British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Steve Irwin has died (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/steve-irwin-has-died-394532/)

cantwait Sep 4th 2006 5:37 am

Re: Steve Irwin has died

Originally Posted by gedge
um... crikey!
when all is said and done he was a great ambassador for Australia

Such a great loss he is a fantastic ambassador for wildlife around the world,

i'm just off to the zoo now with some flowers, i actually work in the wildlife hospital at the zoo so i know how hard he works, a great loss to everyone who knows him, i can't get my head round the fact that he's dead.

Swerv-o Sep 4th 2006 5:40 am

Originally Posted by cantwait

i'm just off to the zoo now with some flowers, i actually work in the wildlife hospital at the zoo so i know how hard he works, a great loss to everyone who knows him, i can't get my head round the fact that he's dead.

Yes, there are some people who you think will just keep going, and as Vash said, appear pretty indestructable.

Another notable example being John Peel.

S

Bordy Sep 4th 2006 5:41 am

I was snorkelling off low Isle where it happened only a few weeks ago, scary thought.

Must have been one of his less risky documentrys he was filming. Certainly looks like a good case of "when your times up, your times up.

RIP Steve Irwin.

Irish Aussie Teen Sep 4th 2006 5:41 am

Its so sad, His poor family. rest in peace :(

CathnPaul Sep 4th 2006 5:41 am

My cousin also works at the zoo and agree with you about how hard he worked. Our sympathies will go to all...not just his family. x x x x

vivi Sep 4th 2006 5:44 am

Just heard and feel like a friend has died. We just live down the road from the zoo and have been there taking injured wild life. He will leave a large gap not only with family and friends but with conservation world wide.
People mocked him about his behaviour but he had a passion for all animals that can not be repeated. He was the idol of many a child and hopefully his wishes about looking after the animals and the environment will be adhered to.
The greatest of sympathy to his family.

sunbather Sep 4th 2006 5:47 am

My thoughts are with his wife and children.

RIP Steve. I'm certain your name and hard work will live on for decades.

jad n rich Sep 4th 2006 5:48 am

We see the family about mooloolaba, and his wife and kids at maroochydore quite a bit, would be absolutely devastating for them all, media circus aside, in real life they seem like a very, very close happy family. Very sad.

sydney06 Sep 4th 2006 5:56 am

How terribly terribly sad. This is a terrible loss. A great passionate, enthusiastic man who who devoted his life to educating people about wildlife and saving and proctecting spieces around the world. He will never be forgotten and i am sure that all of his hard work will continue through all of his projects that he has running.

My thoughts go out to his family, friends and all those who worked with him.

He has made a massive difference to how people view wildlife not only in Australia but around the world.

He will be sadly missed but never forgotten.

jimtrish Sep 4th 2006 5:59 am

Im devastated, my thoughts are with Terri, Bindi and Robert

Trish

NickyP Sep 4th 2006 6:01 am

I just saw this on the news :scared: my kids will be gutted.
I really feel for his family :(
RIP
Nicky :(

macy Sep 4th 2006 6:08 am

Originally Posted by NickyP
I just saw this on the news :scared: my kids will be gutted.
I really feel for his family :(
RIP
Nicky :(

How awful, a reminder that life is short and we do need to make the most of each day, we say it a lot but things like this do remind us that our normal everyday worries are not so important.

Cheetah7 Sep 4th 2006 6:10 am

Does anyone know if they have managed to get hold of Terri yet?

:(

Hels Bells Sep 4th 2006 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

Looks like they have...

sunbather Sep 4th 2006 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

They have just reported that she has been informed.