Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

State Nominated Settlement services Adelaide

State Nominated Settlement services Adelaide

Old Jun 5th 2003, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

Diane&Bob is an unknown quantity at this point
Default State Nominated Settlement services Adelaide

Hello down there , Does anyone have either info or experience about this service they would be willing to share ? Thanks Diane& Bob.
Old Jun 5th 2003, 9:06 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: State Nominated Settlement services Adelaide

Originally posted by Diane&Bob
Hello down there , Does anyone have either info or experience about this service they would be willing to share ? Thanks Diane& Bob.
hi there try this link www.immigration.sa.gov.au i found it very useful
Old Jun 5th 2003, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Daffy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Diane & Bob

We fly to Adelaide on Tuesday coming. We were state nominated and we are part of the meet 'n' greet and also the 3 month rental accommodation.

We were given last week the address of the place we have been allocated for rental. It is in a town called Paradise, SA, but I don't expect too much. I'm scared to ask anyone on this forum if they actually know what it's like. I'm going out there with the attitude "anywhere's great as long as it's got a bed to put our tired bodies on after the long flight".

I don't know what you want to know but we are going thru it and I'd love to help with anything I can.

Daffy
Old Jun 5th 2003, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

stotty is on a distinguished road

Hi Daffy,

I've got STNI for SA and am thinking of using the meet & greet and rental options - do you get any choice in where your rental place is? or do you just have to wait and see what's allocated to you?

Just one of the many thoughts that seem to pop into my head the more that I think about what I need to sort out before I go! Would love to hear how you get on whan you get over there

Steve.
Old Jun 5th 2003, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Daffy. Good luck next week.

Found 'Paradise' on the adelaide map, its a suburb Northeast of the city. Not been to that area so I can't help with what it's like but I bet there are some nice views across the city to the sea.

Let us know what it's like if you can get on line. We arrive in Adelaide on July 2nd so keep in touch!
Mash

Originally posted by Daffy
Hi Diane & Bob

We fly to Adelaide on Tuesday coming. We were state nominated and we are part of the meet 'n' greet and also the 3 month rental accommodation.

We were given last week the address of the place we have been allocated for rental. It is in a town called Paradise, SA, but I don't expect too much. I'm scared to ask anyone on this forum if they actually know what it's like. I'm going out there with the attitude "anywhere's great as long as it's got a bed to put our tired bodies on after the long flight".

I don't know what you want to know but we are going thru it and I'd love to help with anything I can.

Daffy
Old Jun 5th 2003, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Her are the forms you need to book it and the email contact address. We decided against meet and greet....couldn't bare the disappointment if it was awful...

Email: [email protected]

Originally posted by stotty
Hi Daffy,

I've got STNI for SA and am thinking of using the meet & greet and rental options - do you get any choice in where your rental place is? or do you just have to wait and see what's allocated to you?

Just one of the many thoughts that seem to pop into my head the more that I think about what I need to sort out before I go! Would love to hear how you get on whan you get over there

Steve.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
03applicationform.doc (61.0 KB, 84 views)
Old Jun 5th 2003, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

And some info

Originally posted by mashiraz
Her are the forms you need to book it and the email contact address. We decided against meet and greet....couldn't bare the disappointment if it was awful...

Attached Files
01meet&greet.doc (68.0 KB, 625 views)
Old Jun 5th 2003, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

And some more info (will only let me attach 1 file per message (sorry!)

Mash
And some info
Attached Files
02onarrival accommodation.doc (69.5 KB, 151 views)
Old Jun 5th 2003, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

i would have thought it was a really good option

even if it's only for a week or so till you got somewhere else and it's a lot cheaper too..

cheers

richard

anyway adelaide girl posted this (to vini the toolmaker also on stni) last yr-

A friend's brother arrived in Adelaide from South Africa last month. He
availed himself of the 3 months rented accommodation. Apparently you get
some choice of area (ie North or South of the city), but the actual
property is not assigned until about a week before you arrive (as it is
dependent upon what housing stock is available). They've been assigned
a house in Paradise (sounds good doesn't it!) and are very happy with
the standard of accommodation. There is a range of accommodation
available, the SA Immigration website gives more info I believe (though
the site is difficult to navigate) so you are assigned a property based
on your individual circumstances - if you have six children you won't be
assigned a two bedroom unit. Hope this helps. adelaidegirl
Old Jun 5th 2003, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes well, each to their own...We've booked into holiday accommodation for 11 nights then move to the area we want ready to look to buy straight away. Worth the extra as far as we are concerned as it will be a good holiday to start us off on the right foot. It's stressful enough as it is.

