Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

statutory declaration

statutory declaration

Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:10 am
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold
Default statutory declaration

Hi All,
I've been asked to provide a statutory declaration along with my tra app as some of the firms I've worked for are now gone! I have some very old references which I must enclose with a statutory declaration to say they no longer trade.Any ideas on the layout of such a doc??
i've looked at microsoft home pages but it all looks greek to me! any ideas??
any help would be gratefull,just need an idea of what they want.
Cheers
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:25 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: statutory declaration

Originally Posted by rugbymad
Hi All,
I've been asked to provide a statutory declaration along with my tra app as some of the firms I've worked for are now gone! I have some very old references which I must enclose with a statutory declaration to say they no longer trade.Any ideas on the layout of such a doc??
Cheers
somone has template here but basically its a simple form you can make yourself:

I, (name) OF (town, county)
make the following:

(say what you gotta say)

then some reference about you making a solemn declaration blah blah

signed............ witness(JP etc).............

nothing to worry yourself about
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:29 am
Account Closed

fishface is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi these are very common in oz and your nearby friendly justice of the peace will do it for you.
When we were in the uk we got a solicitor to do one for us. should have cost a fiver, but they did it for free along with all our house stuff.
I seem to remember on the dima web site a form you could download for this good luck mate!
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:32 am
Banned

Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

your stat dec should be something like a declaration that tells dimia about the companies you worked for and when they went under (if you know)
Just use simple matter of fact point form like:

I worked for abc company from 1979 to 2000
I was employed as market research manager
Abc company ceased trading as a business in september 2002 (or) I have no information about when abc company ceased trading

hope this helps
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:42 am
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
your stat dec should be something like a declaration that tells dimia about the companies you worked for and when they went under (if you know)
Just use simple matter of fact point form like:

I worked for abc company from 1979 to 2000
I was employed as market research manager
Abc company ceased trading as a business in september 2002 (or) I have no information about when abc company ceased trading

hope this helps
Thanks all.does it have to be signed by a witness as he will have no idea that these companies no longer exsist? I do have old refernces from these companys,if i enclose them with something signed by me along the lines you suggest,would that be good enough do you reckon?
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

ken.rooney is a jewel in the roughken.rooney is a jewel in the roughken.rooney is a jewel in the roughken.rooney is a jewel in the roughken.rooney is a jewel in the rough

As i remember your stat dec has to be witnessed by someone of standing ie JP, solicitor, etc along with all your qualifications bith certs etc.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:49 am
Banned

Thanks all.does it have to be signed by a witness as he will have no idea that these companies no longer exsist? I do have old refernces from these companys,if i enclose them with something signed by me along the lines you suggest,would that be good enough do you reckon?
what you say in a stat dec doesnt matter to the witness. he/she's only signing to say you declare, thats all. she dont have to have any knowledge of the facts as to the way youre declaring them
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:51 am
Running on the spot.

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
what you say in a stat dec doesnt matter to the witness. he/she's only signing to say you declare, thats all. she dont have to have any knowledge of the facts as to the way youre declaring them
Thanks all for the great response,i'll get it done asap,this tra app is so complicated,never thought it would take so long,you forget where all the papers go,what with house moves etc,looking back at over 20 years of paperwork and sorting it getting it signed,still nearly done.thanks again
Old Dec 5th 2005, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

ozbear is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
Cheers
I 'v filled a a statutory declaration form as a witness to prove the marriage relationship between one of my friends and his wife for immigration purpose, which may be helpful:

step 1: I went to a post office to buy a statutory declaration form, a few AUDs only, and it looks like a small book with several pages. It was another friend told me so, and I had no idea how to do it before.

step 2: According to the instruction on the form, I filled my statements on the form, just saying I often saw the couple go to movie, restaurant, and shopping together. However, I did not sign the form yet as required in the instruction on the form.

step 3, Also according to the instruction on the form, I went to the local court house. The staff at the receiption (a lady) asked whether I fill the form by myself and agree with the statement on it, I said yes. Then she asked me to sign the form on site, and then she signed it as well, also stamped with some seal. All is done. She did not even asked for my ID or something else.

My friend mailed my statutory declaration form to immigration department, and finnally his application is approved.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 2:04 pm
Running on the spot.

Originally Posted by ozbear
I 'v filled a a statutory declaration form as a witness to prove the marriage relationship between one of my friends and his wife for immigration purpose, which may be helpful:

step 1: I went to a post office to buy a statutory declaration form, a few AUDs only, and it looks like a small book with several pages. It was another friend told me so, and I had no idea how to do it before.

step 2: According to the instruction on the form, I filled my statements on the form, just saying I often saw the couple go to movie, restaurant, and shopping together. However, I did not sign the form yet as required in the instruction on the form.

step 3, Also according to the instruction on the form, I went to the local court house. The staff at the receiption (a lady) asked whether I fill the form by myself and agree with the statement on it, I said yes. Then she asked me to sign the form on site, and then she signed it as well, also stamped with some seal. All is done. She did not even asked for my ID or something else.

My friend mailed my statutory declaration form to immigration department, and finnally his application is approved.
Thanks again all,i've now sent a email to tra people asking exactly what they want,figured it's better to be sure,couldn't stand them bouncing it back for 1 bit of paperwork! I'll post the results up here to give others details.
thanks again all