Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Static Caravans in Brisbane

Static Caravans in Brisbane

Old Jul 11th 2005, 12:50 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Static Caravans in Brisbane

Hi does anyone have any links to buying a static caravan/holiday home in the brisbane area.

Just want to look at the prices. Ideally we would like to buy one for weekends and hopefully let out when not in use.

Kay
Old Jul 11th 2005, 1:14 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Static Caravans in Brisbane

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi does anyone have any links to buying a static caravan/holiday home in the brisbane area.

Just want to look at the prices. Ideally we would like to buy one for weekends and hopefully let out when not in use.

Kay
No sorry but have one in Clacton we want to sell maybe you could ship it over
Ok maybe not just a thought

cheers
Kris
Old Jul 11th 2005, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by kris maynard
No sorry but have one in Clacton we want to sell maybe you could ship it over
Ok maybe not just a thought

cheers
Kris
hey thats a good idea when can I collect it

no I've just been flicking through a mag here and there is a big advert of static cabin type caravan thingys?? to buy here in uk, and I thought thats just what we want over there.

Done a search on web but obviously not putting right thing in and getting nowhere.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 1:36 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

hey thats a good idea when can I collect it

no I've just been flicking through a mag here and there is a big advert of static cabin type caravan thingys?? to buy here in uk, and I thought thats just what we want over there.

Done a search on web but obviously not putting right thing in and getting nowhere.

Just a word of caution check out the resale fees etc as we have been done up like kippers just in case you dont like it i know you havent bought one yet and im getting a bit ahead but at least you know now to look into it!!!!
ie we have paid site fees for the year but if we sell the new owners have to pay them again (and they aint cheap)
The site charge 15% of the sale value even though they do nothing to help sell it!
All this is on top of the price of the van!
Anyone want a caravan at clacton!!

Kris
Old Jul 11th 2005, 1:46 pm

Just a word of caution check out the resale fees etc as we have been done up like kippers just in case you dont like it i know you havent bought one yet and im getting a bit ahead but at least you know now to look into it!!!!
ie we have paid site fees for the year but if we sell the new owners have to pay them again (and they aint cheap)
The site charge 15% of the sale value even though they do nothing to help sell it!
All this is on top of the price of the van!
Anyone want a caravan at clacton!!

Kris
Thanks Kris

thats here in the uk your talking about right?? do you know if its the same in Oz?
Old Jul 11th 2005, 1:55 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Kris

thats here in the uk your talking about right?? do you know if its the same in Oz?
You could try and contact a caravan park and ask their advice. Here's one I found earlier
http://www.galaxycp.com.au/caravan.html
Old Jul 11th 2005, 2:01 pm
Happy Member

Thanks Kris

Yes its in UK i dont know about Oz but at the end of the day they are businesses out to make money.
So forewarned is forearmed(somthing like that anyway)
When we bought it we asked about resale value etc and they just said obviously you will lose a bit (A bit like losing money on new car) they did not warn us about fees etc for selling it!
Just somthing to find out if you do get a static! Id hate anyone to end up in the situation we are in!

Cheers Kris
Old Jul 11th 2005, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You could try and contact a caravan park and ask their advice. Here's one I found earlier
http://www.galaxycp.com.au/caravan.html
cheers moneypenny good link will contact them
Old Jul 11th 2005, 2:11 pm

Yes its in UK i dont know about Oz but at the end of the day they are businesses out to make money.
So forewarned is forearmed(somthing like that anyway)
When we bought it we asked about resale value etc and they just said obviously you will lose a bit (A bit like losing money on new car) they did not warn us about fees etc for selling it!
Just somthing to find out if you do get a static! Id hate anyone to end up in the situation we are in!

Cheers Kris
Yes your right Kris

we need to look a lot more into it I just really wanted an idea of the prices must be cheaper than buying a second home??

thanks for your info