British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Stat Decs. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/stat-decs-202237/)

BostonHouse Jan 12th 2004 11:01 pm

Stat Decs.

When you get people to write Stat Decs for you, do they have attach a copy of their passport or birth certificate? And if so does this apply to all stat decs aussy or non-aussy?

Timber Floor Au Jan 12th 2004 11:07 pm

Re: Stat Decs.

Originally posted by BostonHouse
When you get people to write Stat Decs for you, do they have attach a copy of their passport or birth certificate? And if so does this apply to all stat decs aussy or non-aussy?
:)

To the best of my knowledge Boston,

The stat decs are your declaration, that what you have said is true and honest, it is countersigned by you and you enclosse copy of passport for identity as reqd...

Im also quite sure that this info that you have signed is also counter signed by a notary, ie a solicitor or a jp, etcc

They do not include their passport details :)

If they have a STAMP then gettem to stamp it

Hope this helps :)

Pollyana Jan 12th 2004 11:13 pm

The Aussie ones are supposed to be done on Form 888, which says that they should attach proof of residency/passport etc. Though 2 of my 4 Aussie ones didn't, and weren't queried. The UK ones don't have an official form, so we didn't both, and again no-one queried it.

Timber Floor Au Jan 12th 2004 11:20 pm

Originally posted by Pollyana
The Aussie ones are supposed to be done on Form 888, which says that they should attach proof of residency/passport etc. Though 2 of my 4 Aussie ones didn't, and weren't queried. The UK ones don't have an official form, so we didn't both, and again no-one queried it.
Yep i agree oops... :)

<just come off the net with our friends in brissy, they are saying all fans are on, and ready for the Rain forecasted for tomorrow...

:) steve

WBB Jan 12th 2004 11:48 pm

same here, one of my aussie ones had a passport photocopy the other did not , we used the same form for the british stat decs and that has not yet been questioned.

bundy Jan 13th 2004 12:49 am

Originally posted by welshboybilly
same here, one of my aussie ones had a passport photocopy the other did not , we used the same form for the british stat decs and that has not yet been questioned.

That's a relief. Worry 692 on my list of worries is that none of Mr Bundy's family have a passport and none of them can find their birth certs. So far, we have one aussie stat dec with passport and one without, and one on it's way which we're not sure about.

WBB Jan 13th 2004 12:54 am

Originally posted by bundy
That's a relief. Worry 692 on my list of worries is that none of Mr Bundy's family have a passport and none of them can find their birth certs. So far, we have one aussie stat dec with passport and one without, and one on it's way which we're not sure about.
you cant have much to worry about if that is only number 692, that was way down the list of worries i had, if i remember correctly it was worry AO765-PL-Z2A.

:D

bundy Jan 13th 2004 12:56 am

you cant have much to worry about if that is only number 692, that was way down the list of worries i had, if i remember correctly it was worry AO765-PL-Z2A.

LOL!!!!! It's high on my list though, because it is my current worry. Things like shipping are way down at the bottom where we hit the 6 figure sums.

Timber Floor Au Jan 13th 2004 1:10 am

LOL!!!!! It's high on my list though, because it is my current worry. Things like shipping are way down at the bottom where we hit the 6 figure sums.

Just touching on the passport issue,

IS there a specific amount of time you need remaining on your passport for when you Emigrate??

Obviously some time remaining helps :)

bundy Jan 13th 2004 1:12 am

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
Just touching on the passport issue,

IS there a specific amount of time you need remaining on your passport for when you Emigrate??

Obviously some time remaining helps :)
Not sure...I'd say 6 months absolute minimum. Thankfully, not on my list of worries as I've only just renewed my passport

Timber Floor Au Jan 13th 2004 1:43 am

Not sure...I'd say 6 months absolute minimum. Thankfully, not on my list of worries as I've only just renewed my passport

Cheers Bundy,

evertime i see that word BUNDY i get flashbacks to a bad nt on the grog in brissy lol

Ty for ya help :)

bundy Jan 13th 2004 1:47 am

Cheers Bundy,

evertime i see that word BUNDY i get flashbacks to a bad nt on the grog in brissy lol

Ty for ya help :)
It's impossible to have a bad night on bundy (the drink, of course). Only good things will come of a tussle with the bundy bear.

Timber Floor Au Jan 13th 2004 1:48 am

It's impossible to have a bad night on bundy (the drink, of course). Only good things will come of a tussle with the bundy bear.

Yeah unfortunately after a tussle wiv the Bundy Bear i kinda had an argy bargy wiv the Porcelain monster !!! lmao:beer:

WBB Jan 13th 2004 1:53 am

:eek:

i'm glad you put the bit in brackets in.

:scared: :D

bundy Jan 13th 2004 1:53 am

Yeah unfortunately after a tussle wiv the Bundy Bear i kinda had an argy bargy wiv the Porcelain monster !!! lmao:beer:

LOL!!! ALthough I tend to blame the coke rather than the rum.

bundy Jan 13th 2004 1:55 am

i'm glad you put the bit in brackets in.

:scared: :D
I only did it because I knew you'd come along and make some lewd comment!!!!:D :D

WBB Jan 13th 2004 1:58 am

I only did it because I knew you'd come along and make some lewd comment!!!!:D :D
LOL:D

i have never had a night on the bundy so i cant comment, but i'm sure once in aussie i will be making up for lost time.

bundy Jan 13th 2004 2:02 am

LOL:D

i have never had a night on the bundy so i cant comment, but i'm sure once in aussie i will be making up for lost time.
The drink, of course.

