Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sterling just dropped through the 2:1 barrier

Sterling just dropped through the 2:1 barrier

Old May 7th 2009, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold
Default Sterling just dropped through the 2:1 barrier

Currently at 1:98
Old May 7th 2009, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

teppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really nice
Default Re: Sterling just dropped through the 2:1 barrier

This could be very painfull.....
Old May 7th 2009, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

teppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really nice

Wish I had Euros....
Old May 7th 2009, 12:44 pm
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

I'm dumb - does this mean it is better to change $AU to £ or £ to $AU?
Old May 7th 2009, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kar-kier
I'm dumb - does this mean it is better to change $AU to £ or £ to $AU?
$ to GBP i.e. if you are in Australia and sitting on dollars it is good news. It you are waiting to emigrate to Aus it is bad........very bad.
Old May 7th 2009, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Kassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to all

$$$$$$$$$$$hhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttt
Old May 7th 2009, 12:52 pm
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MartinH
$ to GBP i.e. if you are in Australia and sitting on dollars it is good news. It you are waiting to emigrate to Aus it is bad........very bad.
Thanks for that. I'm here so I guess i should be happy then
Old May 7th 2009, 12:52 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Currently at 1:98
Just shows what a good job NULabour and Blair, Brown, Darling etc etc having done running (ruinning ) the UK economy.
Old May 7th 2009, 12:53 pm
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point

I just love it...... this is what I love, some luck on the aussie side, cant wait to get the puuunds for a visit back this year....

Bring it on, get it 1:1
Old May 7th 2009, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

The silver lining is that I get a better rate pating off the ol UK credit card!!!
Old May 7th 2009, 12:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

And if you've got accounts in both countries, transfer all your dollars to the UK!

This is not financial advice,

JTL
Old May 7th 2009, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

That rather depends on what happens in the future.... if the A$ drops to say £1 = A$1.50, then people will be kicking themselves that they didn't change their sterling now....

However, historically speaking, sterling is seriously down in the dumps compared with the Aussie $. Funnily enough, sterling is significantly up against the US$ over the last few weeks (so either Gordon and co are doing OK or Obama is doing very badly), but that increase is less than the strengthening of the A$ over the US$ so sterling has weakened against the A$.
Old May 7th 2009, 1:03 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
And if you've got accounts in both countries, transfer all your dollars to the UK!

This is not financial advice,

JTL
Only if you want to end up with Euros
Old May 7th 2009, 1:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Only if you want to end up with Euros
I'm obviously lacking in UK news? Is the UK joining the Euro?

JTL
Old May 7th 2009, 1:16 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Sterling just dropped through the 2:1 barrier

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I'm obviously lacking in UK news? Is the UK joining the Euro?

JTL
If you believe the Daily Mail, Britain joined it 10 years ago and we've been crushed by the iron jackboots of Brussels ever since.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.