British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Sterling £££ lot's yum yum ... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/sterling-%C3%82%C2%A3%C3%82%C2%A3%C3%82%C2%A3-lots-yum-yum-154591/)

terryg May 24th 2003 5:56 pm

Originally posted by Sandra
Well past bedtime for most...I am in IT and have laptop will work!!!! But I also have fun too posting here 3.22am here Sydney time.

Averge persons luck??...I hope they have more than me 50/4000 = 1.25% over two years? Was stating it is not a sure investment, yes I will stand you a Guinness when I win the mil.

...but then that first 50 pound win came in .......I loved it!!!!

Cheers
Hi Sandra

seems like your luck is well below average, eh ?

Also, premium bond prizes are tax free in the UK whereas building society interest is subject to tax.

Keep ya fingas X'd mate

:) :) :lecture:

Sandra May 24th 2003 6:05 pm

Originally posted by terryg
Hi Sandra

seems like your luck is well below average, eh ?

Also, premium bond prizes are tax free in the UK whereas building society interest is subject to tax.

Keep ya fingas X'd mate

:) :) :lecture:
Extra lucky though me.......I have not won since I have been in AUS , therefore I do not have to pay the 40% tax on any wins.

I would not be up but cannot get my PS GP process to work!

sad unlucky sod me!

terryg May 24th 2003 6:08 pm

Extra lucky though me.......I have not won since I have been in AUS , therefore I do not have to pay the 40% tax on any wins.

I would not be up but cannot get my PS GP process to work!

sad unlucky sod me!
Sandra

Youre showing off now - bragging that you were in the 40% tax brax in UK
:) :) :)

Incidentally whats PS GP - playstation Grand prix ???? :D :D :D

Sandra May 24th 2003 6:15 pm

Sandra

Youre showing off now - bragging that you were in the 40% tax brax in UK
:) :) :)

Incidentally whats PS GP - playstation Grand prix ???? :D :D :D

nope 48% plus bracket in AUS......easy done, over $60K here, whoops the budget moved it up a bit $62Kish come July...

agreed I was being a bore....GP = Global Payroll with PS = PeopleSoft, hence being an even more complete and utter bore about payroll and taxes.

I wish I wish it was computer games, anyone play Age of Empire???

cheers

terryg May 24th 2003 6:17 pm

nope 48% plus bracket in AUS......easy done, over $60K here, whoops the budget moved it up a bit $62Kish come July...

agreed I was being a bore....GP = Global Payroll with PS = PeopleSoft, hence being an even more complete and utter bore about payroll and taxes.

I wish I wish it was computer games, anyone play Age of Empire???

cheers
Peoplesft - yeh thats sad - specially at this time

:D :D

48% but only 1.5% medicare and No national Ins at about £250 per month

Sandra May 24th 2003 6:40 pm

Peoplesft - yeh thats sad - specially at this time

:D :D

48% but only 1.5% medicare and No national Ins at about £250 per month

You are of course a skit :D :scared:

PS skills are still on the MODL list

UK work out 40% for tax (kicks in abut 35K pounds - depending on personal taxation level) but NI rates are at 11% depending on NI contribution level (company pension dependent) to an upper level (much lower than the 40% tax bracket level), 1% only after that. Makes a maximum of 41% if in top bracket. And currently there is a bit gap between 40% tax bracket rate and NI Upper earning level

AUS - 48% top rate and then you have medicare level...this starts at $62K = 2.5 coverversion = approx 24K pounds. And before you all jump on me and shout I know you do not earn the same in AUS and it all goes further etc. I agree, but I live in Sydney....and it is the same same, I am looking for IT contracts back in the UK, to work six months and earn rates there and bring back and happily pay 48% plus tax.........

And just incase you all jump on me further, I am in AUS, liking it very much, I just know what I know for me and I have my own opinion for me and mine ;)

goodness I hope I made sense...back to my payroll box!!!!!!!!!

cresta57 May 24th 2003 9:30 pm

[i]I wish I wish it was computer games, anyone play Age of Empire???

cheers
I do Sandra managed to get the whole lot on disc in Thiland inc. all the add-ons . My son and I play each other via an ethernet card.