Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

statement confirming de facto relationship

statement confirming de facto relationship

Old Jan 28th 2007, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

cra1gm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default statement confirming de facto relationship

im not going to use a agent for my PR application. the one area which i may need help on is producing the above statement, confirming when we met, how etc etc.

when i made the application for the 457, i used an agent, as i was advised that DIMA, want the documents in a certain format, and to be written in such a way.

anyone got any advice, i was just going to do it myself, but unsure how to start?
Old Jan 28th 2007, 1:33 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: statement confirming de facto relationship

Originally Posted by cra1gm
im not going to use a agent for my PR application. the one area which i may need help on is producing the above statement, confirming when we met, how etc etc.

when i made the application for the 457, i used an agent, as i was advised that DIMA, want the documents in a certain format, and to be written in such a way.

anyone got any advice, i was just going to do it myself, but unsure how to start?

Your last name Gattling Gun by any chance...?

Seriously, you might be better off asking this in the Immigration forum where several people with good knowledge hang out... Good luck...
Old Jan 28th 2007, 1:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

First off, good luck but you won't need it as it's very very straightforward. If you go to the Aus Immi Forum http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32 and ask there. We do intermingle but some don't come here until they have their visa.

The most up to date info will be there. And people doing exactly the same thing right now. My info is now two years out of date
Old Jan 28th 2007, 1:35 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

If you are applying onshore, you can do it as a Stat Dec, on form 888.
As for the wording - just write it as you would normally write, doesn't have to be in legal language. Just tell the story of the rel'ship, make sure you get dates and other important stuff correct - when you met, when you moved in together, any rel'ship with partner's family/children, hopes for the future, that kind of thing.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/888.pdf
Old Jan 28th 2007, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

cra1gm is an unknown quantity at this point

lovely thanks for the replies ill take a look at the other forum