stni

Old Mar 5th 2004, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

tootated is an unknown quantity at this point
Question stni

Hi,

We sent andy's cv to victoria two weeks ago, but have had no reply. Can anyone tell me the timelines for replies and just to push it, the chances of them accepting a civil engineer?

Also have i done it correctly as all i said was that we would like to be considered for stni and attached his cv.

lol just in case you haven't noticed i have a hard time dealing with my impatience, hehehe but am working on it.

Thanks

Erica
Old Mar 5th 2004, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

railman2404 is an unknown quantity at this point

we applied in january and received a form back to fill in and send back via email
on doing this received confirmation of receipt and told could take between 8 and 12 weeks
there is a thread on the immigration forum where somebody waited six months to receive nomination

afraid it looks like patience is a virtue but the reward at the end is worth it
railman

then
:PARTY:
Old Mar 5th 2004, 2:47 pm
pools mad

chrisg28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi railman

We applied for victoria stni (mechanical fitter) 6 weeks ago and we are stil waiting for a reply. I get the impression that they are very busy.

chris
Old Mar 5th 2004, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

sdwis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: stni

Originally posted by tootated
Hi,

We sent andy's cv to victoria two weeks ago, but have had no reply. Can anyone tell me the timelines for replies and just to push it, the chances of them accepting a civil engineer?

Also have i done it correctly as all i said was that we would like to be considered for stni and attached his cv.

lol just in case you haven't noticed i have a hard time dealing with my impatience, hehehe but am working on it.

Thanks

Erica
It may depend on where your application falls in the panel review process, as well as their current or projected need for individuals with your skills. Some nominations are given faster than others, but there seems to be no method to the madness. Mine took 5 months for an answer, but it was successful.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: stni

Hi Erica
You probably saw my post about being refused stni and i am a nurse. I was shocked however i wrote to them again and they have sent an apology to me today and have requested I resubmit cv as stated.
Im assuming that they must be inundated with requests for people to go to victoria at the moment?

Im hoping to receive a more positive response soon but again checking the threads it is a waiting game which I cant stand!
Hope this helps.
Irene
Old Mar 5th 2004, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Lol thanks for everyones experiences.

If they do refuse us for stni then my next plan of attack is to try south australia stni as there seems to be a lot of building work going on there.

Lol and if that doesn't work which will take us up to a years time then i will very very nicely ask my aunty who i haven't seen for 15yrs to sponsor us but pay the bond etc that she has to put up.
But that is really a last resort as i would feel guilty about asking her to do all that paperwork.

It is such a pain in the a*** thought especially as for skilled independant we are only 5 points short. But unless we win the lottery we do not have the 100000 dollar bond unless i send andy to work in iraq where he can double his yearly wage for 2 years

oh well hopefully i get to move into a brand new apartment next week that should tide me over for a couple of months

thanks again

erica
Old Mar 5th 2004, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

Why is applying for stni going to take you a year?? am i missing something?
Irene

Lol and if that doesn't work which will take us up to a years time then i will very very nicely ask my aunty who i haven't seen for 15yrs to sponsor us but pay the bond etc that she has to put up.
But that is really a last resort as i would feel guilty about asking her to do all that paperwork.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

lol no the waiting for decisions etc calculated 4 months each time, if i do them one at a time plus other bits and pieces so i am giving my self a year.

The whole impatient scottish b***h improvement scheme
Old Mar 6th 2004, 6:16 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

it takes about 12 weeks on average for a reply, there is a board who meet every 12 weeks to consider applications, if you just sent them a cv they will probably just send you an application form inviting you to apply, do everything via email or fax it is alot quicker