Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Statutory Declarations 'They moved the goal posts'

Statutory Declarations 'They moved the goal posts'

Old Nov 7th 2003, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

koala_mac is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, "phew" a bit - we're also lucky because my dad got his citizenship when we lived there first time round, and we have family & friends that we can promise gifts ( )to if they say they are looking forward to meeting my beloved

thanks for the reassurance pollyanna, and best of luck with all the wedding arrangements - hope the new life is treating you well.

simone - get the champagne down you - hope you both have a great day!

K_M
Old Nov 7th 2003, 12:07 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Originally posted by welshboybilly
oh dont worry about us spouse visa people, we will be fine.

oops sorry...bit of a shit attitude aint it....

But you should have if its a spouse visa at least people out there whom no of you...shouldnt you...via your spouse whos already out there...or am I being nieve....
Old Nov 7th 2003, 12:20 pm
WBB

Originally posted by peppi
oops sorry...bit of a shit attitude aint it....

But you should have if its a spouse visa at least people out there whom no of you...shouldnt you...via your spouse whos already out there...or am I being nieve....

no, you are right really, as my de facto is australian i do have rellies out there but i am not sure that would apply to all "spouse" type visa's.

it is a good job this was posted as i had no idea you had to get stat decs from an ozzy.

Old Nov 7th 2003, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

koala_mac is an unknown quantity at this point

Peppi - not necessarily. I have dual citizenship, but only because I was born in Aus to British parents while my dad was working out there - no real reason that we would have rellies there (though as it happens, we do).

In any case, turns out my initial panic wasn't necessary - my brother also has dual nationality so he can do the second stat dec (along with my dad who got citizenship when we lived there). Can you believe I forgot about that!!! Doh!!!
Old Nov 7th 2003, 2:57 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

So, thats me confused!!
As we will be applying for skilled ind on my quals, do we have to get stat decs too? (we aint married, and def arent about to!!)

Doesnt take much to get me confused does it??

sue
Old Nov 8th 2003, 7:13 am
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Dont know for sure...but would imagine you will have to get some sort of declaration from somebody to verfiy your relationship and all the other bits and bobs to prove you are a couple...would imagine the decs could be from someone here though..doesnt hurt to put one in does it...just incase...
Old Nov 8th 2003, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
So, thats me confused!!
As we will be applying for skilled ind on my quals, do we have to get stat decs too? (we aint married, and def arent about to!!)

Doesnt take much to get me confused does it??

sue

sue as me and des live over the brush (as my mum called it) we had to provide details of our life together, eg joint bank statements utility bills and a stat dec form signed by the solictor to say we are together, otherwise no other proof was needed as your a nurse it shoudnt be a problem if you want any further info pm me

arlene
Old Nov 8th 2003, 7:38 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Simone, only just saw your posts in this thread, hope you had a fabulous day & didnt lock yourself in the toilets & refuse to come out like I did! LOL.

When you get back make sure you post a thread telling us all about it & as Polly said, perhaps a pic or 2.

I just LOVE weddings (especially since my own is over & done with haha)