Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ste and Leigh's thoughts on Oz......

Ste and Leigh's thoughts on Oz......

Old Oct 17th 2004, 9:48 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ste and Leigh's thoughts on Oz......

Don't worry Phoenix, any victims round here will shortly be retiring from the forum as regards advice and opinions on Oz, and will only post on inane drinking threads.
As I've said before, if people coming here already know what they are coming to, whats the point in us Aus residents posting.
Old Oct 17th 2004, 9:55 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Don't worry Phoenix, any victims round here will shortly be retiring from the forum as regards advice and opinions on Oz, and will only post on inane drinking threads.
As I've said before, if people coming here already know what they are coming to, whats the point in us Aus residents posting.
Now you know that's NOT what I mean Polly

It's all about PERSPECTIVE / CONTEXT and BALANCE

THAT'S what I mean my friend

Old Oct 17th 2004, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

How very sad that a thread I started about how we are finding life to be for us, has turned into a bit of a slanging match.

Makes you feel like going off and enjoying life and not bothering to post anymore.

Still, I am sure there are some folks who are interested to hear how we are getting on, and we will perhaps provide some info along the way to give to others, as others have done before for us, just like Polly and Phoenix have both done in the past.

Now be nice.

Best wishes, leigh. xx
Old Oct 17th 2004, 10:09 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

With a starting line out of Jerry Springer it is no surprise the thread has gone on. Personally I find most off the plane posts irrelevant to me but I am sure they mean plenty to those in the same situation or those that are about to migrate. Lumping people into brigades is daft and is as unhelpful to all.

As to whether people's views change over the years, maybe, but their perceptions and observations become richer and more insightful and their posts will resonate more with those who have lived here a while.

All have their place here and we all learn off each other, even if we disagree.
Old Oct 17th 2004, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=bondipom]"With a starting line out of Jerry Springer it is no surprise the thread has gone on."

Got out of bed the wrong side this morning did we?
Old Oct 17th 2004, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Geeez..i give up... i'm retiring to my verandah to watch the boats sail by
Old Oct 17th 2004, 10:28 pm
scoobydoo

Originally Posted by Pollyana

I love everybodys posts and all posts, whether they be the "its paradise here" or "we hate it and want to go home" , they are all of value.

The thing is that people may think they know what they are coming to BUT they don't know how they are going to react to it all. Hearing all aspects of peoples reactions to emigrating helps others feel that they are not the only ones in that situation.

Polly...don't stop posting....and don't take what others say to heart. They are not in your shoes and your posts are reality for you. Some of your posts have made me feel that I am experiencing normal feelings to being here, yet if all I read are posts about how wonderful it is or how awful it is here I would feel incredibly inadequate.

Everyone needs to be given support no matter how much or how little they winge about it here.
If things suddenly go pearshaped for someone who previously stated that it was paradise here, I am sure that they would appreciate a lot of support and not be told to stop whinging and go home.

Old Oct 17th 2004, 10:28 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by podgypossum
Geeez..i give up... i'm retiring to my verandah to watch the boats sail by

Yep....and I'll retire to my garden to watch the cars sail by [lots of rain this morning ]

Old Oct 17th 2004, 11:18 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Stan,

It's all your fault.....you started this thread.
I've booked my flight and will be arriving in Cairns on Halloween day especially to put you over my knee.

I'm bringing my own water as the Aus stuff is obviously playing tricks on people. I think there is a little too much reading between the lions

Remember, I am king of the jungle so lets all behave or I shall have to wield my new power and lock this thread.

Take this image as a reminder
Attached Thumbnails Ste and Leigh's thoughts on Oz......-beware-dog.jpeg  
Old Oct 17th 2004, 11:22 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by Bix
Stan, I'm bringing my own water as the Aus stuff is obviously playing tricks on people. I think there is a little too much reading between the lions

Yeh...but your water makes you read between the loins Bixy

Old Oct 17th 2004, 11:24 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Did you see where I hid my bone then ?
Old Oct 17th 2004, 11:26 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by Bix
Did you see where I hid my bone then ?
No....I just thought you had four legs big boy :scared:

Old Oct 17th 2004, 11:41 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

But why does the water make you red between the loins ?
Old Oct 17th 2004, 11:45 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by Bix
But why does the water make you red between the loins ?

May be in your case it's the friction Bix

Old Oct 17th 2004, 11:49 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
May be in your case it's the friction Bix
I love friction

I also like the odd autobiography though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.