Reload this Page >

STNI (IT Manager) – Victoria - PR Visa Granted + timelines

STNI (IT Manager) – Victoria - PR Visa Granted + timelines

Old Aug 31st 2006, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

pauljh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default STNI (IT Manager) – Victoria - PR Visa Granted + timelines

Hello all

Never posted here before, but thanks to all those that have before. This has been one of the best sites around for practical information.

I thought people would be interested in our timelines as we have just been granted our Permanent Residence visa

The Visa is a STNI – Victoria (IT Manager)

I don’t have the exact time lines, so these are to the nearest month

Getting references and preparing for ACS application took about 3 months before the application was sent (I had 4 jobs over 6 years to get references from)

Sent documentation to the ACS - October 05
Received approval from ACS - December 05
Sent Visa Application - December 05
Received Acknowledgement - Jan 06
Applied to Victoria for STNI - Jan 06
Received approval from Victoria - March 06 (took 9 weeks)
STNI acknowledged by DIMIA - April 06
Assigned case officer - June 06
Medical Police Checks Requested - June 06
Medical Police Checks Send - July 06
Visa granted - August 06

Our landing date is August 07. Not too sure how this was worked out, appears to be the date that the medical was received, rather than the date of the medical.

There are 5 of us migrating - wife + 3 children + me. We are probably not going until next year as we intend to take advantage of the higher contractor wages over here (It is not as cheap over there as people make out)

We used workpermit.com. I had a few run ins with them, but in reality this was mostly down to my impatience - they were effective and professional throughout.

If anyone is going to be in Melbourne / heading over there in the second half of next year, it would be good to hear from you. We know a few people over there, but are leaving a lot of friends behind here, so it would be great to make some new ones.

I hope this is useful to someone – from reading this and other forums 9 – 10 months appears to be the average for this type of visa. For what it’s worth don’t get stressed (I was unfortunately not able to follow this advice) and be realistic about how long it’s going to take.

Feel free to get in touch if you think I can help out. I cannot promise that I will get back to you quickly and can only really talk about my specific experience and offer moral support, but the offer is there. Good luck and I hope it all works out for you all.

Cheers

Paul
Old Aug 31st 2006, 3:45 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: STNI (IT Manager) – Victoria - PR Visa Granted + timelines

CONGRATULATIONS................................... .................enjoy your celebrations and your new life down under when you go

Loz x
Old Aug 31st 2006, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

ozdreamer will become famous soon enoughozdreamer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by pauljh
Hello all

Never posted here before, but thanks to all those that have before. This has been one of the best sites around for practical information.

I thought people would be interested in our timelines as we have just been granted our Permanent Residence visa

The Visa is a STNI – Victoria (IT Manager)

I don’t have the exact time lines, so these are to the nearest month

Getting references and preparing for ACS application took about 3 months before the application was sent (I had 4 jobs over 6 years to get references from)

Sent documentation to the ACS - October 05
Received approval from ACS - December 05
Sent Visa Application - December 05
Received Acknowledgement - Jan 06
Applied to Victoria for STNI - Jan 06
Received approval from Victoria - March 06 (took 9 weeks)
STNI acknowledged by DIMIA - April 06
Assigned case officer - June 06
Medical Police Checks Requested - June 06
Medical Police Checks Send - July 06
Visa granted - August 06

Our landing date is August 07. Not too sure how this was worked out, appears to be the date that the medical was received, rather than the date of the medical.

There are 5 of us migrating - wife + 3 children + me. We are probably not going until next year as we intend to take advantage of the higher contractor wages over here (It is not as cheap over there as people make out)

We used workpermit.com. I had a few run ins with them, but in reality this was mostly down to my impatience - they were effective and professional throughout.

If anyone is going to be in Melbourne / heading over there in the second half of next year, it would be good to hear from you. We know a few people over there, but are leaving a lot of friends behind here, so it would be great to make some new ones.

I hope this is useful to someone – from reading this and other forums 9 – 10 months appears to be the average for this type of visa. For what it’s worth don’t get stressed (I was unfortunately not able to follow this advice) and be realistic about how long it’s going to take.

Feel free to get in touch if you think I can help out. I cannot promise that I will get back to you quickly and can only really talk about my specific experience and offer moral support, but the offer is there. Good luck and I hope it all works out for you all.

Cheers

Paul

Congrats on getting your visa.

It has definately given us hope as we are hoping to go down the same route as you and apply for state sponsorship to Victoria - hubbie is also an IT Manager. There will be 4 of us - me, hubbie and two boys aged 12 & 9.

We are just in the process of finding an agent to use, so hopefully we will be able to start the application in the next few of weeks.

Amanda
Old Aug 31st 2006, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

pauljh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by loz
CONGRATULATIONS................................... .................enjoy your celebrations and your new life down under when you go

Loz x
Thanks Loz

Good luck with your move
Old Aug 31st 2006, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats.

Hoping to follow you along STNI lines soon..

Steve
Old Aug 31st 2006, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Louiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to behold

Hya Paul

Good to hear your timeline - I have also applied on STNI to Victoria Im a hairdresser and apparently Australians dont have enough stylists to go around. Our State sponsorship took over 6 months to be processed and our application was received in June so we are playing the waiting game, our house is going on the market in the coming weeks so Im hoping to have my visa this side of Christmas as Ive lived in London long enough!
We will be settling in Melbourne in the western suburbs as I have family there.
Good luck with your move and well done on the visa
Louise
Old Aug 31st 2006, 10:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pauljh
Hello all
Welcome to BE and good luck with everything!