Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Statutory Declaration - English JotP

Statutory Declaration - English JotP

Old Nov 14th 2002, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Ashford, Kent
Posts: 191
PaulDClark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Statutory Declaration - English JotP

Hi list,

This topic has been covered before, but as ever doesn't specifically cover my question, so apologies for covering old ground...

I have to get a reference from an employer who has gone into liquidation and reading this forum it seems that a former colleague is enough.

By a happy set of circumstances I am still in contact, and loosely working with my ex-boss of the time. He lives and commutes out of Australia (long story), is a full Aussy citizen and is happy to give me a reference and a statutory declaration, however when I asked I didn't realise that not just anyone could witness the thing.

My next door neighbour here in the UK is an English Justice of the Peace (a Magistrate) and he is happy to sign this kind of stuff for me. I am meeting my former boss at the end of the month when he is here and can do the signing then. Is the English Magistrate enough for this, or is it best to pay him to take it to an Aussy Solicitor?

Many thanks

PaulDClark is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.