British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Steve Irwin has died (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/steve-irwin-has-died-394532/)

Crikey! Sep 3rd 2006 8:28 pm

Re: Steve Irwin has died

I am so gutted, i loved big Steve Irwin he was great! He was the sort of bloke you watched in awe and disbelief most of the time, but he was also really interesting to listen to and an excellent educator.

As many people have already commented he was a fantastic ambassador for the environment and conservation, and he did alot to promote aus as well, especially beyond the uk, he built up quite a following in the US which is no small feat.

I really wish all his family the best and hope they get through the next couple of months ok, its going to be tough.

A great bloke who will be sorely missed, maybe it's the way he would have wanted to go out, but he will be irreplaceable.

xxx

bleugh Sep 3rd 2006 8:28 pm

i'm gutted :-( for his family

what a guy. I'd planned on meeting him around Christmas!, there are few like him in the world and he'll be hard to replace

toplad Sep 3rd 2006 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by herrchook
So so sad. Eldest (4yo) and I both shed a tear on hearing this news. What an amazing man. I hope his family take some cold comfort from the fact he died doing what he loved. A huge loss, for Australia, for the world and for his family.

RIP Steve, you will be remembered

will be truly missed in our household. top guy doing a top job. hope they have a remberance day for him.

connollys.home Sep 3rd 2006 8:34 pm

OMG I only just saw this, how bloody awful. Such a wonderful man, real zest and enthusiasm for life. He will be greatly missed. Angie :(

ajax4779 Sep 3rd 2006 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by toplad
will be truly missed in our household. top guy doing a top job. hope they have a remberance day for him.

Huge loss to Australia, top guy. RIP Steve

Rudi Sep 3rd 2006 8:46 pm

RIP Steve Irwin. Shocking news.

Rudi :(

kallie Sep 3rd 2006 8:46 pm

Terrible shock,
Deepest sympathy goes to his wife and two kids.
Will be a terrible time ahead of them.

What a great loss, watched him whenever we could, wanted to visit him and the zoo as soon as we arrived with our PR.
In fact, our 14 year old son dreamed of having his traineeshop as a vet later on.
Steve, RIP

Mariette

DianneH68 Sep 3rd 2006 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I know sometimes he takes Bindi out with him on his trips. The first thing that went through my mind was I hope she wasnt on the boat when this happened.

:(

According to http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20349888-2,00.html
"The couple's daughter Bindi, 8, was with her father in north Queensland, Irwin's director and producer John Stainton said from Cairns."

"In an sad twist, it has been reported that his new documentary was aimed at demystifying the stingray. However Mr Stainton said Irwin was filming other footage for a program with Bindi at the time of the attack."

:( :(

TeresaG Sep 3rd 2006 8:50 pm

What awful news. Its so sad.

Thinking of his family.

geordie mandy Sep 3rd 2006 8:51 pm

My 6 year old idolises him, i thought he was brilliant loved his documentary's

I feel for his wife and children. :(

RIP
Mandy

Clippy Sep 3rd 2006 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by DianneH68
According to http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20349888-2,00.html
"The couple's daughter Bindi, 8, was with her father in north Queensland, Irwin's director and producer John Stainton said from Cairns."

"In an sad twist, it has been reported that his new documentary was aimed at demystifying the stingray. However Mr Stainton said Irwin was filming other footage for a program with Bindi at the time of the attack."

:( :(

Oh how awful, poor girl :(

frankie.p Sep 3rd 2006 9:00 pm

RIP Steve, My sister is in tears, she absolutely adored him, been crying for past 4 hours.
RIP CROC HUNTER!
1962 - 2006

Hearts go to family and those who knew his best!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Grayling Sep 3rd 2006 9:04 pm

A sad loss :(

G

liver bird Sep 3rd 2006 9:15 pm

so upset about steve irwin..

it puts all this visa stuff into perspective. Have been in tears as Australia Zoo was on our top list as we thought he and his family were fantastic. He was such an unique, loveable man. My heart goes out to his poor family and his children. So awful. Sorry for such a miserable post but it's really made me upset.

mumomonty Sep 3rd 2006 9:17 pm

Extremely sad; he was fabulous. The good die young they say.
He really did contribute such a lot to this world for the animals.