STNI visa

Old Apr 19th 2005, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of
Default STNI visa

Has anyone got any good/bad views on this type of visa, because we havent got enough points for PR we have been thinking about this. Originally we were looking at going to Brisbane but this visa, so I am told, would only be applicable for SA or Victoria any advice on either would be useful please.
I am a staff nurse (ITU) hubby is a quality engineer but is also a qualified prototype sheetmetal worker.
thanks
Old Apr 19th 2005, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of
Default Re: STNI visa

no takers?????
Old Apr 19th 2005, 6:57 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

You might get a better response on the Oz and NZ Immigration forum.

But basically the STNI route gives you PR for less points (and as a nurse you'll have no trouble getting sponsored I would have thought). The only 'drawback' is that you must stay in the state that sponsors you for 2 years.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:46 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by s/nurse
Has anyone got any good/bad views on this type of visa, because we havent got enough points for PR we have been thinking about this. Originally we were looking at going to Brisbane but this visa, so I am told, would only be applicable for SA or Victoria any advice on either would be useful please.
I am a staff nurse (ITU) hubby is a quality engineer but is also a qualified prototype sheetmetal worker.
thanks
SA, Victoria or Tasmania. You still need to meet basic requirements, including that for recent skilled work experience.

If you are just qualified, you could consider the RSMS visa. Any regional area of Australia is ok.

Have you thought of using your husband as the main applicant, if he qualifies?

Jeremy
Old Apr 20th 2005, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

Try http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits - its been a very ueful site to us since we decided on the STNI route.

Good luck.

Hugs
Karen xx
Old Apr 20th 2005, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JAJ
SA, Victoria or Tasmania. You still need to meet basic requirements, including that for recent skilled work experience.

If you are just qualified, you could consider the RSMS visa. Any regional area of Australia is ok.

Have you thought of using your husband as the main applicant, if he qualifies?

Jeremy
We tryed that route but he has'nt worked as a sheetmetal worker for 3 yrs and quality auditor is'nt on MODL list. Currently we are considering letting Go Matilda do our application to get a STNI visa apparently my qualifications will do it? On normal PR I get 115 points but for this one you don't need as many. We have decided try this route because at least it is a PR visa although we have to stay in one place, and I am not tied to one employer as with 457.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TheColebecks
Hi,

Try http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits - its been a very ueful site to us since we decided on the STNI route.

Good luck.

Hugs
Karen xx
Thanks karen I will have a look, have you been to adelaide before?
Old Apr 20th 2005, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

stotty is on a distinguished road

STNI is OK really. At least it gets you into Oz! Adelaide's pretty good for a city - very spacious, open and not too hassled. Nice climate too. Certainly a good place to stay for two years! I don't think the two year rule is that strict either. If you can't find work within, say 6 months then you can move on - you won't be deported!
Old Apr 20th 2005, 7:35 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stotty
STNI is OK really. At least it gets you into Oz! Adelaide's pretty good for a city - very spacious, open and not too hassled. Nice climate too. Certainly a good place to stay for two years! I don't think the two year rule is that strict either. If you can't find work within, say 6 months then you can move on - you won't be deported!

do you know that for sure???? i was told they could kick you out if you didnt stay 2 years?!?!?!
Old Apr 20th 2005, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rooksie
do you know that for sure???? i was told they could kick you out if you didnt stay 2 years?!?!?!
mmmmmmmm thats what I thought?
Old Apr 20th 2005, 8:39 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rooksie
No they will not kick you out. If you cannot find any work in the sponsered state then you can look for work else where. Although this shouldnt be the case as your proffesion will be on their shortage list, so the work should be there.

We are going to Tas through STNI 2 years isnt long if you then want to move on plus as already said you get instant PR.

Kay
Old Apr 20th 2005, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by possoms
No they will not kick you out. If you cannot find any work in the sponsered state then you can look for work else where. Although this shouldnt be the case as your proffesion will be on their shortage list, so the work should be there.

We are going to Tas through STNI 2 years isnt long if you then want to move on plus as already said you get instant PR.

Kay
Are you going though an agent?
Old Apr 20th 2005, 12:21 pm

Are you going though an agent?
Hi yes because of my partners age (45 in May) we only have one chance so thought it best to go through an agent.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi yes because of my partners age (45 in May) we only have one chance so thought it best to go through an agent.
I think we will deffo go with an agent, can I ask how long from aplying did tou get sponsorship? ie when you had you ps TRA did you apply right away?
cheers
Old Apr 21st 2005, 8:30 am

I think we will deffo go with an agent, can I ask how long from aplying did tou get sponsorship? ie when you had you ps TRA did you apply right away?
cheers
Hi, for Tas and I think SA you need positive TRA before you can apply for STNI, Vic you can apply before TRA assement.

In the former you can apply for STNI as soon as your TRA is approved as long as you meet the requirements i.e in our case because my partner had been out of the country for more than 6 months he had to clock 12 months continuous work up before we could apply for STNI, we didnt know this or we would have come back from Oz sooner (we went out there touring).

Also we had to be living together for 12 months for the Defacto case.

The STNI approval came very quickly then we submitted our visa applicaiton at the end of Feb 2005. We are now waiting for them to request Med & PC Checks.

Kay