Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Statistics......... re Scottish applicants!!!

Statistics......... re Scottish applicants!!!

Old May 26th 2006, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to all
Default Statistics......... re Scottish applicants!!!

Spoke with someone today from the an immigration doctors and she gave me some stats.

Here goes!!!!!

96% of people who apply from Scotland get accepted, of the 4% not accepted right away 2% appeal and get in on second round, possibly another medical or further investigations. The other 2% are those who have extreme medical conditions that would be a drain on the Australian Health Department and those people would surely know of their medical conditions before applying.

Not much into stats but looking at these I know I feel a whole lot better about having to wait all this time for our visas.

Keep your chin up everyone who is still waiting (us included) and for those who have theirs - good luck.

Sandra
x
Old May 26th 2006, 7:51 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Statistics......... re Scottish applicants!!!

Originally Posted by Sandra and Jim
Spoke with someone today from the an immigration doctors and she gave me some stats.

Here goes!!!!!

96% of people who apply from Scotland get accepted, of the 4% not accepted right away 2% appeal and get in on second round, possibly another medical or further investigations. The other 2% are those who have extreme medical conditions that would be a drain on the Australian Health Department and those people would surely know of their medical conditions before applying.

Not much into stats but looking at these I know I feel a whole lot better about having to wait all this time for our visas.

Keep your chin up everyone who is still waiting (us included) and for those who have theirs - good luck.

Sandra
x
Wow, that's quite a high rate of acceptance, I would have thought it was lower - just goes to show you!

I thought you'd have something by now Sandra - fingers crossed you get new soon.

Gill
Old May 26th 2006, 7:57 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to sound cynical here, but how would the immigration panel doctor know whether an application is successful or not? All they would know is whether or not the applicant meets the basic medical criteria for immigration. As far as I know, DIMA does not contact the panel doctor to tell them your visa has been granted.
Old May 26th 2006, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to all

It wasn't the a panel doc I spoke to it was one of her staff who attended a conference where a big wig from the Australian Health Department was giving a speech all about the immigration process and medical info and it was this Doctor who gave out this information.

I had cause to contact the panel doc who carried out our meds because our 11 year old was asked for a HIV test, this turned out to be a clerical error. Thank god my meds had been done my BP went thought the roof, anyway sorted out but still waiting for visa. I phoned doc just to ask what category we had been put into as I had read something about A/B/C on the med forms and didnt know what they were. She clarified that for me.

The girl said that a lot of people she has worked with have got in touch to let her know if they have received their visas, I can only take her word for that though.

Good luck everyone
Sandra
x

Originally Posted by dotnron
Sorry to sound cynical here, but how would the immigration panel doctor know whether an application is successful or not? All they would know is whether or not the applicant meets the basic medical criteria for immigration. As far as I know, DIMA does not contact the panel doctor to tell them your visa has been granted.
Old May 26th 2006, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

That's what I thought. Good if true, although no reason to doubt her.

We thought we would have heard but not very patient I'm afraid, how are things for you have you heard anymore from Vic or Adelaide yet?

Hope you hear soon too.

Sandra
x

Originally Posted by herrchook
Wow, that's quite a high rate of acceptance, I would have thought it was lower - just goes to show you!

I thought you'd have something by now Sandra - fingers crossed you get new soon.

Gill
Old May 26th 2006, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

LoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of light

Here goes!!!!!

Sandra
x
The Aussie's must be more 'Jock Friendly' than they are with 'The Pomms' after all we are the great inventors and behind every good achievement there usually can be found a 'Scot' !
Old May 26th 2006, 9:56 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

Here goes!!!!!

Sandra
x
I thought I read that 85% of all statistics were made up..

Corker
Old May 27th 2006, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Hopefully not, we are trying to stay positive. Every little helps.
How's the weather in Adelaide, I have family in Clapham, Belair and Ridgehaven areas.

Sandra

Originally Posted by CORKER
I thought I read that 85% of all statistics were made up..

Corker
Old May 27th 2006, 8:31 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

When medicals are requested the round 1 : skills assessment has already been passed and you have enough points for the application to proceed. The medicals are the last thing to be asked for by a CO, which if clear basically means you have a visa. So its not really surprising the level of acceptance at that stage, although personally I would have considered it higher since the 2% who do get denied visas on medical grounds must know that at the time of application anyway since its a serious condition usually.
Old May 27th 2006, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Here goes!!!!!

Sandra
x
Sandra, We're one of the 4% so hopefully we're one of the first 2%. I have my doubts though. We thought we would have bother but thought we had ironed out probs. Have been told of other people who seem to have worse conditions than ours so here's hoping but the wait is pissing me right off
Old May 27th 2006, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry to hear that. Honestly the girl I spoke to did give me some examples of people who had probs but for obvious reason I dont want to post them on here. Nothing personal just confidential, although she did not name names.

She sounded very optimistic about the 2% of re referrals.

Keep your chin up and all the very best and we will keep our fingers and everything else crossed for you.

Sandra
x

Originally Posted by framac
Sandra, We're one of the 4% so hopefully we're one of the first 2%. I have my doubts though. We thought we would have bother but thought we had ironed out probs. Have been told of other people who seem to have worse conditions than ours so here's hoping but the wait is pissing me right off

Last edited by Sandra and Jim; May 27th 2006 at 5:07 pm.
Old May 27th 2006, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that. Honestly the girl I spoke to did give me some examples of people who had probs but for obvious reason I dont want to post them on here. Nothing personal just confidential, although she did not name names.

She sounded very optimistic about the 2% of re referrals.

Keep your chin up and all the very best and we will keep our fingers and everything else crossed for you.

Sandra
x
Cheers Folks, We had the same experience concerning the docs secretary/receptionist/partner/daughter or whatever she was. Acc to her we should be ok but after posts on this, I'm not so sure. I'm prepared for the worst although it would be a sore one to take.
Franny
Old May 28th 2006, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

LoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by framac
Cheers Folks, We had the same experience concerning the docs secretary/receptionist/partner/daughter or whatever she was. Acc to her we should be ok but after posts on this, I'm not so sure. I'm prepared for the worst although it would be a sore one to take.
Franny
Hope it all works out for you Franny!