Reload this Page >

Statutory Declaration - English JotP

Statutory Declaration - English JotP

Old Nov 14th 2002, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

PaulDClark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Statutory Declaration - English JotP

Hi list,

This topic has been covered before, but as ever doesn't specifically cover my question, so apologies for covering old ground...

I have to get a reference from an employer who has gone into liquidation and reading this forum it seems that a former colleague is enough.

By a happy set of circumstances I am still in contact, and loosely working with my ex-boss of the time. He lives and commutes out of Australia (long story), is a full Aussy citizen and is happy to give me a reference and a statutory declaration, however when I asked I didn't realise that not just anyone could witness the thing.

My next door neighbour here in the UK is an English Justice of the Peace (a Magistrate) and he is happy to sign this kind of stuff for me. I am meeting my former boss at the end of the month when he is here and can do the signing then. Is the English Magistrate enough for this, or is it best to pay him to take it to an Aussy Solicitor?

Many thanks

Paul