Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Statuary Declaration!

Statuary Declaration!

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 11:20 am
tricky nicky

tricky is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Statuary Declaration!

Can anyone tell me what kind of information they require from two Australian Residents or Citizens regarding statuary declarations for partner migration, do they require personal information or is it just that I no sowing sow and they are having a relationship and it is genuine and continuing.
Thanks
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 12:08 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Statuary Declaration!

Originally Posted by tricky
Can anyone tell me what kind of information they require from two Australian Residents or Citizens regarding statuary declarations for partner migration, do they require personal information or is it just that I no sowing sow and they are having a relationship and it is genuine and continuing.
Thanks
Have you got form 888 yet? I sent it over to my Father and Brother in Law yesterday and they is just going to give their opinion of our relationship, that they think is will last and is genuine.

We've been together ages and have a child though, so I'm not sure how much Dimia will really care about them.
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Laurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really nice

Read page 21 of Booklet 1. Basically it says that two people who know both of you need to make a statement abou your relationship. I would imagine that this could be as simple as saying that they know you, and believe that you are in a genuine and loving relationship. Possibly they could relate some stories of time that they have spent with you and your partner, and how they have seen your relationship progress.
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 1:11 pm
My thumbs have gone weird

thepoacher is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Statuary Declaration!

Thanks
I got my Dad and my Brother as my two Australian citizens. They just wrote a paragraph saying that they believed we were in a genuine loving relationship and that we had visited them as a couple socially many times etc...

Our defacto spouse Visa winged through in just 2 days so I'd guess that's all they wanted
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 1:54 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

I no sowing sow and they are having a relationship and it is genuine and continuing.
Thanks

Yup thats all the want....
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
For ours (defacto) we got then to include the stuff you mentioned, plus occasions we've spent together with them such as holidays, xmas, etc. One said stuff about how long we had been in the work force, uni degrees, and that they'd support us in which way they could etc when we got there.

We provided 5 Form 888s - which in retrospect may have OTT, but if you can, try to provide more than the minimum. We got Matt's visa through within 2 days, without an agent.

My family and friends (in Oz) went down to local council to get their forms and passport copies signed for free.
Old Mar 4th 2005, 10:43 am
tricky nicky

tricky is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Statuary Declaration!

Do they send you form 888 stat dec with the application form or do you have to request them from DIMIA ?
Old Mar 4th 2005, 12:16 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

If you hand in the application in person, they'll most likely give them to you right there. If you mail it, you'll get them with your acknowledgement letter.

Siren