! Terrific, safe play areas for the children, free cinema, lovely restful water gardens to laze by, a roof top garden and swimming pool, televisions and internet access, great eating areas. Not to mention some of the loveliest, most reasonably priced shops you'll find in any airport and the superb foot massages available right by the children's play areas!
I have just been advised that our flight is to have an extended 2 hour stopover in Changi and I am secretly delighted. I love this airport, as do my children - there is something for everyone, it is spotlessly clean, beautifully maintained and safe. There are rooms available for longer stopovers and bathroom facilites available if you want to shower.Check it out online.

http://www.changiairport.com
Old Nov 20th 2008, 11:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Depends what 'sin' you are on about.
Well it wasn't a city, even if it is a great one to visit.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 11:52 am
Account Closed

I agree the airport is fantastic too. Very clean and well looked after and lot's to do there. We did stay in the airport last year on our way back as we just wanted to get straight back to Perth as we had stayed for three days on the way out.

It would be worthwhile venturing out though as Singapore is worth a look.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of

Me and the OH are stopping in Singapore for 3 days when we fly out in Feb.

We have decided to stay at the Marina Mandarin, cost £285.00 for both of us for 3 days including return private transfers.

Thanks
Donna.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

Futurama cost us 340 pounds (2 adults, child of 17, 14 an 9) for three days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.