Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Statutory Declaration - example

Statutory Declaration - example

Old Apr 28th 2002, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice
Default Statutory Declaration - example

Hi gang

I've been asked by a number of people how best to word their statutory declaration form. For all of you who are interested this is how we did ours:

We wrote out what we wanted to include and then our solicitor turned it into a stat dec.

You will (obviously) need to put in stuff that is relevant to you, but basically AHC must've been happy with it because as I keep saying on the site we had our spouse visa processed within 6 weeks )

STATUTORY DECLARATION

I (insert name) of (insert their home address here) do SOLEMNLY AND SINCERELY DECLARE as follows:-

1. The marriage of Sophia & Gareth Williams is a genuine and ongoing one.

2. I first met Gareth Williams in 1996 when he began a relationship with my daughter.

3. They have been living together since 1997 and were engaged in 1999.

4. I know that Gareth and Sophia have loved and supported each other through some very trying and emotional times, including Sophia's illness and the birth of their son Austin.

5. I gave Sophia away at their marriage in 2001 and have absolutely no doubts that they will remain together in a happy and ongoing marriage.

AND I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of the provisions of the Statutory Declarations Act 1835.

DECLARED at Wakefield
by the said (insert above named person) this .... day of ..... 2002.

Then the solicitor who witnessed the signing hand wrote: before me (inserted her name)

Obviously you need to change it a bit as your circumstances will be different to ours, but if there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to email me.

We changed the wording slightly for the second one as it was a friend of Gareth's who agreed to do one, so the details were different.

Also, YES the declarees (is that the right word....is it even a proper word???) have to be present, they have to swear in front of the witnessing solicitor that they are who they say they are and that the decs are true etc.

Good luck with it all, and just one more thing, we only paid £5 for each stat dec and we paid that to the witnessing solicitor and NOT to the one who drew up the document...he didn't charge us anything (and we got him to do all the certified copies of documents for nothing too!!!)

We had my husband's visa processed within 6 weeks, so we must have done something right. You can see other spouse application timelines on
http://www.austimeline.com/index.jsp

love sophia x