State of Origin

Old Jul 7th 2010, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute
Default State of Origin

I remember being in QLD in the early 90's and watching Origin, went to Wally Lewises last game at Lane Park.

So the state I had my Australian Origin is Queensland, even though I now (for now) live in NSW so I'm happy with tonights result.

Could the uk have an equivalent footy tournament "North vs South", of course it would be no contest

Now, how do I get back to Queensland?

Last edited by freebo; Jul 7th 2010 at 12:13 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

Alexor has a brilliant futureAlexor has a brilliant futureAlexor has a brilliant futureAlexor has a brilliant futureAlexor has a brilliant futureAlexor has a brilliant futureAlexor has a brilliant future
Default Re: State of Origin

What a great game today. I thought the Blues put up a very good fight and put everything they had into it.

I can't believe I spent 4 years in Oz and never took a blind bit of notice of the State of Origin. This has been the first series for me and I enjoyed every minute of it
Old Jul 7th 2010, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light

Sat down ready to go at 10:30 and lo and behold at about 11:05 we lose the signal.

Phone Sky and spend the best part of 30 mins trying to solve it to no avail - just when I notice this big crane outside the window! As it moves down the picture re-appears - must have been the weather I tell the chap form SKY!

Sit down and enjoy 5 mins before the signal goes again - I'm wise this time and that crane is back!

Finally saw the last 20 mins online - what a finish although not as good as the first game in 1994 when Qld scored twice in the last five mins. Ray Warren bellowed "That's not a try that's a miracle" which is slightly over stating the try perhaps ...

Bezza
Old Jul 7th 2010, 10:11 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freebo
I remember being in QLD in the early 90's and watching Origin, went to Wally Lewises last game at Lane Park.

So the state I had my Australian Origin is Queensland, even though I now (for now) live in NSW so I'm happy with tonights result.

Could the uk have an equivalent footy tournament "North vs South", of course it would be no contest

Now, how do I get back to Queensland?
We first landed (and lived) in Queensland, so that is, and always will be, our State of Origin too - very happy with the result!

Was a good game, NSW played with a lot more heart and vigour. Although there wasn't enough Biff for me

And of course the North would win in the UK.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

It was a great game. Feeling a bit worse for it now though..too much time spent in the pub outside the ground before the game.

I like the idea of UK north v south...but I don't think it would work becuase only Quins play in London. There did used to be Lancs v Yorks games...

!!!Guess by north v south you mean the round ball football.!!!
Old Jul 8th 2010, 2:11 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by freebo
..Could the uk have an equivalent footy tournament?...
What you mean a tournament where teams are comprised of people who originate from the same place instead of whoever they currently get paid by?.. What a fantastic idea...

Hang on a minute - isnt that called "The World Cup"?
Old Jul 8th 2010, 2:28 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DadAgain
What you mean a tournament where teams are comprised of people who originate from the same place instead of whoever they currently get paid by?.. What a fantastic idea...

Hang on a minute - isnt that called "The World Cup"?
..or on a more local level, The Home Internationals last played for in 1984.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain
What you mean a tournament where teams are comprised of people who originate from the same place instead of whoever they currently get paid by?..
Players for the State of Origin series isn't based on where the player is from - it's decided on where the player first played senior Rugby League.