Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

State of Origin II (no spoiler)

State of Origin II (no spoiler)

Old Jun 15th 2005, 12:16 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default State of Origin II (no spoiler)

Another excellent match. Can't say more without spoiling it for those in the heathen states who will be watching later, so I will say no more.

Cheers,

DagBoy
Old Jun 15th 2005, 12:38 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: State of Origin II (no spoiler)

Oh yeah - here is another crap Origin joke:

Ricky Stuart and Michael Hagan are talking and Hagan points out that his team are smarter. "I'll prove it," he says, and calls Lockyer over. "Hey Darren," he says, "I have a question for you. Who is your parent's child that isn't your sister and isn't your brother?"
"Easy," says Lockyer, "that's me."

Stuart is impressed and decides to test his players. He calls Andrew Johns over. "Who is your parent's child that is not your brother and not your sister?" he asks. Johns is unsure. "Can you give me a little more time on this one?" he asks. Stuart agrees so Johns races off and decides to get help. He rings all his team mates, but none of them know, so in desperation he calls Billy Slater. "Easy," says Billy, "the answer is me."

Johns races back to Stuart and says "I got the answer - it's Billy Slater."

"You bloody idiot," says Stuart, "it's Lockyer."

Cheers,

DagBoy
Old Jun 15th 2005, 12:40 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DagBoy
Oh yeah - here is another crap Origin joke:

Ricky Stuart and Michael Hagan are talking and Hagan points out that his team are smarter. "I'll prove it," he says, and calls Lockyer over. "Hey Darren," he says, "I have a question for you. Who is your parent's child that isn't your sister and isn't your brother?"
"Easy," says Lockyer, "that's me."

Stuart is impressed and decides to test his players. He calls Andrew Johns over. "Who is your parent's child that is not your brother and not your sister?" he asks. Johns is unsure. "Can you give me a little more time on this one?" he asks. Stuart agrees so Johns races off and decides to get help. He rings all his team mates, but none of them know, so in desperation he calls Billy Slater. "Easy," says Billy, "the answer is me."

Johns races back to Stuart and says "I got the answer - it's Billy Slater."

"You bloody idiot," says Stuart, "it's Lockyer."

Cheers,

DagBoy
LOL - sorry dear, but thats a shocker .
Old Jun 15th 2005, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant future

I must admit I'm finding this whole origin thing interesting. It reminds me of the rivalry between England & Scotland in proper football. Its amazing QLD and the Scots have (comparatively) such good records given the natural superiority of their opponents..... :scared:
Old Jun 15th 2005, 1:55 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs spalen & I were watching and discussing wether the Gabba is the same place as the suncorp stadium - I reckon it is ? .. Stunning 80,000 people went to see that - cant imagine an england vs scotland game getting 80,000 people turning up for round 2 of 3...

< since we cant mention the result in this thread >
Old Jun 15th 2005, 3:46 pm
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by spalen
Mrs spalen & I were watching and discussing wether the Gabba is the same place as the suncorp stadium - I reckon it is ? .. Stunning 80,000 people went to see that - cant imagine an england vs scotland game getting 80,000 people turning up for round 2 of 3...

< since we cant mention the result in this thread >

No the Gabba is completely different, they play gAyFL there not football.

Anyway Qld were a joke IMO.

NSW deserved that win.

Old Jun 15th 2005, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Wondered if anyone out there might be able to answer my question.

I'm a huge RL fan in England and, like most RL fans in England, I'm from the north. Having moved down south it's quite clear that RL gets little/non-existent media coverage and therefore little/non-existent interest from the general public.
I was just wondering if any English people who hadn't really been exposed to RL in England (and were maybe even a little biased against it) have got into it since moving to Aus?
Old Jun 15th 2005, 9:50 pm
Cheesy Member

Originally Posted by DianneH68
I was just wondering if any English people who hadn't really been exposed to RL in England (and were maybe even a little biased against it) have got into it since moving to Aus?
I was never into RL in the UK, mainly because I did not have a flat cap and whippets (me? biased? never).
Over here I watch the state of origin - which is about as "into" a sport as I am ever likely to get

Cheers,

DagBoy
Old Jun 15th 2005, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, I can't get into it. Its too 'stop-start' for my liking. I do take an interest in the state of origin result. But I can't watch the the matches, too boring

I'll maybe watch the last 10 minutes of the last match to see the culmination of it all, and the celebrations.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Jun 15th 2005, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Wondered if anyone out there might be able to answer my question.

I'm a huge RL fan in England and, like most RL fans in England, I'm from the north. Having moved down south it's quite clear that RL gets little/non-existent media coverage and therefore little/non-existent interest from the general public.
Dianne

Being a southerner I followed soccer all my life and enjoyed watching that. I must admit to missing it a bit, as there is no coverage as far as I can see on Aussie terrestrial tv. So I figured I would have to find a new sport to follow, RL so far (in the 2 months I have been here) seems pretty face paced and exciting to watch. The state of origin has me hooked and I have watched a couple of Brisbane Bronco games on the tele. I don't really get the rules at the moment, but am hoping that this will come with time.

Katie
Old Jun 15th 2005, 10:14 pm
Badge

Originally Posted by DagBoy
I was never into RL in the UK, mainly because I did not have a flat cap and whippets (me? biased? never).
Over here I watch the state of origin - which is about as "into" a sport as I am ever likely to get

Cheers,

DagBoy
The Dagboys have a mounted picture of their twin sons in NSW and QLD colours - origin jerseys.

Bloody beautiful. I wonder if they had to toss a coin to decide who was going to wear QLD???!!

Great picture Mr D mate.

Badge

Old Jun 15th 2005, 10:24 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Badge
The Dagboys have a mounted picture of their twin sons in NSW and QLD colours - origin jerseys.

Bloody beautiful. I wonder if they had to toss a coin to decide who was going to wear QLD???!!

Great picture Mr D mate.

Badge
Badge, its actually a Wallabies jersey & a Qld Origin jersey, but you are pretty close .

Dagboy wants to point out that its obvious you are a Southerner - otherwise you would have known that there was no way we would have had one of them in a Blues jersey .
Old Jun 15th 2005, 11:39 pm
Badge

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Badge, its actually a Wallabies jersey & a Qld Origin jersey, but you are pretty close .

Dagboy wants to point out that its obvious you are a Southerner - otherwise you would have known that there was no way we would have had one of them in a Blues jersey .
Could have sworn it was a NSW one, and yes, it had puzzled me.

badge

Old Jun 16th 2005, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jimbo9
I must admit I'm finding this whole origin thing interesting. It reminds me of the rivalry between England & Scotland in proper football. Its amazing QLD and the Scots have (comparatively) such good records given the natural superiority of their opponents..... :scared:
NSW natural superiority my arse!!!!!!!
Old Jun 16th 2005, 6:40 am
Rocket Scientist

When did tickets for Origin 3 go on sale? Can only have been this morning & they are all sold!!!!!!! :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.