Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

STNI application

Wikiposts

STNI application

Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

skyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud of
Default STNI application

Can anyone tell me do I need to wait until my TRA assessment is successful before applying to the STNI ?

ta
Old Apr 18th 2005, 7:12 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: STNI application

Depends which state.

SA then no, but I believe for Victoria you can apply before you have successful TRA.

Not sure about other states....
Old Apr 18th 2005, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

skyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud of

no, i dont have to wait ?

Going Adelaide SA

Originally Posted by bridiej
Depends which state.

SA then no, but I believe for Victoria you can apply before you have successful TRA.

Not sure about other states....
Old Apr 18th 2005, 7:32 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, confusing myself there!!

For SA you need to get TRA first, then apply for STNI nomination.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Kevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really nice

Originally Posted by skyblue
Can anyone tell me do I need to wait until my TRA assessment is successful before applying to the STNI ?

ta
We applied to the Victorian State Government before doing the TRA. Mainly to find out if they would sponsor us before spending money and time doing the TRA.

The Victorian State Government were helpful and allowed us extra time because the TRA had messed us about with our payment.

We applied to the Victorian State Government in June and got a reply after two weeks. The TRA application was sent off in July and we had a positive back in November. Visa application went off in December and we sent our requested medicals and x-rays etc off about three weeks ago.

Waiting 'patiently'!

H & K
Old Apr 18th 2005, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by skyblue

ta
Well, as far as STNI for SA is concerned, yes cos I decided to jump the gun and filled out the STNI form online via the SA government website only to hit the 'return' button and a page appears telling me to now send a "Copy of the skills assessment by the relevant Assessing Authority" ... hubby hasnt even begun to fill out the TRA assessment yet so I hope this wont affect our application The STNI application I filled out carries a File Number so I hope they just access the appropriate file via computer when they receive all the other paperwork rather than having to trawl through months worth of applications to retrieve ours

I dont advise anyone to be as stoopid as me on this one!!

Hugs
Karen x
Old Apr 18th 2005, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your warning, i'll bear that in mind.Just gotta be patient.

Originally Posted by TheColebecks
Well, as far as STNI for SA is concerned, yes cos I decided to jump the gun and filled out the STNI form online via the SA government website only to hit the 'return' button and a page appears telling me to now send a "Copy of the skills assessment by the relevant Assessing Authority" ... hubby hasnt even begun to fill out the TRA assessment yet so I hope this wont affect our application The STNI application I filled out carries a File Number so I hope they just access the appropriate file via computer when they receive all the other paperwork rather than having to trawl through months worth of applications to retrieve ours

I dont advise anyone to be as stoopid as me on this one!!

Hugs
Karen x