Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sterling just dropped through the 2:1 barrier

Sterling just dropped through the 2:1 barrier

Old May 8th 2009, 5:16 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sterling just dropped through the 2:1 barrier

Our eyes must also be on our big customers - China, Japan and the US. I just hope the budget predictions are realistic as royalties from exports are dropping.
Originally Posted by renth
Possibly. I think the big difference is Australia hasn't begun printing money like the US and UK. If they start (which I think is very unlikely) then the AUD will tank and we will be in all sorts of s**t - a lot worse than anything we may be in for at the moment.
Old May 8th 2009, 7:16 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

I brought all my savings over a few months back at 2.54 and just sent it all back at 2.00!! We are talking a fair amount of money. Can anyone tell me if the proffit is liable for any kind of tax?? Plan was to wait until it hopefully goes up again within the next 12 months are bring it back over again.
Old May 8th 2009, 9:59 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just sitting here waiting for a whole pageful of numbers from ABCDiamond which will make everything clear <g>.
Old May 8th 2009, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

teppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really nice

This is a view through ABC's eyes

http://blog.benchside.com/wp-content.../01/matrix.jpg
Old May 8th 2009, 12:26 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Good news for me too .....

That £xxx I paid for my FA Cup Final ticket won't seem so bad now I have to justify the trip back somehow!!!

Old May 8th 2009, 1:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinH
Currently at 1:98
Holy Mary Mother of Jesus!
Old May 8th 2009, 3:48 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

it's been as low as 1.94 (according to the rates in the paper anyway, not sure if these are the ones quoted on here as they are tourist rates?).

They had better go up before I go over to validate in September and move next year. It's all about me y'know!

Old May 8th 2009, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

hannash is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RedT
it's been as low as 1.94 (according to the rates in the paper anyway, not sure if these are the ones quoted on here as they are tourist rates?).

They had better go up before I go over to validate in September and move next year. It's all about me y'know!

that is very funny ,like the way you just dropped that in
Old May 8th 2009, 3:55 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hannash
that is very funny ,like the way you just dropped that in

Old May 8th 2009, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

how did it feel when you found out you got your visa ?
Old May 8th 2009, 4:23 pm
not sure...

Originally Posted by hannash
how did it feel when you found out you got your visa ?
Weird! We were elated of course as we had a few delays on the way but it was great to get it eventually. However we're not moving until next year anyway so there was a bit of an anti-climax and frustration at having it and not being able to go right now!

do you have yours yet?

Tx
Old May 8th 2009, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

no we havnt got a co yet im a bricklayer and got taken of the csl so god knows how long it will take,if i had the visa today for talk sake there is no way i would go ,if i had a lot of money i would go quicker but the way things are with house prices weve no chance
Old May 12th 2009, 11:18 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I see it's back over $2.
Old May 12th 2009, 11:25 am
not sure...

Where do you check the rates if you don't mind me asking? Do you use tourist rates or are there other rates for money transfers etc?

ta!

Tx
Old May 12th 2009, 11:44 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Where do you check the rates if you don't mind me asking? Do you use tourist rates or are there other rates for money transfers etc?

ta!

Tx
www.ozforex.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.