Shelly said a couple arrived at the same time as her at the state accommodation, stayed 2 hours and booked into a hotel. With 2 kids I can't risk that situation after a 24 hour flight.

Mash...

Originally posted by r.bartlett
i would have thought it was a really good option

even if it's only for a week or so till you got somewhere else and it's a lot cheaper too..

cheers

richard

anyway adelaide girl posted this (to vini the toolmaker also on stni) last yr-

A friend's brother arrived in Adelaide from South Africa last month. He
availed himself of the 3 months rented accommodation. Apparently you get
some choice of area (ie North or South of the city), but the actual
property is not assigned until about a week before you arrive (as it is
dependent upon what housing stock is available). They've been assigned
a house in Paradise (sounds good doesn't it!) and are very happy with
the standard of accommodation. There is a range of accommodation
available, the SA Immigration website gives more info I believe (though
the site is difficult to navigate) so you are assigned a property based
on your individual circumstances - if you have six children you won't be
assigned a two bedroom unit. Hope this helps. adelaidegirl
Old Jun 6th 2003, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Default STNI - Rental accommodation

Originally posted by stotty
Hi Daffy,

Steve.
Dear Steve

No you don't get any choice in the accommodation the Immigration dept allocate you. We were asked questions like: how many members of family, any pets etc. We were told we would not know what or where we would be allocated until we confirmed our flights 7/10 days before.

Someone has been and checked out where we are going and said it's a Unit, two storey, with a back yard. OK - not Paradise to me but who cares. Give it a week or so (better than a hostel) and if we don't like it we'll find somewhere we do, but use this as our base till we do.

This service is great for me as it's cheap rental, furnished and someone is gonna meet me at the airport and take me there. They will also take me shopping and help me with anything I want. WHAT MORE CAN I ASK FOR!!!!

Sorry it's 3 day till we fly and I am very emortional!!!

Pls keep in touch if you need any info.

Daffy
Old Jun 6th 2003, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: STNI - Rental accommodation

Good luck, I'm sure it will be fine....
Let us know where you settle, and we'll have a beer.
Mash...

Dear Steve

No you don't get any choice in the accommodation the Immigration dept allocate you. We were asked questions like: how many members of family, any pets etc. We were told we would not know what or where we would be allocated until we confirmed our flights 7/10 days before.

Someone has been and checked out where we are going and said it's a Unit, two storey, with a back yard. OK - not Paradise to me but who cares. Give it a week or so (better than a hostel) and if we don't like it we'll find somewhere we do, but use this as our base till we do.

This service is great for me as it's cheap rental, furnished and someone is gonna meet me at the airport and take me there. They will also take me shopping and help me with anything I want. WHAT MORE CAN I ASK FOR!!!!

Sorry it's 3 day till we fly and I am very emortional!!!

Pls keep in touch if you need any info.

Daffy
Old Jun 6th 2003, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

Hi Diane & Bob

Daffy
Old Jun 6th 2003, 11:10 pm
Just Joined

Dear Daffy - you may not recieve this before you go. Thanks very much for useful info and for taking the trouble to help at this exciting and scary time. All the very best for your new adventure. Keep us all posted as to your progress. Diane.
Old Jun 7th 2003, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

Dear Daffy - you may not recieve this before you go. Thanks very much for useful info and for taking the trouble to help at this exciting and scary time. All the very best for your new adventure. Keep us all posted as to your progress. Diane.
Dear Di!

I will most definitely keep in touch with you lot - you're the only people who understand ME!!!!

Will keep everyone on this site updated as to this STNI thing.

One thing - I can't keep up with these bloody parties we're having - pissed again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.