Ah, the delights of bundy (still talking about the drink). You're in for a treat, WBB.

WBB Jan 13th 2004 2:03 am

The drink, of course.

Ah, the delights of bundy (still talking about the drink). You're in for a treat, WBB.

are you flirting with me :o

i'm going all shy

bundy Jan 13th 2004 2:05 am

are you flirting with me :o

i'm going all shy

You started it! Sort of.

bundy Jan 13th 2004 2:06 am

You started it! Sort of.
Actually, you didn't at all, but I'm trying to shift the blame before I get myself into a hole I have no hope of digging myself out of!!!

WBB Jan 13th 2004 2:06 am

You started it! Sort of.
LOL

i hope mrs welshgirl does not decide to read this thread later or i will get a clip.

bundy Jan 13th 2004 2:08 am

LOL

i hope mrs welshgirl does not decide to read this thread later or i will get a clip.

Indeed. Nor Mr Bundy. Don't want to scupper our chances of de facto visas, now do we!!!

WBB Jan 13th 2004 2:10 am

Indeed. Nor Mr Bundy. Don't want to scupper our chances of de facto visas, now do we!!!
so you are with him for his aussie passport?

very romantic.

bundy Jan 13th 2004 2:13 am

so you are with him for his aussie passport?

very romantic.

WBB, if I'd just have been with him for his aussieness and visa supplying potential, we'd have been over there 3 years ago! I wouldn't have let the blighter drag me all the way back here to the UK for starters. It's clearly love.
:D :D :D

WBB Jan 13th 2004 2:15 am

WBB, if I'd just have been with him for his aussieness and visa supplying potential, we'd have been over there 3 years ago! I wouldn't have let the blighter drag me all the way back here to the UK for starters. It's clearly love.
i know, just kidding.

we have totally taken over somebodys thread here, it started out so well and then.......well you know the rest.

got to go pick the little un up from school now, BRB.

bundy Jan 13th 2004 2:16 am

i know, just kidding.

we have totally taken over somebodys thread here, it started out so well and then.......well you know the rest.

got to go pick the little un up from school now, BRB.
We're thread hijackers, you and me. And it always starts with a suggestive comment...

WBB Jan 13th 2004 2:41 am

We're thread hijackers, you and me. And it always starts with a suggestive comment...
yeah, maybe we will have to have our own thread next time we are both on..........that will be 2mw then.

bundy Jan 13th 2004 2:43 am

yeah, maybe we will have to have our own thread next time we are both on..........that will be 2mw then.

Bit boring for the rest of the posters though.

WBB Jan 13th 2004 2:44 am

Bit boring for the rest of the posters though.
speak for yourself!

bundy Jan 13th 2004 2:46 am

speak for yourself!

I often do.

I worry (here we go again) that no one else shares our particular sense of humour

WBB Jan 13th 2004 2:50 am

I often do.

I worry (here we go again) that no one else shares our particular sense of humour
your probably right you know, but no one is chirping up so they will have to suffer in silence.

bundy Jan 13th 2004 2:51 am

your probably right you know, but no one is chirping up so they will have to suffer in silence.

Possibly because they're all busy writing emails to the administrators to get us banned for hijacking threads and being lewd

WBB Jan 13th 2004 3:05 am

Possibly because they're all busy writing emails to the administrators to get us banned for hijacking threads and being lewd
LOL :D

it could be worse, they could be emailing your boss and explaining that you spend the greater part of the day posting on expats.

Pollyana Jan 13th 2004 7:53 am

Toughest thing about my new job is having NO internet access! EEKK!!! Was discussing it yesterday and it seems that the Aussies in general seem to be not as advanced as the UK when it comes to computerisation at work - they are actually paranoid about the entire system losng its contents and so all the work I do has to be done on 4 different spreadsheets AND on paper! Whats the point?!!! The computer is so old you have to wind it up in the morning! We use microtsoft Outloo, not even Express and I've been told its the most up-to-date email system available...... and all emails are routed through the administrator and virus checked individually, even though they have a mega-Norton programme!
Thanks for the entertainment you two - wish i'd stayed up all night to chat!

bondipom Jan 13th 2004 8:01 am

Toughest thing about my new job is having NO internet access! EEKK!!! Was discussing it yesterday and it seems that the Aussies in general seem to be not as advanced as the UK when it comes to computerisation at work - they are actually paranoid about the entire system losng its contents and so all the work I do has to be done on 4 different spreadsheets AND on paper! Whats the point?!!! The computer is so old you have to wind it up in the morning! We use microtsoft Outloo, not even Express and I've been told its the most up-to-date email system available...... and all emails are routed through the administrator and virus checked individually, even though they have a mega-Norton programme!
Thanks for the entertainment you two - wish i'd stayed up all night to chat!
MS Outlook has more features than Outlook Express. Outlook express is for home use whilst Outlook connects to corporate e-mail systems with groupware capabilities.

Express is generally a term used for cut down versions of programs that are given away or for a small price.

bundy Jan 13th 2004 7:07 pm

LOL :D

it could be worse, they could be emailing your boss and explaining that you spend the greater part of the day posting on expats.

:scared: :scared: :scared:

Ah well, handing in my notice in a month....:D